Should I try to lower my test before it's tested?

PolishHammer

I'm Canadian. It's much harder to find an accommodating doctor here than in the states. But there's no cost incurred for visits. If my family doc prescribed me TRT, that'd be better than paying for it out of pocket and might be the only realistic option.

My doctor's sending me for a hormone panel.

I have a good relationship with him. Historically, he's been open to suggestion regarding treatment options (albeit, hormones have never come up). So if my results come back low, it could create some appealing legal options.

I'm considering staying up the night before the blood test (he scheduled it for 8:00 am) to lower my levels a bit.

Is that worth doing or are there too many risks?

In case it's relevant, I've never used exogenous hormones before.

The real question here is why do you want to lower your test levels to be put on trt if its not needed? Are you trying to self prescribe? Or are you just looking for cheap gear whats the situation here brother you told us fuck all

34, 180 lbs, 18%bf.

I was planning on boosting my hormones purely for aesthetic reasons. I've never used hormones before.

I went to see my doctor regarding intermittent erection (ie on for 2 mins off for 2 mins when it should just stay up). He sent me to get a hormone panel.

So this could be a huge benefit.

I'm in law school and risking a record is stupid. Legal gear would be much better. My insurance would cover it as well. There also wouldn't be any real risk of unexpected supply issues from a source.

Whatever my test is, I'd like it to be to higher than what it was during my 20s. I worked out for 14 years. Wife died a few years ago - that kicked me out of it for a few years. Now that I'm getting back into it, once I go a distance with natural gains, I'd like to have the motivating prospect of breaking new ground (i.e. Farther than where I was in my 20s). I was pretty much at my natural max then. I figure I'll need at least the amount of test I had then to hit new bests in a reasonable time. I'm also trying to minimize long term negative side effects. (Getting older sucks, it does need any extra help with that.) I'd also like to have kids one day.

Aside from the erection issue, I'm not sure I've got clinically low T. It's harder to lose weight than before. Otherwise I can't say I have any glaring signs of low T.

Google the Lemonade Diet and do that for 10 days before your test. The night before, stay up all night.

That will seriously tank your testosterone levels. One of my friends did that and came in at a blazing 180 or so and the doc immediately put him on T

You don't need gear. make sure your diet is top notch. Have you been having the erection issues since wife death. maybe counseling. I think you are already doing things that lower you testosterone in your life that you can change. How is your sleep QUALITY. How is your emotional health/stress/anger/sadness. Are you eating enough fats and antioxidants. Getting enough vit D. You want to get doctor prescribed gear so you are overlooking root causes.

34, 180 lbs, 18%bf.

I was planning on boosting my hormones purely for aesthetic reasons. I've never used hormones before.

I went to see my doctor regarding intermittent erection (ie on for 2 mins off for 2 mins when it should just stay up). He sent me to get a hormone panel.

So this could be a huge benefit.

I'm in law school and risking a record is stupid. Legal gear would be much better. My insurance would cover it as well. There also wouldn't be any real risk of unexpected supply issues from a source.

Whatever my test is, I'd like it to be to higher than what it was during my 20s. I worked out for 14 years. Wife died a few years ago - that kicked me out of it for a few years. Now that I'm getting back into it, once I go a distance with natural gains, I'd like to have the motivating prospect of breaking new ground (i.e. Farther than where I was in my 20s). I was pretty much at my natural max then. I figure I'll need at least the amount of test I had then to hit new bests in a reasonable time. I'm also trying to minimize long term negative side effects. (Getting older sucks, it does need any extra help with that.) I'd also like to have kids one day.

Aside from the erection issue, I'm not sure I've got clinically low T. It's harder to lose weight than before. Otherwise I can't say I have any glaring signs of low T.

Post up your blood work when you get it in. Getting test from the doc is going to put you in the normal range and if your test is not low your not going to benefit from TRT. If your looking to run a cycle you would need way more test then the doc is going to write the script for.

How is your diet?

Sorry to hear about your wife brother.

Post up your blood work when you get it in. Getting test from the doc is going to put you in the normal range and if your test is not low your not going to benefit from TRT. If your looking to run a cycle you would need way more test then the doc is going to write the script for.

How is your diet?

Sorry to hear about your wife brother.

Thanks.

Diet's good. I eat about 1500 cals of quality food a day.

Wouldn't a boost of X ng/dl year round have at least the same effect as a boost of 2X ng/dl for less than half the year in total (given that time off = time on + PCT)?

You don't need gear. make sure your diet is top notch. Have you been having the erection issues since wife death. maybe counseling. I think you are already doing things that lower you testosterone in your life that you can change. How is your sleep QUALITY. How is your emotional health/stress/anger/sadness. Are you eating enough fats and antioxidants. Getting enough vit D. You want to get doctor prescribed gear so you are overlooking root causes.

Diet, sleep, etc., are decent by anyone's standards. I was bitter for a while. That's totally gone now. Emotionally, I'm mostly good. A little less pumped about life than I was before, but that's no surprise. I had a life plan that got turned around and it's taken me some time to find compelling things to put my energy into. I've found them. Now I'm working on them. Getting back into the gym is one of them. That said, the gym for me had always been about breaking new ground. I was effectively maxed out naturally before (took a long time to get there too). As things are, I'm older, and so there's no reason for me to expect to break those numbers this time around (not being pessimistic, just honest with myself). If I have access to exogenous hormones, I can use them once I've been into training for a while. Knowing that I've got the option to boost my test into the high natural range is appealing: it'd give me a reason to believe that I'll break new ground down the line, which would do a lot for my motivation to naturally train to the point where I can justify using it.

Back