should I be doing cardio even when bulking?

numba1scrapper

Beast in training
NEVER EVER done cardio in my life. Always thought doing cardio would make me loose weight which is the opposite of what I want. Recently however I have noticed something... My stamina is TERRIBLE! I dont think I could run 1/8 of a mile lol. I was wondering if I did 10-15 minutes of cardio after each workout if it would help me get through my workouts easier and maybe do a few more reps in each workout? Would it make me loose weight?

Stats = 5"8, 180 pounds

Longterm goal - 220+ pounds 8-11% bodyfat

NEVER EVER done cardio in my life. Always thought doing cardio would make me loose weight which is the opposite of what I want. Recently however I have noticed something... My stamina is TERRIBLE! I dont think I could run 1/8 of a mile lol. I was wondering if I did 10-15 minutes of cardio after each workout if it would help me get through my workouts easier and maybe do a few more reps in each workout? Would it make me loose weight?

I understand you situation. story of my life. I hate running. i ride a bicycle instead. either way..cardio will burn calories. but your heart is a muscle too. if your really trying to bulk up..just run once a week to keep you calories but to also exercise your heart and lungs- so they remain healthy. and sex... thatll keep your stamina and heart good!~
however....diet is what will make the most difference though.

Last edited:
the way i see it, whats the point in having muscles and looking big, if you cant back it up with some serious speed? you dont necessarily have to run long distance, sprints will help you build muscle and keep your bulks lean.

holy shit I ran half a mile today and felt like I was going to die! lol. Got off the tredmill and my head was spinning like I was on a merry go round.

Back