[Question] Frequent Urination & Hypogonadism

checkdishitout

Hello, to give a little info about myself, I am currently 6'1 at 200lb, 28y/o. I had blood work done back in the beginning of March and my levels were 2120.8 Test, and >50 Free test. ALT was 47 and creatine was a bit high but nothing uncommon. I ran 2 cycles back to back, with no breaks, which I am now regretting. Here was the layout:

Cycle:
Week 1-6: 1ml (250mg) Gonadon Sust. 1 pin a week, Stacked with 50mg of Iranian Anadrol ED (first 6 weeks)
Week 7-12: 2ml (500mg) Gonadon Sust. 1 pin a week

Week 12-15: 1ml (250mg) Test E & .5ml Tri-Tren , pin twice a week
Week 15-25: 1ml (250mg) Test E & 1ml Tri-Tren, pin twice a week

Ran Pharmagrade HCG the whole 6 months stacked above, 500iu once weekly.

PCT:
Clomid/Nolvadex/Adex - 50/20/1mg ED Week 1
Clomid/Nolvadex/Adex - 25/20/.5mg ED Week 2
Nolva - 10mg ED Week 3,4

Diagnoses:
Anxiety/Panic
Hypogonadism
OAB (Overactive Bladder)

I have no blood in the urine, no pain, no discomfort, no back pain, prostate is normal PSA 0.3 and other ranges normal, Pituitary normal (ACTH, no head aches, no vision impairment)

Prescription Medication:
Lexapro 10mg ED
Clomiphene Citrate Tablet 25mg ED
VesiCare 5mg ED

Lab results:
Low Total Testosterone
Low Bioavailability Testosterone
Low Dihydrotestosterone (DHT)
Low Estradiol (E2)
Low FSH
Low LH
Low Vitamin D

Tests:
Colonoscopy - Found 1 Polyp, benign.
Abdominal ultrasound - Everything looked normal

Supplements:
Vitamin D3 10,000iu - once everyday with meal in the morning

Ruled out:
Diabetes Insipidus
Diabetes
UTI
BPH
Prostate
Epididymis
Pituitary
Hepatitis
STD (All)
No infections

(Cannot really rule out Kidneys and Liver 100% since no CT, MRI, X-ray was conducted, labs show organs as normal, and Abdominal ultrasound showed no enlargement)

Currently my doctor is allowing me to run a course of Clomid as a form of mono-therapy for TRT. I will be cycling only Clomid for 3 months, and lab work done every 3 weeks. My main concern is my frequent urination. To get an idea, I was 235lb back in April, I now weigh 196-200lb, yeah it sucks... Sometimes I am dehydrated by the amount I urinate. I have no difficulties urinating, and only get up once to go at night. I am attaching my labs below (all personal information has been redact in PDF), I greatly appreciate any feedback and I also had some questions.

Can Low T cause frequent urination, if yes, do you have a article/research about it?
How long does the body take to stabilize naturally coming off Testosterone?
Do I need to run a weeks work of AI tappering of Clomid? (Estrogen Receptors?)
Is there anything I can do besides Kegels to improve OAB?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for sharing and hope you get the assistance you need here, and whatever you do keep drinking your ration of water and even up it if you can to make up for all that you pee out. stay hydrated and your glucose levels on the up and up.

thanks for sharing and hope you get the assistance you need here, and whatever you do keep drinking your ration of water and even up it if you can to make up for all that you pee out. stay hydrated and your glucose levels on the up and up.

Thanks man, yeah I try my best to stay hydrated, but sometimes I try to limit my intake since my outtake worries me. The urination definitely caused anxiety.

I'm not sure what you are looking for here - critique of your cycle? What to do now?

The cycle plan was lousy, why just 250 mg sust while you are taking the anadrol? It takes weeks for the test to build up, so you should have started with 500 mg/wk from day 1. Would have given you better test levels sooner, and more consistent levels to figure out how much AI you need.

You didn't mention AI during cycle, does that mean you didn't take any? Playing with anadrol and tren without an AI can get you in trouble quick.

The second cycle after the first? Ok whatever, sounds like you know that wasn't a good idea.

No mention of how many weeks you took off after last test & tren pin before starting PCT. If not long enough then you pissed your PCT away.

PCT plan is horrible, doses not high enough, not nearly long enough, and why adex during PCT. You should take the adex during cycle and in the gap between cycle and PCT then stop. If you do that and plan the gap long enough your test and estrogen going into PCT are very low and no need for adex during PCT. If you take a bunch of adex with already crashed E2 it's just going to fuck you up, and for some problems last for many months - look around there are other posts about this.

Let's assume you took 3 weeks after last test/tren pin to start PCT. If so a better plan would have been clomid 50 mg/day for 6 weeks, nolva 40 mg/day for 4 weeks then 20 mg/day last 2 weeks - total 6 weeks.

