ripped vs bulky look

i prefer the bulky lean look myself

im 6-2 and can be ripped(7-9%bf) @235, but i sit @ 255lbs right now with 13-16% bf. im power-lifting and bulking atm, so i dont mind the extra bf

I'm still playing with this myself. I will say that its more important how you feel in clothes and even out. I got down to 5% BF in July and currently sit around 10%. I feel good but I will say that the loss in definition in my stomach is making me want to lose 2%. I feel great but there is nothing like low BF%. But for me even though I was low I sucked down 350 grams of protein every day and felt stronger then I have ever felt.

I like to bulk for a little bit and then rip that shit up. I enjoy either, I never really get above 14% body fat though. I stay pretty lean about 8 months of the year.

I personally like being lean, because that's how I've always been. However I was dieting all summer and recently have been eating a lot of everything. Pie, ice cream, spagetti, hamburgers almost daily, chicken, hamburger helper and all that good bulky stuff.

I have completely lost my 6pack and I look pretty bulky now but thats okay. I plan to do one huge bulking cycle this winter then lean out and cut before my summer cycle which will be a lean bulk.

So Lean bulk for sure. Its nice to have your shirt fit tight so people know you workout, but It's also nice to have a 6-pack and striations in shoulders!!!

what the christ is all this lean bulk talk? If you're bulky then you're not lean... Those 2 words contradict each other...

what the christ is all this lean bulk talk? If you're bulky then you're not lean... Those 2 words contradict each other...

Not necessarily.. If you're skinny and you add muscle to your frame, you've bulked up with lean tissue, hence lean bulk. Everyone's idea of bulkiness, shredded and ripped are all relative.

Bulky but still a low enough BF to have a 4 pack and shoulder / bicep /forearm veins. Wife is not into the skinny model look. Also make sure you keep at a BF where you have a nice defined Jaw. Chicks don't dig moon face, even if you are jacked. Most of the time you have your shirt on so the combo would be defined jaw, flat stomach, arms that fill your sleeves and a solid chest.

Also remember the ladies like the tush, so keep squatting, first comment I hear from my wife is "where is your butt" if I am dieting hard and not hitting the legs.

Lean... I'm 6'3"... I look best(to me and the wife) at 225-235 15% ish... 4 pack.... veiny... obvious muscle separations... but big enough that normal people move the fuck out of my way....lol

Not necessarily.. If you're skinny and you add muscle to your frame, you've bulked up with lean tissue, hence lean bulk. Everyone's idea of bulkiness, shredded and ripped are all relative.

NO I WILL NOT MAKE OUT WITH YOU DETOUR... Jesus.. I'm on here to learn about health and fitness and all you wanna do is make out with me... :hitit:

Back