Pro or Cons of Raw Egg's?

Dlove

Product of Test
I heard a ways back that raw eggs in shakes do not contain as much nutritional value. I woulgn't know why that would be I think the guy on the board who said it was blowing smoke or mis-lead. I put 6 raw eggs in my morning shake anybody know any pro's or cons to that?

i do it every once in awhile or i some times just "Rocky" shoot 4 down the throat.
i have heard the smae things as you and no one can ever agree on the subject. evey one can find info backing both sides to the story. so i do it cuz i like too or if i am short on time.

i cant find a defininte answer on this to save my life. i think raw eggs cause biotin deficiency, so if you eat them raw, supplementing with biotin would be a good idea.

I just cook em.

I also heard the pasteurized egg whites are fine. To bad their 2-3 bucks a clip a one carton lasts me a morning. I wish I could get an answer on this but after a few yrs now of talking about it I dont think I will. I might just chalk it up and get the pasteurized cartons they are definitely supposed to be benificial. I would love to scramble eggs every morning but that along with baking my chicken and salmon and grilling my burgers would be another full time job so I say **** it and shake it

Suareezay said:
i cant find a defininte answer on this to save my life. i think raw eggs cause biotin deficiency, so if you eat them raw, supplementing with biotin would be a good idea.

I just cook em.
yes but thats only egg whites alone (for what i've read) and if the yolk is also consumed it does not cuase this.

adidamps2 said:
yes but thats only egg whites alone (for what i've read) and if the yolk is also consumed it does not cuase this.
hm...could be.

what about for most people, who consume 1-2 yolks and upwards of 10 or more whites? would there be a biotin issue there?

Suareezay said:
hm...could be.

what about for most people, who consume 1-2 yolks and upwards of 10 or more whites? would there be a biotin issue there?
theres no telling...i always take a B complex when i eat raw eggs no matter.
plus are you talking raw or cooked in that instance..cuz 10 raw egg whites would be like drinking a bucket of snot...i wouldnt do more than 4 whole eggs at any one sitting personally.

Gimp said:
GAS!!!! I drink 16 egg whites per day, or at least I used too. But my gas was so bad I could've qualified for disabled parking.

is it the little pasteurized egg whites you're drinking raw?
my gas is getting to be an issue too. thinking about dropping the eggs and switcching my whey to some isolate or something.

click here for info on eating raw eggs
Raw whole eggs are a phenomenally inexpensive and incredible source of high-quality nutrients that many of us are deficient in, especially high-quality protein and fat.

Eggs generally are one of the most allergic foods that are eaten, but I believe this is because they are cooked. If one consumes the eggs in their raw state the incidence of egg allergy virtually disappears. Heating the egg protein actually changes its chemical shape, and the distortion can easily lead to allergies.

So, if you have not been able to tolerate eggs before you will want to consider eating them uncooked.

But when one discusses raw eggs, the typical reaction is a fear of salmonella. So let me begin this update, my first that comprehensively addresses the immediate concern of nearly everyone who hears this recommendation.

"Well What About Salmonella? Won't I Get Sick If I Eat Raw Eggs?"

Salmonella is a serious infection, and it is believed that in the US over two-thirds of a million cases of human illnesses a year result from eating contaminated eggs. If you want more information on salmonella the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has an excellent page on this disease.

So why on earth would any competent health care professional ever recommend eating uncooked eggs?

When you carefully analyze the risk of contracting salmonella from raw eggs, you will find that it is actually quite low. A study by the U.S. Department of Agriculture earlier this year (Risk Analysis April 2002 22(2):203-18) showed that of the 69 billion eggs produced annually, only 2.3 million of them are contaminated with salmonella.

So simple math suggests that only 0.003 percent of eggs are infected. The translation is that only one in every 30,000 eggs is contaminated with salmonella. This gives you an idea of how uncommon this problem actually is.

Last edited:
If you are really afraid of possible salmonella eat pasteurized eggs--they are expensive compared to regular eggs. If your eggs are fresh the chance of salmonella poisoning is very slight, usually if an egg is bad you will know it. Bad eggs usually smell bad. Raw eggs actually have a lot of nutrition, lots of protein and a fair amount of fat. If you are an active person they are a great source of nutrition, if you are a couch potato then you should minimize the amount of eggs you eat.

I've been adding a shitload of raw and unpasteurized egg whites to my store-bought egg nog (and holiday custard) this month. No problems. I also add vanilla extract and a little Splenda. Maybe some nutmeg. Good stuff!

mranak said:
I've been adding a shitload of raw and unpasteurized egg whites to my store-bought egg nog (and holiday custard) this month. No problems. I also add vanilla extract and a little Splenda. Maybe some nutmeg. Good stuff!

everything sounds good except the splenda=poison try a little bit of honey or a teaspoon of maple syrup instead. Once you take a class in Organic Chemistry you will gain a rational fear of splenda, nutrasweet, aspartame, and most over the counter pain killers.

mranak said:

Good to see you posting again
Welcome back

huskyguy said:
everything sounds good except the splenda=poison try a little bit of honey or a teaspoon of maple syrup instead. Once you take a class in Organic Chemistry you will gain a rational fear of splenda, nutrasweet, aspartame, and most over the counter pain killers.

More info on this please
Many are telling me to get off the splenda and Advil

Back