Say BYE BYE to BD Pinz

please say it aint so

whats are the hospitals gonna use now Dr?
I think this is BS.

I know "Excel" makes good product but more expensive.

Is Teurmo going to be used at hospitals?

I never seen one that don't use B-D cannot imagine why they are going out of buisness with the market cornered.

Last edited:
went to link all I see is how improving points..

Site Map / Information Center / Market Research & Medical Affairs / New BD™ 5 Bevel Needle - Improving needle point sharpness in prefillable syringes

New BD™ 5 Bevel Needle - Improving needle point sharpness in prefillable syringes

Download the attached pdf file to access a comprehensive picture of our new needle design and of its potential benefits for patients and healthcare professionals...
Download Acrobat Reader®....

Improvement of needle point sharpness and improved injection comfort for patients remain active areas of research. The attached article - reprinted from Medical Device Technology (May 2003) - reports on the new BD™ 5 Bevel Needle for subcutaneous administration with a prefillable syringe.

This article describes the Research and Development methods that were implemented in BD's needle improvement program, as well as the clinical investigations conducted to confirm our findings. The objective of this program was to achieve improved comfort of subcutaneous injections for the patient and ease of use for the caregiver. This was to be gained through improved needle sharpness and increased resistance to damage of the needle point.

The new BD™ 5 Bevel Needle used with prefillable syringes proves to be sharper than a conventional 3 bevel needle and decreases by 25 % the force required to penetrate the patient's skin. BD™ 5 Bevel Needle also demonstrates that the five bevel needle design is more resistant to point damage than the three bevel one.

Site Map / Latest News
Latest News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New BD™ 5 Bevel Needle - Improving needle point sharpness in prefillable syringes

Improvement of needle point sharpness and improved injection comfort for patients remain active areas of research. The article - reprinted from Medical Device Technology (May 2003) - reports on the new BD™ 5 Bevel Needle for subcutaneous administration with a prefillable syringe.
This article describes the Research and Development methods that were implemented in BD's needle improvement program, as well as the clinical investigations conducted to confirm our findings. The objective of this program was to achieve improved comfort of subcutaneous injections for the patient and ease of use for the caregiver. This was to be gained through improved needle sharpness and increased resistance to damage of the needle point.

The new BD™ 5 Bevel Needle used with prefillable syringes proves to be sharper than a conventional 3 bevel needle and decreases by 25 % the force required to penetrate the patient's skin. BD™ 5 Bevel Needle also demonstrates that the five bevel needle design is more resistant to point damage than the three bevel one.

not to change subject some dude told me Excel pins were great I found a place that sold em and were like $29.00 per 100.

I never tried em but looked like very good quality pins.
Anyone evewr use Excel pins?

Back