If you didn't take a gap between last test/tren and jumped right into PCT then first off it wouldn't work worth a damn, second you'd have to up your clomid dose the first couple of weeks to 150 mg/day, and again run it 6 weeks not 4 - then you might stand some kind of chance of recovering.

If you didn't do any of those things then no wonder you have no test, estrogen, LH or FSH. You didn't recover at all due to lousy cycle plan and even worse PCT.

Best thing to do right now would probably to do a decent PCT all over. Quit taking everything you are on (yes the lexapro, clomid, vesicare) except the vitamins. Up your vitamin D3 and get some K2 to go with it. Take some zinc & magnesium. After a week or so off everything run HCG 1,000 mg/day for 10 days, then run clomid 50mg/d and nolva 40 mg/day for 6 weeks. Get tested again at the end of that to see where your LH and FSH levels are, and six to eight weeks after that to see where all your levels are.

That might just jump start your HPTA, then it may take three or four months for all your levels to normalize.

I'm not sure what you are looking for here - critique of your cycle? What to do now?

The cycle plan was lousy, why just 250 mg sust while you are taking the anadrol? It takes weeks for the test to build up, so you should have started with 500 mg/wk from day 1. Would have given you better test levels sooner, and more consistent levels to figure out how much AI you need.

You didn't mention AI during cycle, does that mean you didn't take any? Playing with anadrol and tren without an AI can get you in trouble quick.

The second cycle after the first? Ok whatever, sounds like you know that wasn't a good idea.

No mention of how many weeks you took off after last test & tren pin before starting PCT. If not long enough then you pissed your PCT away.

PCT plan is horrible, doses not high enough, not nearly long enough, and why adex during PCT. You should take the adex during cycle and in the gap between cycle and PCT then stop. If you do that and plan the gap long enough your test and estrogen going into PCT are very low and no need for adex during PCT. If you take a bunch of adex with already crashed E2 it's just going to fuck you up, and for some problems last for many months - look around there are other posts about this.

Let's assume you took 3 weeks after last test/tren pin to start PCT. If so a better plan would have been clomid 50 mg/day for 6 weeks, nolva 40 mg/day for 4 weeks then 20 mg/day last 2 weeks - total 6 weeks.

If you didn't take a gap between last test/tren and jumped right into PCT then first off it wouldn't work worth a damn, second you'd have to up your clomid dose the first couple of weeks to 150 mg/day, and again run it 6 weeks not 4 - then you might stand some kind of chance of recovering.

If you didn't do any of those things then no wonder you have no test, estrogen, LH or FSH. You didn't recover at all due to lousy cycle plan and even worse PCT.

Best thing to do right now would probably to do a decent PCT all over. Quit taking everything you are on (yes the lexapro, clomid, vesicare) except the vitamins. Up your vitamin D3 and get some K2 to go with it. Take some zinc & magnesium. After a week or so off everything run HCG 1,000 mg/day for 10 days, then run clomid 50mg/d and nolva 40 mg/day for 6 weeks. Get tested again at the end of that to see where your LH and FSH levels are, and six to eight weeks after that to see where all your levels are.

That might just jump start your HPTA, then it may take three or four months for all your levels to normalize.

Thank ou for the response and input. I will definitely take your advice. Since I was in the Lexapro for over a month now I will have to tapper off that.

But I have never heard of low levels like this causing frequent urination?

UPDATE:

I finally found a doctor who will diagnose my treatment for TRT. He prescribed me Clomiphene Citrate 25mg everyday, which I have been taking for the last 2.5 months. During this process my levels for TT have increased to 427, as well as my E2/sensitive and LH & FSH. Seeing that Clomid is jump starting my natural HPTA system... I would say that I am not primary at this point, but secondary.

On the other hand, my urination issue which was my biggest concern slowed down for about a month, and then picked up again during treatment. I am still kind of confused what could be causing my urination issue, seeing repairing my crashed estrogen hasn’t improved my overall health. I have never had issues with frequent urination.

To describe the feeling, some instances I will go to the bathroom and my bladder will never be satisfied. Other cases I have a strange cramping where my prostate would be but my PSA levels are normal, and my prostate isn’t enlarged. Sometimes I always have this urge to push like if I have IBS which aggregates my bladder.

So far I have stopped my lexapro, and replaced it with 20mg of amitriptyline once at night. I was off the VesiCare for a while but decided to go back on seeing I am experiencing the same symptoms. I still take my Clomid 25mg everyday. I just recently had blood work done so I am egagered to see what has changed.

Since starting TRT I do take a leak more but ive upped my water intake. It does seem my bladder is bigger. Never ending piss sometimes but I feel empty.

Have you upped caffine?

Does your doctor know about everything you are taking? Over the counter or otherwise?

