Question on Plateau

fullypaully

When your body plateaus and you stop gaining weight, even if your diet is good could u not be able 2 gain weight because of your training ? so even if you are eating good and not gaining weight could it be of needing to change up training? or is all weight gaining issues purely becasue of diet?

hope u get what im tryin 2 ask, i suck at explaining stuff.

training and weights need to be varied to overcome plateau. WEight need to be cycled through deloading and loading cycles.

roccodart440 said:
training and weights need to be varied to overcome plateau. WEight need to be cycled through deloading and loading cycles.
i think he was refering to body wt not wts lifts..

also this may be a question more suited for the diet forum IMO.

have you gained?
youre prolly eating the same amount of cals that caused your weight gain but now its only a maintenance level of cals..

try slowly upping your cals again and see what happens

yes it is also possible that it may be your training as well

I find that most plateaus are more diet related than training, like blackbeard said, up your calories and lift heavier--that is the best way to start gaining again.

Increase your calories

If you start to plateau on your lifts, then you need to find some new exercises.

Last edited:
adidamps2 said:
i think he was refering to body wt not wts lifts..

also this may be a question more suited for the diet forum IMO.

No I meant that weigths as inthe ones you are lifting ned to be cycled ththrough loading and deloading cycles.

easto, love the avitar :) I'm so ronely, so ronely

Last edited:
try adding a tablespoon of olive oil to your shakes. i tblsp is 130 cals plus efa's. start off with 4 tablespoons a day spread out for a while and add as needed

I would start by varying your training routine. Use different exercises to shock the muscle. Also you will need to do the same with your diet. Your body is getting used to the routine. Time to change.

Thanks all for the comments

have you gained?
youre prolly eating the same amount of cals that caused your weight gain but now its only a maintenance level of cals..

try slowly upping your cals again and see what happens

yes it is also possible that it may be your training as well

yeah l have been maintaining the same weight l've changed up my training now using diffrent rep range and break time l also increased my carb intake a little, l am feeling a little bit fuller in the muslces then i usally do, lm going to stick with what im doing for afew weeks to see how it goes, if im still not gaining l'll look at my diet agian

WEight need to be cycled through deloading and loading cycles.

would this be like , if your max bench was say 300 pound u'll go back to about 250 then slowly work back up to your 300 pound lift over afew weeks like 5x5 training ?

roccodart440 said:
No I meant that weigths as inthe ones you are lifting ned to be cycled ththrough loading and deloading cycles.

easto, love the avitar :) I'm so ronely, so ronely

lol, Rocco, i was telling you he was refering to his body wt.
not trying to tell Pually what you were trying to say.

dolf said:
try adding a tablespoon of olive oil to your shakes. i tblsp is 130 cals plus efa's. start off with 4 tablespoons a day spread out for a while and add as needed

And this will accomplish what? If you want to add oil to your protein shake add grapeseed oil and/or flaxseed oil.

For me changing the reps and weight makes all difference.Diet is a part of it too.But change your workout to something totally different it will get you through a plateau.Heavy or light doesn't matter just change it up.Keep those muscle thinking.

oks i think l have lost everyone here l'll try and explain better.

say if you weigh 200pounds and eat 3000cal a day then after afew months you plateau and can no longer gain anymore weight.

if you ONLY change your workout and still eat the 3000cal a day is it possible to gain BODY weight or is the only way to gain body weight is to change up your diet

fullypaully said:
if you ONLY change your workout and still eat the 3000cal a day is it possible to gain BODY weight?

Well maybe if you learn how to burn less calories. Haha.

The real answer is no! :)

roccodart440 said:
And this will accomplish what? If you want to add oil to your protein shake add grapeseed oil and/or flaxseed oil.

rocco, this is just what dc reccomends for weight plateaus. it's just a subtle change to get extra cals in.

Back