question about actions of dutastride or finastride

simpllyhuge

im confused about how dutastride or finastride affect testosterone and the conversion to dht.

what actually is resposible for sex drive and what does finastride do?

would i have a lower sex drive on finastride with a gram of test than i would with just my natural test and no finastride?

And how would hair loss be compared to me on a gram of test and finastride then me on no test and no finastride?

also how do dutastride and finastride differ

good ?'s all in all really but I think it's gonna be a personal thing on how your react to tesst/propecia. The ? I always was curious about was.......

what would be worse on the hairline, a nandrolone only cycle(say deca didn't give me deca dick) or test with finastride/dutastride?????

your right it is gonna be a personal thing but im more looking for an answer on how it works. meaning why is is that only some people have sexual sides from it, is it because these are the same people who dont need a lot of dht or test for their sex drive or is it because its working better for them at just blocking the some action of dht in the follicle.

is their a difference between taking finasstride with a gram oftest or lets say having an imaginary testosterone for arguments sake that was not androgenic at all, also at a gram?

this might seem a silly question but im just curious how it all works.

Last edited:
Finasteride blocks the type2 5ar which lowers the amount of DHT in the bloodstream. This eliminates or at least reduces the amount of DHT reaching the hair follicle and thus reduces the hair loss from DHT. The sides that result are from blocking the DHT and fucking up the andro/esto balance in your system.
The upside to this is that in most studies around 1-2% at most experienced the sides. The downside would be that even those who stopped taking fina continued to experience the sides for almost 2 years later + theres no way to tell if you're predisposed to experiencing those length/severe sides other than by taking it.

Your best bet is to run a nandro with the test to inhibit the type2 ar to some extent (no where near fina but some is better than none) and throw in TOPICAL spiro to take care of the andro in the hair. I would say taking oral spiro is a big no no since the sides from that are similar if not worse than finasteride (like testicular atrophy/permanent infertility when used long term).

right pumped said:
good ?'s all in all really but I think it's gonna be a personal thing on how your react to tesst/propecia. The ? I always was curious about was.......

what would be worse on the hairline, a nandrolone only cycle(say deca didn't give me deca dick) or test with finastride/dutastride?????

IMO I would say the nandro only. If you're hair is on is on it way out then obviously your head of hairline or certain areas of your hairline are sensitive to DHT. Adding test, even though you're taking fina or duta is still convert to DHT and make its way to your hair.

The nandro would seem to be better since it would cause less DHT to be produced, in the process yielding DHN, which is much less androgenic than our friend DHT. Now that you've effectively reduced the amount of baseline DHT in your system that your hair would fall out from as is (only over a longer period of time) you are left with the task of blocking a much less potent andro DHN at the hair follicle. This can be done with a topical spiro, which in itself is a very strong anti-androgen, at the hairline instead of systemically with which comes the sides. I'm not sure about the topical spiro but I know that the oral spiro binds the ar too. Possibly the same happens only on a smaller scale with the topical version, though I've read that there is a threshold when using spiro where it becomes a waste/no increase in effectiveness after a certain point.

currently i'm on 5mg finastirde ED + minodixl 5% and test E.

Last cycle shed like hell on sustanon without finastride. Now, I'm just in week 3 of the cycle but so far everything is fine. Hair amount seems the same as i begun. It actually is working, so it seems :)

No reduced sexdrive so far, quite the opposite but I'm not in those 2% kind of people who react badly on finastride.

Try finiastride before your cycle to see if you experience any bad sides, if not then cycle with it.

a-10 so u think that spiro is actually pretty affective? as u know i use it just curious of others opinions.

whe have talked about this but i forgot how well u thought finastride added to this would work?

A-10 said:
The upside to this is that in most studies around 1-2% at most experienced the sides.

I realize those are the percentages that Merck's studies came up with, but from talking with an objective doctor or two concerning the subject, I'd contend that in reality those numbers are atleast double, if not triple (somewhere around 5% or so).

Still a small percentage, and it's definitely in one's best interest to atleast try finasteride if prone to MPB. I currently use dutasteride three times per week and have done so for the past six months. I've definitely noticed positive changes in overall thickness, texture, and quality of my hair.

Thes best thing I added was nizoral and spiro mix, Dut and Fin which I'm on mainly slowed the hairloss...everyone is diff I've seen some peopel who have started dut only and suddenly grow everything back...although thats rare...everyone is different the only way to be sure of anything is to try certain steroids and see how bad they are for you....but one thing you can do is take every single med possible to try and slow the progress, attack it from every angle possible...this is what I'm doing and I have a full head of hair :D..my bro/dad is a cue balls and I was well onto my way joining them...not anymore :D

simpllyhuge said:
a-10 so u think that spiro is actually pretty affective? as u know i use it just curious of others opinions.

whe have talked about this but i forgot how well u thought finastride added to this would work?

Well the finasteride + ORAL spiro is actually a very good combo since their synergistic when used together, the fina taking out the type 2 5ar and the spiro binding up the ar. I'm not sure if the topical would have the same effects or not. I think adding finasteride would be a good idea depending on what kind of cycle you were going to run. If anything I think it'll be dutasteride for me because i get prostate problems it seems with tren and other shit that makes busting nuts a mission, lol. I tried some Duta and within a week it went away which was nice, another added bonus to buy some again despite the steep price.

HeHateMe said:
I realize those are the percentages that Merck's studies came up with, but from talking with an objective doctor or two concerning the subject, I'd contend that in reality those numbers are atleast double, if not triple (somewhere around 5% or so).

Still a small percentage, and it's definitely in one's best interest to atleast try finasteride if prone to MPB. I currently use dutasteride three times per week and have done so for the past six months. I've definitely noticed positive changes in overall thickness, texture, and quality of my hair.

Yea those are Merck numbers, I agree as you figured slightly higher real life numbers but nonetheless still low.

HeHateMe could you give me a run down of your cycles while using Duta or Fina? My next cycle is gonna be a NPP/Test cycle, thinking I may add duta to the mix, along with spiro and see how the hair goes.

i have prostate issues also. their not related to dht thou because ive always had them even at like 13. im turning 24 now. its like after i bust a nut, it feels as if their is a rubber band around the biggening of my shaft for the next i get ready for action.

why would the dut be better for prostate? i thought they work the same? i was gonna use the dut but the finastride is mad cheap. the dut i would have to throw a research chem in their but whatever ill do both.

u know i think i might be absorbing this spiro systimatically because i have notice a definate drop in sex drive.

simpllyhuge said:
i
u know i think i might be absorbing this spiro systimatically because i have notice a definate drop in sex drive.

your lucky mang, fucking demolished mine. Dut seems to be working okay so far.

does anyone have studies on how long spiro needs to be on the scalp for proper absortion?

right pumped said:
does anyone have studies on how long spiro needs to be on the scalp for proper absortion?

from what I've read roughly 50% spiro is absorbed in about an hour after you apply it. So I would assume maybe an hour or two at the least before you shower would be best, or leave it on all night.

Dr. Lee from that hair site says 5% should be left on overnight, and that the 2% spiro absobs much faster

A-10 said:
from what I've read roughly 50% spiro is absorbed in about an hour after you apply it. So I would assume maybe an hour or two at the least before you shower would be best, or leave it on all night.

Dr. Lee from that hair site says 5% should be left on overnight, and that the 2% spiro absobs much faster

exactly what i read aswell. So mixing the spiro with nizoral wouldn't be good option like lucky does

Back