Pregnyl - can I use it to add hCG to my protocol?

ChronosOceanus

So, I've been considering adding hCG to my TRT protocol, and it just so happens my wife has some leftover from fertility treatments in the form of Pregnyl. Everything I'm seeing leads me to believe it's standard hCG, but I wanted to throw this out there to get confirmation.

Is this OK to use as long as it's not expired? It's a 10 mL vial from Merck & Co that comes with another vial of dilutent.

So, I've been considering adding hCG to my TRT protocol, and it just so happens my wife has some leftover from fertility treatments in the form of Pregnyl. Everything I'm seeing leads me to believe it's standard hCG, but I wanted to throw this out there to get confirmation.

Is this OK to use as long as it's not expired? It's a 10 mL vial from Merck & Co that comes with another vial of dilutent.

You are correct.

Not sure where you're getting the 10ml number from. Hcg comes in international units (iu), typically along with 1ml of sterile water. Usually these are one dose/vile, but since you'll be using lots less multiple times, you'll need to mix with BAC (bacteriostatic) water.

You are correct.

Not sure where you're getting the 10ml number from. Hcg comes in international units (iu), typically along with 1ml of sterile water. Usually these are one dose/vile, but since you'll be using lots less multiple times, you'll need to mix with BAC (bacteriostatic) water.

Oops, you're right. It says 10,000 USP units/vial. The other vial is bacteriostatic water, 10 mL.

Since this is a leftover "trigger shot" for my wife the prescription intended for her to inject all 10,000 units at once, but I can just mix in 4 mL of the bacteriostatic water in and have 250 IU per .10 mL, right?

Question - does the hCG expiration date of 30-60 days start counting from when you mix the bacteriostatic water into it? Or when you get it?

Yes, but it depends on what you mix it with and how you store it. It also has an expiration date on it for if it isn't mixed

Yes, but it depends on what you mix it with and how you store it. It also has an expiration date on it for if it isn't mixed

Thanks, yeah, the non-mix date is like late next year. I've had it for about a month un-mixed just at room temperature. I mixed it with bacteriostatic water and immediately put it in the fridge. May do the freezer thing that 3J outlines in his post.

i personally keep powders like peps or hcg etc, in fridge mixed and un mixed, i feel its best. just thought i would add that.
yes op your plan seems fine.

Back