Question about switching to subQ trt injections

Gossamer

I'm wondering if switching from IM to SubQ injections would benefit me.

Here's a little background:
Inject 80mg cypionate IM twice a week, for basically the last 3 years. Take 1/4 mg of anastrozole, about 24 hours post injection, twice a week. This has kept my E2 in good range, and my total T has been in the 600's at trough.

Would I benefit from injecting the same dose(twice/week) SubQ, instead of IM?

Would I still need anastrozole?

Anyone with similar experience, please help.

Thanks

.4ml is more than I personally would want to inject subq. I would suggest injecting more frequently if you are going to do that.

Yeah that's for sure 4ml is a big subq injection that would leave a lump the size of a grape post injection

I found great benefit from dosing subq TRT (~50-60mg cyp e4d). Not only do the subcutaneous injections give the body a break from intrusive IM administration (which often lead to scar tissue challenges over the long haul), but I find the anti-estrogen medicines can be dosed less often. Only problem I have recently run into is that my favorite 27g 1/2" 1mL slin pin has been discontinued (thanks Terumo).

I found great benefit from dosing subq TRT (~50-60mg cyp e4d). Not only do the subcutaneous injections give the body a break from intrusive IM administration (which often lead to scar tissue challenges over the long haul), but I find the anti-estrogen medicines can be dosed less often. Only problem I have recently run into is that my favorite 27g 1/2" 1mL slin pin has been discontinued (thanks Terumo).
What was your protocol for injecting IM, before you switched to SubQ e4d? Was it the same dose e4d, only difference being IM? And, as others have suggested, was 50-60 mg too much to inject subQ?

You can get scar tissue from subq injections. Just ask any diabetic on insulin.

BD305536. Google it. State surgical supply for $2.76 for tray for 25. Legal purchases so I assume I can't put this here.

I don't like big needles. The smaller the better. I use a 27 gauge 1/2 inch needle in my lower thigh. Not sure if this is shallow IM or SC, but it works.

I inject 80 mg (0.4cc) e4d. That keeps my total test at about 1200 ng/dL trough. That is higher than most people recommend, but it seems to work for me. HCT remains in middle of range, Blood pressure remains at about 70/120, HDL remains about 50.

I don't like big needles. The smaller the better. I use a 27 gauge 1/2 inch needle in my lower thigh. Not sure if this is shallow IM or SC, but it works.

I inject 80 mg (0.4cc) e4d. That keeps my total test at about 1200 ng/dL trough. That is higher than most people recommend, but it seems to work for me. HCT remains in middle of range, Blood pressure remains at about 70/120, HDL remains about 50.

hows it going with this?

It's going great. Strength and stamina much better than before TRT. Physique is the best its ever been in my life. Libido is excellent.

I also doing SC injections and have no problems with scars or so.
If you like to inject more, so you can do it in several places at same time... its enough space available, in opposition to the muscles. ;)
A little bit belly fat is not a disadvantage in this case. :D
Could be you will feel it longer, if you don't have any fat under the skin, but what I've read this will heal very good over time in in opposition to IM injections, scares on muscles will you have forever.

I have been on TRT since May last yer with great success. I've received the first shot (1CC 200mg/ml) in the Dr office and decided this is not the way to go. Ever since I do 60mg (0.3CC) every Monday morning/Thursday evening using BD 26G x 3/8 needle. I administer QubQ only! Painless, no limp in injection side. Since TRT start, I had two blood tests (24H post injection after 12H fasting) and both times T levels are very close to top of the reference range, hence consistency...

I know everybody is different, but I would highly recommend this (SubQ) method with follow-up blood testing to evaluate the effectiveness for your specific case.

Drago

Last edited:
Where do you inject SubQ? Any helpful links how to get going with this? I would like to switch from IM injections..
Thank you

Here is the link to the video I used to educate myself *******8Currently, my body fat is around 12.5% and so, I use the location shown at the ned of the video.

Drao

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is the link to the video I used to educate myself *******8Currently, my body fat is around 12.5% and so, I use the location shown at the ned of the video.

Drao

you better find someone else to learn from Dragot, that guy lost his license.

Last edited:
Back