Question on Trestolone and alleged lack of DHT conversion

Cohibabol

So I've been reading up on the drug company development of trestolone as a TRT compound and also as a firm of male contraception.

I have never used Trest not has anyone I know.

Here's my question: the researchers seem pretty confident that it can be used absent any exogenous testosterone but I read that it doesn't convert to DHT.

DHT is by no means all bad.

Wouldn't that be a potentially big issue if one were to take Trest and presumably shut down their HPTA axis?

I'm certainly no expert but I find the subject fascinating and would love the help.

I'm guessing if you shut down test and conversion to DHT, after a while you'd shut down your libido.

That's what I'm getting at. What a terrific contraceptive then!!

Ha! Probably not what they had in mind.

I suspect that male libido is a function of a healthy ratio of test, estrogen, DHT, and possibly others like prolactin.

Maybe you could take some proviron or masteron with your ment

I'm just in research mode right now but was considering the same thing.

My question was based more on the medical research direction whichis suggesting it could be used as a TRT agent alone and/or as a male contraceptive on it's own.

If this were true, I might be inclined to look at the shares of the relevant pharma company because I think the market for a reversible male contraceptive is potentially massive.

I'm always suspicious, though, when I see claims related to the long-term suitability of androgens being run with no test.

Those claims have been made with just about every synthetic androgen that's ever been marketed in the last thirty years, specifically Deca, Primo, Anadrol, Anavar and even the old Parabolan. Masteron not on this list because it was primarily a breast cancer drug if I'm not mistaken.

I try to look at things from all angles and this dynamic would suggest that the doctors, pharma companies and medical research guys have it all wrong and that the male bodybuilding community is smarter than them on the necessity of running test as the base of every cycle.

I mean, is a 12 week cycle with no test the worst thing in the world.

A lot of 1970 and early-80s BBs really only had deca, primo and dbol at their disposable. Availability of test wasn't widespread until the late-80s at the earliest and maybe even the early 90s.

Those guys appear to be pretty healthy although you never know.

I always run the test but sometimes I wonder whether it's actually necessary if I was running, say, a 19-nor and a DHT.

Then again, I also sometimes wonder whether anyone should ever run anything OTHER than just test along the logical line of Dante's Cycling for Pennies.

Longer I study this stuff, the less I think I know!!!

Those guys appear to be pretty healthy although you never know.

Yeah, seems like they are either dead at 50 +/- 2 years, or they live a normal long life.

Longer I study this stuff, the less I think I know!!!

You got that right brother, this stuff is fascinating but complicated.

Regarding not taking test while suppressed - check out the steroid tree, you can see test metabolizes into estradriol and DHT, and is in equilibrium with androstenedione. Estradiol metabolizes to Estrol and is in equilibrium with estrone. Running anything without test could hamper those other hormones and lead to unwanted effects. I'd say always better to have a TRT dose of test.

View attachment 566875

Regarding male contraception, as you know we make an astounding number of sperm - hundreds of millions per shot. You could be suppressed 99.9999% and still have enough floating around to hit an egg. I'm not sure those kind of odds will work out.

I totally agree with you which is why I find the trestolone claims so interesting, because on paper it doesn't make any sense why it would work the way they claim it does.

And totally agree on the contraceptive angle. I already have two awesome sons and not looking to have more. Would massively complicate my life and I'm looking for simplicity.

Off the the gym and then gonna get in a big omelette with fixins.

Back