Recommendations for oestrogen reduction

AviM

I'm a frustrated 40 year old ectomorph. I'm really struggling to build muscle and was considering a course of testosterone. I'm scientifically minded so the first thing I did was went to the doctor to have some blood work done, checking testosterone, oestrogen and prostate markers.

My testosterone is already normal to high, which is great. But my oestrogen is borderline high.

I'm no longer considering injecting testosterone, I don't think it's the right thing for me, at least not right now. But I AM interested in reducing my oestrogen.

So what I'm looking for is a supplement recommendation. I think I'd prefer something which reduces oestrogen, rather than inhibits it, simply because I'd want to have another set of blood work done to verify that the oestrogen is actually going down.

Basically when it comes to these supplements with bright colours, magical herbs and promises of great results, my assumption is that they are snake oil. So I want to take something and see a measurable change in my blood oestrogen levels.

So, recommendations please.

You are correct about snake oil lol. What did your doctor have to say about your elevated levels? I would think he would prescribe you something.

You are correct about snake oil lol. What did your doctor have to say about your elevated levels? I would think he would prescribe you something.

I don't think they're "too high" from a medical perspective. It's all private medical care here, so I'm sure I could bully him into giving me medication. But I decided first to try one of the off-the-shelf-supplements. I'll take it for a period and have new bloods taken and see what the results are.

Back