Lexapro had a side effe ct of decreased urination. Does yours match up to when you we're on It?

amitriptyline*has a side effect listed of "Change in how much or how often you urinate

Constipation,*diarrhea,*nausea,*vomiting" plus a laundry list if others.

Vesicare=
decrease in the frequency ofurination

decrease in*urine*volume

difficult, burning, or painfulurination

difficulty in passing*urine(dribbling)

fever

frequent urge to urinate

Clomid will elevate all those. It hides estrogen by taking it's spot with receptors but not activating them. Your body thinks estrogen is low and increased testoserone production so it can aromatize it into estrogen. Test, LH, FSH and estrogen will all go up.

With that cycle and PCT you may seem to by hypo but you're actually drug induced. You crashed the system and didn't restart it properly. Now it'll either restart or you'll be on a form of TRT.

Since starting TRT I do take a leak more but ive upped my water intake. It does seem my bladder is bigger. Never ending piss sometimes but I feel empty.

Have you upped caffine?

Does your doctor know about everything you are taking? Over the counter or otherwise?

Lexapro had a side effe ct of decreased urination. Does yours match up to when you we're on It?

amitriptyline*has a side effect listed of "Change in how much or how often you urinate

Constipation,*diarrhea,*nausea,*vomiting" plus a laundry list if others.

Vesicare=
decrease in the frequency ofurination

decrease in*urine*volume

difficult, burning, or painfulurination

difficulty in passing*urine(dribbling)

fever

frequent urge to urinate

Clomid will elevate all those. It hides estrogen by taking it's spot with receptors but not activating them. Your body thinks estrogen is low and increased testoserone production so it can aromatize it into estrogen. Test, LH, FSH and estrogen will all go up.

With that cycle and PCT you may seem to by hypo but you're actually drug induced. You crashed the system and didn't restart it properly. Now it'll either restart or you'll be on a form of TRT.

Thank you for the response!

No caffeine, no spicy food, no alcohol... I have been keeping a clean diet.

My doctor is aware of all medication I have been taking. The only thing he didn’t know was I somehow go an abscess near the rectum area but has almost done away. (which could have trigger the OAB).

I guess Lexapro could have been working? My PCP zipped my doseage to 50mg.... before I was taking 20mg prior to retiring.

I do feel contipated, and bowel movements have decreased. Stool isn’t hard but less common. I probably go every other day, including the gut pain of feeling bloated.

Vesicare 5mg i feel wasn’t working so I stopped that.

My Urologist had me drop down now to 12.5mg everyday of Clomid. Due to my recent PM lab reports TT 325, and FSH 2.3 and LH 2.5. 10/04/2017 I had higher numbers but that was an AM reading.

I do feel confident there is a chemical imbalance somewhere that is contributing to my sides. Once I actually get a copy of my recent BW I will post a screen shot.

get some soluble fiber into you and up your fiber diet to keep your bowels loose and fluid.

I picked up Metamucil, so hopefully that will correct my gut. I also have probiotics but haven’t taken them yet.

Plus side, I got an MRI order with dye and w/o so we will see exactly what is going on.

UPDATE:

So my MRI results found free fluid in the pelvis. My Bladder and prostate were unremarkable which is great news. Could this free fluid be contributing to my symptoms? Is this something to be worried about?

I am currently taking Clomid 12.5mg, Myrbetriq 25mg and Amitriptylne 50mg everyday. I feel a whole lot better with this combination.

UPDATE:

So I am still taking the same meds up above and it seems like my urination has been improving. The OAB is still sort of there but it looks like i have to go in for a lateral internal sphincterotomy for my fissure. Maybe I have been looking at this OAB the wrong way? I have herd of fissures causing bladder issues since the nerves are very intertwined down there. Maybe my fissure has been the culprit of my OAB?

Last edited:
LAST UPDATE:

So to sum up this OAB issue I had, it turned out to be a severe fissure. Apparently I had a severe fissure down to the muscle very close to the scrotum. The surgeon explained that there are a lot of nerves in that area which can trigger urination. I had a Later internal Sphinterotomy procedure done. After 2 weeks of healing i’m on no medications and my urination issue resolved itself. Hope this helps anyone maybe one day trying to find some closure with urination issues. Happy new year and thanks for the help.

Holy shit bro, this is very similar to what I have been dealing with. However i had an endoscopy and a colonoscopy. Same results as you. Didnt you say that you didnt have anything other than a Polyp (benign)? Did they miss the fissure somehow>

Is it frequent nighttime urination that's the issue? If so I go several times a night , have no prostAte issues and my PST is normal. May be just how things are going to be. It sucks .
Do you have sleep apnea or snore?

Is it frequent nighttime urination that's the issue? If so I go several times a night , have no prostAte issues and my PST is normal. May be just how things are going to be. It sucks .
Do you have sleep apnea or snore?

infection can also be a part of it. and old age with us older ologers when we hit our mid 40s and the bladder goes awal.

Back