rounded shoulders

outlawtas2 said:
Military presses, Overhead DB presses, lateral raises. Heavy.

I disagree. You do not need to go heavy. I used to love doing militaries, it was my favorite, until i started doing this forum of military dumbells and literally kicks the shit out of me. PM me for more info.

Onswoll said:
I disagree. You do not need to go heavy. I used to love doing militaries, it was my favorite, until i started doing this forum of military dumbells and literally kicks the shit out of me. PM me for more info.
Top secret

The Secret:

HEAVY SHOULDER PRESSING!!!

You are not going to build big shoulder with them. Do all the lateral raises you want, but it ain't going to do shit!

Easto said:
The Secret:

You are not going to build big shoulder with them. Do all the lateral raises you want, but it ain't going to do shit!

Who said anything about doing lateral raises?

Double3 said:
Top secret

naw, i just when I wrote that, I didnt feel like writting a page paragraph on how I do my military presses. and fuck no you dont have to go heavy. Ive built amazing shoulders from scratch training light. I use 40lb and 30lb dumbells.

a powerlifter at the gym told me, doing half military presses hits the shoulders, while locking out on military press hits more on the triceps. i'm confused

If you lockout you are holding the weight up there with the strength of your tri's for the most part. If you stop just short of lockout, you keep the tension on your delts and limit tri involvement

Onswoll said:
naw, i just when I wrote that, I didnt feel like writting a page paragraph on how I do my military presses. and fuck no you dont have to go heavy. Ive built amazing shoulders from scratch training light. I use 40lb and 30lb dumbells.

So does this mean you're gonna post the Top Secret exercise or nay?

VICIOUS_BEAST said:
dont forget the rear delts...

no, oh heeelll no dont forget rears. so many people neglect their rear delts. Your rear is what gives you the big boxy look from the side. makes a HUGE difference in the way your shoulders look.

I go by feel and the mirror as I train for delts especially the rear delts, 5degrees at the wrong angle and your rear delts can start to look very odd do it right and you get a perfectly rounded side view.

I go very light and high reps for delts...the shoulder is the last thing you want to damage, once that rotator cuff is fucked kiss the gym goodbye.

Onswoll said:

As much as I hate Onswoll, I think training light and high reps really helps bring out the striations.

rtp023 said:
thanks guys you've all helped a lot, what are some ways to hit my rear delts?

Bent over dumbell rows. Find what position you like best for your grip and angle of the dumbells. The position that works for me, may not work best for you. Do these, start light high reps and build down, 4 sets. 15x, 12x, 10x, 8x....the key to this is to put your mind into your rear delt and focus on pulling with your rear delt muscle and not get into the swing of things, if you know what I mean. If not, dont start swing your arms with momentum just to get the weight up, focus. Also a key part to this excersise is the contraction at the top, if you can, hold it for a second count and squeeze. This is much easier when doing reverse flys, so if you need to, just focus on this part when you are doing that excersise. When I do reverse flys on the fly machine, I am always changing my weight up. One day training shoulders, I will go heavy, the next shoulder training day i will go light and focus more on my contraction and squeeze. You can also lay on an incline bench and do these, but I have found that it makes it to easy to cheat and start throwing momentum into it, which is taking away from you putting your mind into the muscle you are trying to train. Good luck.

Easto said:

You haven't seen that guy (I think his name is Bulldog or something?) do 120lb lateral raises? Pretty crazy.

Easto said:
The Secret:

You are not going to build big shoulder with them. Do all the lateral raises you want, but it ain't going to do shit!..........

If you lockout you are holding the weight up there with the strength of your tri's for the most part. If you stop just short of lockout, you keep the tension on your delts and limit tri involvement

Just thought I would quote Easto instead of typing t myself.

As for the light weight and lifting, it can work for some, but is not the formula for making the bulk of people out there grow. By saying "go heavy," we are not necessarily saying to go for a set of 1-2. There are lots of ways to go heavy.

I would add to the list of exercises...deadlifts and rack deads.

Back