Serious Teenager question - Help making a decision on using steroids

GrownUp

This question appeals to people that may have experience with steroids as a teen or know of others that used steroids as a teenager.

I am age 18, I know people that are the same age if not younger that have taken Steroids.
Arnold Schwarzenegger took dianabol when he was 16, he is now 65 and seems healthy to me.
I have a friend that is prescribed steroids from his doctor for treatment of Asthma.
I watched an interview of a guy that claimed he injected steroids at age 16.
I know of people in my local gym that are taking steroids (even if they are doing everything wrong)
Here are pics of teens that are 100% on steroids that you may know of from around the internet.
Lorenzo Becker:
img16.imageshack.us/img16/2842/dscf5137.jpg
Alexey Lesuykov ( age 16 or 17):
3.bp.blogspot.com/_H0QxAP49jPs/TAlwbq4xHgI/AAAAAAAAAOM/FcRKuQQFvPU/s1600/AlexeyLesukov2.jpg

The fact that I know there are teens on steroids and that are getting big makes me want to take them. I don't see why on earth thousands of teens take steroids if there are "HUGE" neggative side effects... it just doesn't make sense. It makes me think someone is lying about why teens shouldn't take them.

I am interested in taking steroids because I am in love with the aspect of working out. I have researched thoroughly about steroids and I even have a cycle planned out in my head. I have been training for 3 and a half years and have good gains. I am 12.2 stone exactly and I am around 8% bodyfat mark.

So before I get flamed and you walk me through why I should NOT take them, I understand all the so called "bad" sides and I know there not that bad at all. Here they are:
Acne (no big deal, teens get this anyway!),
stunted growth (at 6ft, I doubt I will grow any taller seen as all the males in my family are around that height)
High blood pressure (I am very healthy, I know heart-attacks are prone to older people more than young people so maybe the younger you are taking steroids the less likely to get a heart attack. Also I know this is unlikely to happen because it happens in rare cases if you abuse them)
Roid Rage (proven to be a myth, but if it isn't then big deal! Naturally i'm not a dickhead so I doubt it can have a huge effect over me)
Liver Problems (Milk thistle can be used for protection of liver, this only happens when taking orals... I plan on injecting)
Sterility (Not a problem for me if I am going to take precautions to stop this example: post cycle therapy (pct). I also believe that a teen will be able to rebound quicker than a 30 year old man will because a teenagers testosterone levels are higher naturally <-- try and proove that statement not true)

I have read things and also watched documentaries on steroids. I have also researched diets of bodybuilders and also instructions on injecting myself, I plan on injecting in the deltoids .

The main risk people tend to mention to teens is the closure of growth plates, as I said I don't think my height is a problem either is my broadness, my shoulders with is 19.5" when the average is 17".
And also I know this has not been proven to happen by any endocrinologist , if there is 100% evidence of it happening please let me know. I know the endocrine system is sensitive to people but I really wouldn't mind sacrificing it for steroids and building muscle. The only thing that would make me consider not sacrificing it is if there was a serious health defect in my body that was life threatening from it.

I know its very possible for Gynocomastia to occur, but thankfully there is PCT (Nolva/Clomid)
to get rid of this. Of course its to be used with care and not sloppy.

I know of guys that inject themselves wrong too, don't aspirate or use alcohol swabs. These guys are making huge gains, I know I would take care injecting because I am paranoid if anything bad happens.

I believe that my diet is 100% btw, and I know hard work is still needed on steroids. I think the main reason people don't want teens to take steroids is because they think they will be irresponsible. Believe me, I am VERY responsible and take everything seriously, my diet/workouts are top notch.
I take protein shakes, count my calories and also eat 8-12 eggs a day with 1 yolk. I have 2 treat days during the weak which consist of Pizza, white bread and I may also have an occasional chocolate bar. I jog 1 day a week and train muscles 4 days a week (every second day mainly).

If there is ANYTHING apart from what I mentioned above that you can say to convince me not to take them I will take it into account.
I hope I am not missing out on something that is life threatening, if there is I will be happy to take it into account and quickly abandon the idea of taking steroids at age 18. I know people do stupid things when they are young, I hope you guys can guide me so I don't make silly mistakes, I have ruled out all the "bad" sides above and to be honest the ones I named out don't seem to be life threatening which leads me to think, Why not take steroids?
Thank you, please understand where i'm coming from without flaming me!

