Shorter Cycles? Feedback?

J

Juice Authority

I've been hearing that this approach to doing cycles has been working for a lot of people. Anyone here experiment with something like this?

Frontload Sustanon (sust) then fina/dbol for 3 weeks

3 on/4 off for 6 months
2 on/4 off for 6 months.

Apparently there is less shutdown & quicker recovery so you continue to grow between cycles. It's also much healthier too.

Bill Roberts has said most of this. I'd expect considerably more gains at 16 weeks if the total 'on' time of 8 weeks were distributed over four 2 on / 2 off cycles rather than 8 weeks on / 8 weeks off. It's also quite likely that gains after the four brief cycles would be better than those immediately after the 8 week cycle.

2 weeks 'on' works a lot better in the long run than standard cycles based on a strong argument about the endocrine system. I can dig up more info if anyone is interested. There is a study showing the time course of responsiveness of the pituitary to LHRH as a function of duration of androgen usage. In the first 2 weeks, sensitivity actually increases. It then drops like a rock shortly thereafter. The hypothalamus is capable of quick recovery and production of LHRH at the 2 week point. The case study with "Jim" on the Meso site is one of many examples where blood tests have shown fast recovery of natural testosterone production. http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articl...se-study-01.htm

I think the main reason they are less desirable to body builders is an issue of patience. Most people don't like only putting on 4 or 5 pounds in a cycle like this, only to stop growing. The clear advantage, however, is that much less time off has to be taken in between these types of cycles because of a drastically improved recovery period. Another issue has to do with only being able to choose steroids with short half-lives. Test enanthate, sustanon, and most forms of Deca cannot be used effectively on this type of protocol.

You don't gain as much obviously, but with less shutdown you keep nearly all of it. Over the course of a year it should be a wash as far as size gain, but you do it safer and with less juice.

I would only do it if I had to take really frequent steroid tests. If I was gonna do it, I'd probably do something like this:

100mg/day Test Suspension
75mg/day Tren Suspension
50mg/day Dianabol
1 mg/day Arimidex

Everything would be run for two weeks.

Nelson style is using longer lasting compounds for 3 weeks cycles...

Realgains does 2-2.5 week cycles with fast acting compounds.

The studies were very convincing that showed the effects of sensitivity of the pituitary over time as affected by steroid use. After two weeks, it really starts to decline (@day 13). The hypothalamus is capable of quick recovery and production of LHRH at the 2 week point.

Longer acting esters like testosterone decanoate will not clear by this point. Neither will nandrolone decanoate.

For this reason, and based on 1st hand results, I really think it's true that three 2 week cycles are significantly better than two 3 week cycles. Furthermore, the shorter acting esters are suitable because their effects become manifest quickly and they are clear by the point of optimal recovery.

Last edited:
GreasyGreek said:
The studies were very convincing that showed the effects of sensitivity of the pituitary over time as affected by steroid use. After two weeks, it really starts to decline (@day 13). The hypothalamus is capable of quick recovery and production of LHRH at the 2 week point.

Longer acting esters like testosterone decanoate will not clear by this point. Neither will nandrolone decanoate.

For this reason, and based on 1st hand results, I really think it's true that three 2 week cycles are significantly better than two 3 week cycles. Furthermore, the shorter acting esters are suitable because their effects become manifest quickly and they are clear by the point of optimal recovery.

What about Tren? Tren begins to inhibit natural T production within hours, not days. You may recover more quickly from a short cycle, but your endogenous T production will still be nill at the time of cessation.

Juice Authority said:
What about Tren? Tren begins to inhibit natural T production within hours, not days. You may recover more quickly from a short cycle, but your endogenous T production will still be nill at the time of cessation.

I'd rather they be "nill" for a few days than a few weeks.

Back