Pump up before the stage question

S

Swamp Thing

For some damn reason it takes me forever to get a good pump and get muscle full. I mean, I'm in the gym for 25-30 minutes before I feel "swollen." Is this the norm? I've done one show before and honestly never felt like I got a pump at all before going on stage. It's like I really have to lift and lift heavy to get going.

Just suck it up and lift until I feel pumped up or go without and don't hit the stage tired? I feel flat without it...

If you are doing your final week prep correctly, you shouldn't have this issue. Are you taking in a little sugar before you go on stage? and have you thought about supplementing with Arginine prior to? The pump up shouldn't be anything strenuous, just last minute assurance that blood gets to the muscle cells. As for your workout a good preworkout/arginine product may help you, and try holding the isometric contraction of any movement for an extra few seconds

Just use a blow dryer. Serious. I can't figure out how more competitors don't know about it.

For some damn reason it takes me forever to get a good pump and get muscle full. I mean, I'm in the gym for 25-30 minutes before I feel "swollen." Is this the norm? I've done one show before and honestly never felt like I got a pump at all before going on stage. It's like I really have to lift and lift heavy to get going.

Just suck it up and lift until I feel pumped up or go without and don't hit the stage tired? I feel flat without it...

If you're flat you need carbs ... take in some sugar or carbs just prior to getting pumped up and you should be good to get on stage. Grab a Snickers -- Hungry? Why wait? lol! I think you're missing something here that you don't realize because at that level it shouldn't take very much at all to get a little pump prior to stage. For your work outs do you time your macro nutrients?? You should be getting an influx of carbs at your meal pre and post work out. For me, I intake 25% of my daily carbs at Pre then another 25% post and the remainder are split evenly throughout my remaining meals. You can always try adding dextrose to a during drink (Xtend).

Back