The question isn't why shouldn't you take steroids, the actual question is why do you want to take steroids? Let me answer that for you....because you, like every other 18 year old, and so many other people on this planet have the attitude of " I WANT IT, AND I WANT IT NOW!" You all have this sense of entitlement, and think you should have everything you can without paying your dues and being patient and working for it. 99% of the time when we're telling people like you they need to wait, it's not because of certain side effects or health risks, it's because your body (for a fact) has not grown yet, but more importantly YOU DO NOT ATYOUR AGE POSESS THE MENTAL CAPACITY NEEDED. You are not mature enough mentally and emotionally. That's the biggest reason. Who says just because your dad is 6 feet tall, you might not end up 6'3" or taller, would it be worth sacrificing that even if there is a chance all the theories are correct in the possibility of stunting your growth? Your ligaments and tendons are no where near where they need to be to handle the added weight increase both in body weight and the amount you're lifting, many injuries come from this. To compare thing back in Arnold's day is crazy, A LOT has changed since then and any comparison is stupid. Oh and your friend is not being prescribed a steroid for his asthma, at least not the kind we're talking about. I also think its funny you mention the risk of sterility. And say oh well with proper pct ill be fine....listen bro, there is no guarantee you won't still end up sterile. Look on this board, read about all the other guys who have done proper pct and still never recovered, and are now on Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT). Do you wanna have to stick yourself every week for the rest of your life? There are many other issues in your post that I just don't have the time to address. You sound like a smart kid, you'd be smarter to decide to work out and train like an animal till you're 23-24 try to reach your actual physical limitations, then if you still aren't happy with your results or where you're at, then try aas.

Thousands of teens? No. Many teens THINK they are taking steroids. Just like you think you're friend is on anabolic steroids when he is being administered a corticosteroid for his asthma. Fact is most teens won't know the difference from a creatine pill from a dbol pill, even though they are completely different. Now there are some teens who use, and they will be using for the rest of their life bc their natural test is completely fucked. I knew a few teens in high school who used, I'm 26 now and I can tell you, they are not pros, professional athletes or any of the such. They don't look like anything special, and their natty hormone levels are probably screwed. So what was the point? Also Arnold, Alexey, and Lorenzo are genetic freaks. DO NOT compare yourself to them, or you're going to have a very hard time realizing why you're not growing at their rate when you do decide to use. Steroids will not make you look like them, sorry. Most guys here have been using for years and are grown ass men and look nothing like any of the cats listed above at 19 yrs old. I was lucky enough to have the common sense at your age, that my body was not ready or mature enough for higher test, and I waited til I was 23. I hope you do the same bud, bc if your meant to be big, you'll get big with out the use of steroids. Steroids are just another supplement in my eye.

Also, there is much more you need to know than steroid. Your PCT is the most important part, as well as aromatase inhibitors.

Last edited:
Listen to everybody else man. Why mess with ur test when its already high? Why take steroids when you dont needs them to grow significantly? Steroids are a tool to help you get to that next level once u have already hit ur peak natrually IMO.

And the growth plate fusion theory is most likely true, but not due to aas. Ur growth plates get the signal to fuse from high levels of estrogen.

Most of those people you mentioned reached their genetic potential already, their genetic freaks all by themselves.
By taking steroids, you could permanently disable your body from maintaining itself on its own, you could put yourself in a position to be on steroids for LIFE.

Moreover, Do you work out now? Do you have good form? Do you have a spot on diet? All of this is required just the same while on gear.

Another thing, if you dont work out hard now, do you think your tendons and ligaments will be able to keep up with your muscle growth? NO they wont, because they grow and strengthen slower, FACT.

The list goes on and on...

Your probably going to do anyways but make sure your doing it for you, and not that bish down the street. make sure you have every aspect of working out down pat, because many gains are to be made with strict diet alone. GIVE it a try first, what do you have to lose?

And be realistic, your not going to see results overnight lil bro

Goodluck

VT

Well i started when i was 18, im only 20 now..but looking back i should have waited. Not so much from a side effect point of view. But the maturity ppl are speaking of. I just wasnt ready to take the step. That being said, nothing anybody could have said would have stopped me...my biggest regret is not doing enough research. The wise thing to do would be wait. But if you are going to anyway, atleast know exactly what you are doing to your body and be as safe as possible. Good luck, and dont be scared to ask questions even if you get flamed.

I agree with what everyone else has told you. At 18, your natural test levels should be sky high anyway - take advantage of that while you can...and you could seriously mess up your development (your not done developing till 23-25, if not more).

You have to consider your goals. AAS are not to be used as some shortcut, if you play this game make sure your in it for the long haul and know where you want to be in 10+ years.

P.S. Seriously consider what being on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for the rest of your life could mean, it is always a risk...

Test levels are not even high in the teen years.. They peak in the late 20s/early 30s.

The problem with using so early is psychological, not much physical if you are smart about it.

