Question about bicep .

MJF

WWPBBD
View attachment 561000

Let's see if this pic works. It's a pic I grabbed from the internet. On my right arm, I have a "bump" in between my bi and tri that's not nearly as pronounced on my left. I was searching images to see what other biceps looked like flexed and saw this one that looks like mine.

My right arm is the one that hurts all the time. Pain in shoulder, bicep, and upper forearm. When I noticed the extra bump that's not on the left arm, it made me wonder if I'm doing something wrong with the right arm. Could some movement I'm doing be causing the pain or is the pain making me compensate somehow and grow this extra bump that's not as big on the other arm?

According to my googlefu, the problem I'm suffering from seems to be brachialis tendonitis and it's only in the right arm. That leads me back to the question of if I might be doing something wrong for only my right arm to hurt and have thw extra muscle so pronounced.

My left arm and my right arm are not the exact same. They even grow at different rate (just a little) and my left bi doesn't have the same look or peak.

Also the movement mechanics is a bit different with my elbows doing curls and also push downs for tri's. So yes you may be doing a bit of a little different movement. Your strength difference between the two sides L & R will also affect growth and pain.

I see yours is pronounced to see the least.

That's not me. I wish that was me but it's a pic i found that shows what I'm referring to. My "bump" really wouldn't comr out in a pic where you could tell what i was talking about, but with a good pump to both arms this morning, I could tell a difference.

I need to pay attention. I'm pretty sure my left tri is stronger but haven't paid much attention to bi's. Either my left tri is stronger or the exercises this morning felt easier on left arm because of the pain on my right side.

Have you worked in a trade as a mechanic, electrician, carpenter, etc.. ?

No. I'm an instrument tech. We're the pansies of the refinery. I used to turn wrenches for fun on my own crap but don't enjoy it like I used to. I'll pick up a project every once and a while but don't do a ton of wrenching any more.

Honestly, if I remember correctly, I started with a pain in my shoulder and had to baby it for a long time. Then pain migrated to the brachial tendonitis area, bottom of bicep and top of forearm. It hurt so bad I gave up hammer curls for at least the last 6 months. At some point in there I developed serious pain in my right elbow too. Couldn't do skull crushers forever. Then the shoulder quit for a while until about a month ago when I tried to max out bench and tweaked something.

I guess I'm actually quite a mess. At least on the right side.

Back