Quiting Propecia

Propecia

My Husband has been on Propecia for 1 year now with " NO SIDE EFFECTS" He stopped loosing his hair and even has new growth. He loves it.

I've talked to a lot of folks about Propecia - other PhDs, MDs, and tons of users.

Hell, after 16 years, I might be the longest continual user of the stuff around.

Of the folks with whom I've spoke who expressed that they had some side effects, the one that seems most common is gyno.

Now, I've heard that reported by 5 -7 different people in the 16 years I've used the stuff.

There is no question that this is very possible b/c I know when I started using Propecia, my total and free test levels actually went up do to the fact that the drug inhibits the conversion of test to DHT. That means that their is more test available for conversion to estrogen.

There is a valid biological process to support the occurrence of this side effect.

Now HERE IS THE BIG PICTURE, so many folks with whom I've spoke that claim side effects ARE ALSO TAKING A BUNCH OF OTHER DRUGS BESIDE PROPECIA.

Sorry for shouting that but so many people just blame this or that for whatever side effect they experience. When I talk to these folks, I eventually find out they were using Propecia, and a statin, and blood pressure meds, and anti-depressants, and smoking 2 packs a day,and drinking regularly, and using juice but they know beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was Propecia that caused the side effect!

So, I not saying that side effects are nonexistent, just that most folks attribute all kinds of stuff to Propecia b/c it is a convenient target.

I mean, all the other good crap they are putting into their body couldn't have anything to do with it at all, right?

I know this is an old thread, but I was on it for around 9 years and when I started hgh, I stopped and I kept it. Results may vary.. I plan on starting back up again for a test e only cycle..

Back