Seems Like a half ass!!!

Popichulo

Alleged Fatass!
I was reading on AkMen.com about some stuff and came across this statement
"Reduce your range of motion and increase weights
Full range of motion is an absolute requirement of flexibility training, such as yoga. However, it has been proven that a full range of motion is not required to build new muscle tissue and strength. By limiting your range of motion to one half, one quarter or one eighth of a rep, you can increase the weight very substantially. That extra weight will stimulate new muscle growth. "

I just think that this is half ass and moving a weight 3in compared to a full range wont do shi for me. Comments Please

half motion half muscle being used
full motion all of muscle being used
a bs statement that should never be followed
besides using a lot weight on short range motion can hurt your joints

I think it is half-assed to do 1/4 or 1/8 reps just to impress people by using a lot of weight. If you are doing it to increase your strength for powerlifting/weightlifting it is useful to work on your weakpoints by working on parts of the movement.

there is definitely a place for limited movement reps( eg half, quarter, whatever).

Some exercises are even performed better, safer, and are more effective without the full extension( not going to lock out).

But I can't see the benefit in doing for all exercises all the time though.Maybe it just looks nice

I dont know but I laugh at fools that pile all this weight on a bar and only move it 2 inches it looks fuckin rediculous

bench press lockouts, rack deads. I am sure their are a few others, very useful for certain individuals. I do partial pulling excersises when i am finishing off an excercise, i am not sure if that is what they are talking about though.

I agree its half ass. Maybe there is a place for partial movements - in someone else's routine. Not in mine.

Trevdog said:
I agree its half ass. Maybe there is a place for partial movements - in someone else's routine. Not in mine.
DAMN right Trev Full Range of Motion or nothin !!!

Werd. I'm just a n00b and I come from a competitive swimming background, but full range of motion helps you to not only have a more "full" stature but also helps with just everyday activities. If you die-hard 1/4 or even 1/2 range fans don't buy it, take some Pilates classes. You will get ow3ned.

Yeah theres a group of meatheads in my gym they stack on 400lbs on the bench but then move it literally about 4inches - it loooks absolutly retarded

i do partials every now and then. it helps with my sticking points. most will agree. I do board presses once a month. Rack pulls every third week. Thats about the only partials i do now that i think of it. But they do help

Actually, I sometime do half reps of barbell curles. I alternate the top portion of the rep and lower portion.

There is some merit to doing partials ,getting past sticking points to inrease strength.......on certain movements .MO
1/4 squats?......I would have belted em too........lol

E-Swift25 said:
Actually, I sometime do half reps of barbell curles. I alternate the top portion of the rep and lower portion.

Well I occasionally do 21s. But that includes 7 full range reps and the end - that burn like hell.

Back