Preparing for my 4th cycle

Hugh Myron

Hello all. I have made an introductory post that not many people have read in the general forums. I am going to go straight to the point in my post.

I have been off cycle for about 22 weeks now, and I am getting ready to plan my next cycle so that I can maximize my gains. I currently have about 5 weeks of school left, and then I am getting CSEP-CPT certified, so that I can find a career in personal training.

I have recently finished two months of ketogenic diet, and this was basically the meal plan that I was following throughout. I have not been following a diet for the past 2 weeks, and I've noticed detraining and loss of muscle mass because I've only went to the gym about 5 times in the past 3 weeks. During the ketogenic diet, I was participating in resistance training about 5 to 6 times a week, and doing the stairmaster at a moderate intensity for 45 mins every other day. I lost about 5 lbs in this two month period, however you have to remember that I was cutting weight naturally so it was expected that I would have some muscle loss and loss in strength gains.

This was the ketogenic diet that I followed for 2 months.

Starting weight: 190 lbs
End weight: 185 lbs

Meal 1
- 6 bacon strips
- 2 scoops whey
- 2 whole eggs
- 15 egg whites
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

Meal 2
- 2 italian sausages
- 1 cup baby spinach

Meal 3
- 2 cup sirloin burgers
- 1 cup spinach

Meal 4
- 1 8 oz chicken breast
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 tablespoons italian dressing

Post-workout
- 2 scoops whey
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
-1 tablespoon splenda

Meal 5
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 3 squares of Lindt dark chocolate

Meal 6
- 1 8 oz chicken breast
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tablespoon italian dressing

Meal 7
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese

Training program

Monday - OFF

Tuesday - Chest and Triceps
- Flat Bench - 3 x 8
- Incline DB bench

Got to go...to be continued

Sooo, what is the cycle? You didn't mention anything about it.

You might consider changing your post workout nutrition. Your body needs carbohydrates after you workout, not protein. The first thing you should be doing is spiking your muscle glycogen levels, so that when you do consume protein, it can be utilized.

Back