proscar with test? neep help quick!!

onebigboy34

if you just use proscar during the cylcle and stop using it post cycle what will happen. i am just looking for something to keep the hair loss to a minimum while on they cycle. i have read that if you just take it during the cycle and get off of it after, that your hair loss will accelerate post cycle. is this true. i want to use something that will slow down hairloss while on the cycle...but i dont want it to speed up hairloss after the cycle when it is no longer used.....that would defeat the whole purpose of using it to begin with....thanks for any help.

p.s. what about all the topical hairloss products if you just use them during cylce and quit using them after the cycle...will your hairloss accelerate? thanks again

No it is not true. Think about the mechanism by which proscar works. Once your testosterone levels are back to normal your DHT production will be too.

RB

Ifrit said:
What's up bigboy? Avodart works much better than proscar. You can get a script for 50$ at www.medicalwellnesscenter.com. It is around $70 for a month. Not a sponsor,lol.

I like proscar. It only inhibits type 2 5ar, which leaves enough (30%) of the DHT to exhibit its positive effects (for libido, mood, etc.). And anyway, type 1 5ar is mostly in the sebaceous glands of the skin while type 2 is the one that's found in the prostate and the hair follicles.

I can't find the forum now, but I remember looking into it a while ago and finding dozens of threads of people complaing about accelerated hair loss while using dutasteride. Although it sounds dubious, I think this might have to do with the extreme inhibition of the type 1 5ar enzyme and its ability to stimulate the sebaceous glands to secrete the oils that lubricate the hair follicles.

RB

Last edited:
arby said:
No it is not true. Think about the mechanism by which proscar works. Once your testosterone levels are back to normal your DHT production will be too.

RB

Even so, i would still recommend taking it a few months past the cycle. But really if you arent planning on taking for a long time, yes just stick with topicals. You could use polysorbate 80 and 2% nizoral shampoo.

arby said:
I like proscar. It only inhibits type 2 5ar, which leaves enough (30%) of the DHT to exhibit its positive effects (for libido, mood, etc.). And anyway, type 1 5ar is mostly in the sebaceous glands of the skin while type 2 is the one that's found in the prostate and the hair follicles.

I can't find the forum now, but I remember looking into it a while ago and finding dozens of threads of people complaing about accelerated hair loss while using dutasteride. Although it sounds dubious, I think this might have to do with the extreme inhibition of the type 1 5ar enzyme and its ability to stimulate the sebaceous glands to secrete the oils that lubricate the hair follicles.

RB

arby thanks for the heads up. I was actually thinking of stopping 1/4 proscar/ed and starting avodart, but now that I read your post I'm going to look into it a bit more!

thanks to all

...any more opinions?

how long after the cycle should you wait to quit using the topicals and which topicals are the best to use together

hair loss is the most scary thing in the world simpllyhuge..if it werent for that I would hook myself up to a 100gallon tank of test and stay on it :)

If a cycle of test makes you go bald, then obviously you're going to go bald anyways.

yeah but its no need to go bald before you have to DTOX ;)

Simpllyhuge: Im not sure..as far as I've been told DHT got no real purpose after the puberty...not sure though..you need to ask someone with more experience ;)

proscar takes a long time to ingratiate itself into your system, be prepared to use it for a minimum of 3 months to see any results.

dirty-dog said:
proscar takes a long time to ingratiate itself into your system, be prepared to use it for a minimum of 3 months to see any results.

From http://www.propecia.com/propecia/cns/pi/clinpharm.html
Finasteride produces a rapid reduction in serum DHT concentration, reaching 65% suppression within 24 hours of oral dosing with a 1-mg tablet.

However hair grows only about a quarter inch a month, so yes it would take a few months to see results.

RB

Bro,
The same thing applies to dutasteride, finasteride and minoxidil. If you start them (on or off cycle), continue them. Any hair you preserve while on the drugs will be lost fairly quickly once you go off them.
These are not short-term, cycle-protective drugs, in fact, they're essentially worthless for that. The full benefit of finasteride, for example, may not be evident for 12 months.
If you're worried about hair loss, get on fin or dut and minox and stay on them until something else better comes down the pike!

yeah I've been on 2.5 mg proscar for 5 months now and I see good results, I also ordered my first batch of 3x Nizoral shampoo bottles today. And I plan to frickin stay on it till they come up with something better (altough my sex drive goes down while on prosc)

so what about Minoxidil..can you get it in pill version or must you rub that shit on like a creme ? Sucks seriously if you have to...but does it work as good as proscar ? I've heard that proscar is a bit better

Last edited:
lordaron said:
yeah I've been on 2.5 mg proscar for 5 months now and I see good results, I also ordered my first batch of 3x Nizoral shampoo bottles today. And I plan to frickin stay on it till they come up with something better (altough my sex drive goes down while on prosc)

so what about Minoxidil..can you get it in pill version or must you rub that shit on like a creme ? Sucks seriously if you have to...but does it work as good as proscar ? I've heard that proscar is a bit better

In some men, there is a synergistic effect of using finasteride and minoxidil together, but yes, you have to rub minox on, and twice a day, once a day is not effective according to studies.

Back