• Moderate reps - moderate weight

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • High reps - light weights

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Incorporate all 3 in one workout

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK. I was going 100% on my max every week for 1 or 2 reps on bench press like an idoit and I got a shoulder injury (tendonitis). Took 5 months to go away. This happened to my other shoulder like 2 years later after doing the same stupid thing. I guess I went over a very fine line maybe.

massive said:
Right I want your opinions for the best rep range for stimulating muscle growth.

Do you prefer:
heavy weight with low reps (3 - 5)
Moderate weight with moderate reps (8 - 12)
Low weights with high reps (15 - 25)
Or to incorporate all 3 rep ranges in 1 workout

(i.e triceps)
Close grip bench 5 x 5
Skull crushers 4 x 8 - 12
Overhead rope extensions 3 x 15 - 25

This method hits the muscles fast and slow fibres, because correct me if im wrong but low rep training consists of 20%-30% muscle stimulation, moderate rep and weight consist of 15%-20% muscle stimulation and high rep training consists of a further 20%-30% muscle stimulation.

Another question would be to instead of incorporating all three rep ranges in one workout, would it be better to say do 4weeks of low rep training followed by 4weeks of high rep training and another 4weeks of moderate training

everything works, nothing always works - louie simmons.

dont forget to change the tempo as well. 30-40 second sets, with slow eccentrics, static contractions, partial reps are good to use to.

one rep up or down aint gonna make any difference.

DOnt matter if you sqauat 1x9, 1x22 or 1x11 1x20....

I do a bit of both...

1 exercise heavy (4-6 reps)
2 exercise moderate (8-12 reps)
1 exercise light (15-30 reps)

Back