Pride, UFC or K-1

Nothing will ever compete with oldschool UFC. You know the shit I'm talking about -- where it seemed like people off the street (Tank Abbot?) would come and fight -- beating the living shit out of each other with not too much grappling and less rules than a street fight.

Man, those were the days.

The old school ufc was not as good as it is today
sure it was bare knuckle but that only prevented propper striking IMO

look at the old school boys having to use palm strikes and back hands, reminds me of the pancrase fights

Ok they might have been more "hardcore" but have you heard of something called skill?
The new breed of Martial Athletes competing in MMA are an awesome breed, much better than the old school. Before you could use one thing and get away with it, look at how shamrock has progressed, he's a classical case.

The cross training element has improved too, look at all the crossover between groundwork and propper striking.
Ok tehre were a few strikers back in the old day such as Hackney and Orlando Weit (BTW WTF WAS HE DOING IN THE UFC??)

Now look at lidell, heck look at tito! they have solid striking and a good ground game to boot.

Babyfaced Assassin said:
The old school ufc was not as good as it is today
sure it was bare knuckle but that only prevented propper striking IMO

look at the old school boys having to use palm strikes and back hands, reminds me of the pancrase fights

Ok they might have been more "hardcore" but have you heard of something called skill?
The new breed of Martial Athletes competing in MMA are an awesome breed, much better than the old school. Before you could use one thing and get away with it, look at how shamrock has progressed, he's a classical case.

The cross training element has improved too, look at all the crossover between groundwork and propper striking.
Ok tehre were a few strikers back in the old day such as Hackney and Orlando Weit (BTW WTF WAS HE DOING IN THE UFC??)

Now look at lidell, heck look at tito! they have solid striking and a good ground game to boot.

Agreed!

Back