Yes... this is all a conspiracy for teens not to find out the benefits of testosterone at a young age.
Look you seem to have found out that taking steroids is an excellent idea at your age (HEY ARNOLD DID IT AT 16 HE IS 65 NOW!!!) You know what the difference is between you and Arnold tho? About 65 million dollars. He is fine because he has spent incredible amounts of money to be able to continue living normally and to reproduce thus making this lifestyle very possible. Those 2 faggots that you have posted on here will be dead by their 30s due to heart failure. I have an IFBB pro friend, just won his cards, started injecting at 16, he knows he will be dead by the age of 35, he said it out loud, he just doesn't have the cashflow to consult doctors, he just wants to live the lifestyle and die, which is a stupid life decision but it's his life.

And guess what buddy? This is your life, the fact that you write a long winded paragraph proves your immaturity towards the subject, the problems won't be physical at your age, you will probably even recuperate well, but once you have tasted steroids, you will never want to stop you better make sure that you have enough money in the bank account to support this lifestyle or psychological problems will arise. I mean why are you trying to justify to us what you want to do? Go buy them and do them, maybe you will become like your two faggot idols and people will make nice comments about your physique.

What's the rush? That's what I don't understand. You're healthy, you'll live a long time. Enjoy your teens and twenties, work hard. Hit the gear later, you've got time.

I don't see why on earth thousands of teens take steroids if there are "HUGE" neggative side effects... it just doesn't make sense. It makes me think someone is lying about why teens shouldn't take them.

yeah is DOESNT MAKE SENSE! I agree with you on that...
also why kids in high school get into heroin or crack i also dont understand.... why they will drink and drive... why they will rob and steel...
you WANT to believe what you WANT to believe and are here looking for someone to reinforce that belief you want to have,... you are not going to find it... atleast not here with peopel that have exp and medical degrees.... just some research would show you its a bad idea...

they ARE that bad for peopel not finished development (under 25imo)

You'd be surprised at how much you could gain naturally. I worked hard for two years to gain measly 15 pounds from 135-150. Then I went to college and had an unlimited meal plan. Put on 35 pounds of good solid lean mass in a year. All it took was food food and more food. My post gym meal was a shake, followed by a double cheeseburger, turkey sandwich and full order of chicken tenders. Yeah it wasn't the healthiest of meals but the fat gain was minimal. Bulk first then cut.

The dude is 6 ft 170. He is obviously at his genetic limit and the only way for him to get bigger is to go ahead and juice.

Come on guys, he doesnt even have to worry about gyno because PCT supposedly fixes that. He doesnt have have to worry about sterility either because of his PCT....

Your long winded post actually shows how little you actually know. You are not at that point.

I'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for life. Tell me how your HPTA, LH, and FSH, affect your body when you arent through your developmental stages. Now think about what happens when they stop working for a good 16 weeks.

The dude is 6 ft 170. He is obviously at his genetic limit and the only way for him to get bigger is to go ahead and juice.

Come on guys, he doesnt even have to worry about gyno because PCT supposedly fixes that. He doesnt have have to worry about sterility either because of his PCT....

Your long winded post actually shows how little you actually know. You are not at that point.

I'm on testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) for life. Tell me how your HPTA, LH, and FSH, affect your body when you arent through your developmental stages. Now think about what happens when they stop working for a good 16 weeks.

Damnit 308power, get out of my head! Totally what I was going to type. :(

OP: I think pictures will speak louder than words here:
9xf9.jpg

Torn pectoralis minor.
80vp.jpg

Torn labrum (post op)
lvui.jpg

Distal biceps tear.

These are all examples of what can happen if your body does not have the time to grow it's connective tissues properly and is forced due to accelerated muscle growth to perform harder than it can. This is just one example of why young folks shouldn't be taking AAS, especially ones that haven't put in the time (like you) into the gym to build up those connective tissues. Let puberty do its thing man, don't rush into a lifestyle that can cause serious PERMANENT damage because you're impatient.

I don't even want to delve into the HPTA issues you could potentially suffer.

My .02c :cool:

Damnit 308power, get out of my head! Totally what I was going to type. :(

OP: I think pictures will speak louder than words here:
9xf9.jpg

Torn pectoralis minor.
80vp.jpg

Torn labrum (post op)
lvui.jpg

Distal biceps tear.

These are all examples of what can happen if your body does not have the time to grow it's connective tissues properly and is forced due to accelerated muscle growth to perform harder than it can. This is just one example of why young folks shouldn't be taking AAS, especially ones that haven't put in the time (like you) into the gym to build up those connective tissues. Let puberty do its thing man, don't rush into a lifestyle that can cause serious PERMANENT damage because you're impatient.

I don't even want to delve into the HPTA issues you could potentially suffer.

My .02c :cool:

I got you bro.

Ive had those same injuries. Ironic :p .

Back