questions with correct training?

CaptHowdy

I read a ton of stuff about people talking about CORRECT training and not not traning like the pros that are on tons of juice.

so i wanna know what people think of my training. I train 4 days a week.

m-chest tris abs
t-back bis
weds off
thurs off
fri shoulders abs
sat legs
sun off

i usually shoot for 4-5 exercises per body part except bis and tris because i am in strong belief that they can be easliy over trained considering ALL upper body lifts are done with the arms so i only do 3 sets for them.
I start off with my compund lifts, bench press, dead lift, seated barbell shoulder press, and the squat. I warm up two sets to get the blood flowwing stretch a little in between. Then ill add some niiiiice weight and hit my first set 3-5 reps. second set ill do 3 reps. 3rd set ill do 2reps then finally an all out blast for 1 rep on my heaviest last set. then i pryamid down.. ex. i get up to 315 bench press. then ill go down to 225 and do 10 reps slow and controlled. then ill go down to 135 and do 10 hick ups from the botom and 10 full range.

after the compound heavy lifts ill move onto the cables or dumbells for lower weight exercises but i do them really slow and controlled. I am a huge fan of negatives!! I also love 21's. i usually incorporate them into all body parts. On saturdays my leg workout is so intense its crippling.

so tell m what you guys think im open to anything and i love tryin new stuff. thanks alot.

How long have you been following that routine? Key is to not let your body know whats coming, do one workout routine for 5-6 weeks then switch it up. And it doesnt have to be major changes, even something as small as doing incline bench before flat bench will make a big difference in your workout. Or do leg curls and extensions before squats. I am also not a believer in the pyramid method. I like to do 3-4 sets with 8-12 reps depending on how long I've doing that weight. My old strength coach used to have a couple rules that I still live by in the gym; Keep it light, Do it right. And If you cant do the weight for at least 7 reps, take some off.

Everyone is different, and everyones body responds differently. But the key is to keep the muscles guessing and not to let them get into a routine.

cool thanks for the advice. i am currently cutting up. so thats why i use the pyrimid. when bulking i do exactly how you were saying. i usually do not go higher then 8 reps. as far as changing my routine. i alternate every week. like you said with switching wich bench i do first or on back days ill switch from deads to tbar row first or even barbell rows. and i started doing that a while go as a personnel preference not knowing how important it was. i just didnt want to get bored at the gym and i wanted to be well rounded and strong in all types of lifts.

From my personal experience, I cut easier when I do lower weight with higher reps. If Im trying to shred Ill typically do the same exercises but 4-5 sets with 15-20 reps and only 75-80% of the weight I usually lift.

Back