Second abcess in the same cycle ... how do I sterilize this gear?

I don't think you can. Abscesses aren't something to play around with and two in one cycle means throw it out and try again.

toss that shit directly in the garbage. this is why i am not particularly upset about all the UG labs that got shut down. they are dangerous and dirty.

pineapple said:
Yep, toss it and make it yourself.
making it yourself means you have to buy raw materials such as powders etc.. anyone that does that after all those busts is a dumb ass..

I've never had an abcess, nor know anyone that has...

I'd say that's got to be some damn awful brew. But don't let it give all UG labs a bad name.. Cause that just not how it is, with the UG stuff I know.

Niclipse said:
What about about putting a pin in the top and heating it on a pan?

This was a bottle of EQ i just opened. It's home brew made by a former friend, but he's a moron and not the most sterile-minded chemist.

I wld throw it out but if you wanted to try and salvage it I wld add some ba then heat it just enough to get it warm and run it threw a whatman filter into a new sterile vial. Don't heat it too much or you cld damage the hormone.. you just want to make it easier to get it thru the filter. You will need a large barreled syringe like a 60cc and a caulking gun will save you a lot of pain not to mention a lot of time. If you have home brewed before you will know what i am talking about. If you trust that the gear is real and it is just a sterility problem then this will take care of it.

I like all the guys saying 'toss it out' because they know they would at least try to salvage it, especially after all the busts.

Anyways, topvega pretty much said what I would try if I wanted to salvage:

get new sterile filter
warm gear to make it more liquid (easier to push through syringe)
filter gear through sterile filter (whatman, or whatever)
I would add an incredibly minute amount of ba, otherwise it won't matter if you sterilize it, you won't be able to stand the pain of injection.

And then pray like hell on your next inject.

Btw, how did you take care of your abscess? Just drain it?

Cook it. Put a pin in the top but don't let it touch the oil. Preheat oven to 275 and then cook for 1 hour.

UG gear is fine if you have a god source.

oven cook...stuff is hard to come by these days...beware or more fakes then real these days

roccodart440 said:
Cook it. Put a pin in the top but don't let it touch the oil. Preheat oven to 275 and then cook for 1 hour.

UG gear is fine if you have a god source.

I wouldn't trust heat to sterilize the gear, plus you always run the risk of ruining the hormone itself.

I would heat it enough to make it easy to push through a sterile filter.

i have on a few occasions had a lil bit of stopper get into the vial and used the method I posted above to take care of it. If you do nothing more then re-filter it thru a .2 whatman then you will more then likely be good to go.. I never heat my homebrew to sterilize it just warm enough to suspend it and get it to go easily thru the filter. Cold sterilization is all that is needed.

TxLonghorn said:
I wouldn't trust heat to sterilize the gear, plus you always run the risk of ruining the hormone itself.

I would heat it enough to make it easy to push through a sterile filter.

They cok it to make it in the 1st place + 275 isn't really that hot. I know my gear is good and I know that is what the guy does to it after he makes it before it is sent out.

ALso some guys cook theirs every time in the microwave for 30secs or so. I have a batch crash out on me so I put it in the microwave fore a bit and kept swirling it. It went back in.

Back