Doc says I need to lower my dose... Here are my test results.

Redbeard

Alright guys so been on TRT for 2 years, I take Test Cyp 1ML/wk, 5mcg/day Liothyronine, & 50mg DHEA/day.

Here are my test results.. i'm no expert on this so I was hoping I could get some feedback from some of you who are.

Doc wants to lower my test dose, or make me go longer between shots.. I definitley don't want to go longer between shots because I notice if I forgot to shoot a few days late I start feeling like shit.

Also, can someone tell me if my thyroid is working correctly or not? I feel super tired all the time, like low energy.. not sure why, was hoping this blood test would reveal why.

SGBT/ALT is almost double ranges. That's liver. Not good. I dont know the specifics, but it's not good to over do your liver long term.

Your TT is also high. Free T and estrogen levels help.

How long after your last injection were the labs taken?
How often do you do injections?
Do you do your own injections?

You were probably still pretty high on the curve then.

What are you taking for estrogen control?

The liver values ain't a good sign. I waiting for the more experienced to chime in on that.

slightly elevated transaminases may be for training or for high dose of testosterone. Do you take 1ml (250mg) per week?

Normally blood tests are done on the morning of your next shot, and before that shot. That way you are testing the lowest point you see. Doing yours 2-3 days after will give high results. Before you take any advice to lower doses you should redo the test morning of.

Going to a longer interval between shots is not a good idea at all, I'd fight that tooth & nail.

Your tests didn't include estrogen. What kind of doc would be treating somebody with a high weekly dose of testosterone and wouldn't get estrogen tested??? 250 test/wk is really quite high. Without an AI your estrogen might be too high and could make you feel less than ideal.

And for your thyroid you can't really tell much at all by TSH. It varies a lot. Generally though if it's low that doesn't point toward a problem. To get any kind of value or information you need to test for free T3 and free T4.

So I do take 1ML/wk, but it's 200mg/ml bottles, not 250. Therefore I only take 200ml/wk. Sorry, should've clarified that in my original post. I've been on TRT for 2 years now and have never been on an AI.. original doc didn't mention it.. Sounds like I need to tell the doc i'd like to retest the morning of my shot (before the shot), and ask him to test my estrogen as well. What you guys think?

So I do take 1ML/wk, but it's 200mg/ml bottles, not 250. Therefore I only take 200ml/wk. Sorry, should've clarified that in my original post. I've been on TRT for 2 years now and have never been on an AI.. original doc didn't mention it.. Sounds like I need to tell the doc i'd like to retest the morning of my shot (before the shot), and ask him to test my estrogen as well. What you guys think?

Yes. Get bloodwork the day of but before your shot if taking 200mg. Definitely check estrogen and use an AI. May also need to donate blood......check your hematocrit. Higher testosterone thickens our blood and obviously causes heart strain, fatigue, risk of heart attack and strokes. I'm sure more bros will speak up. Good look bro. Keep us updated on how you progress

never had to donate blood , but my diet differs from most.
I agree with others take bloods day of shot, before shot, or atleast just day before.
also dint train heaver right before blood work. maybe even take whole 24h off before shot.
also might need low dose AI. I dont get how Estrogen is not being addressed by doc... seems odd..

So i agree with my friends here and they have covered you. I only want to reiterate what a few have concluded and that your doc is lacking some info. Was said already and such a important note, Simple Simon as your Test rises due to exogenous testosterone so then will your estrogen.
My GP is a very good doctor and he was a little in the dark when I asked him to check my Estrodial. Talk more to him and see if he is the doctor you want to continue using.
Just a thought , my 2 cents

OMM

Went back to the doctor today, we had what almost felt like a heated discussion. He literally laughed when I suggested testing my estrogen levels and brought up
an AI. I also told him I wanted to retest my bloods since my original test was two days after the shot. He said it’s best to test middle of the week because you get an average... I’m pretty sure it’s time to get a new doctor. I’ve googled TRT doctors and there really aren’t any that specialize in it near me.. I’m in Little Rock, AR. Can someone suggest a good way to find a good doctor??

Went back to the doctor today, we had what almost felt like a heated discussion. He literally laughed when I suggested testing my estrogen levels and brought up
an AI. I also told him I wanted to retest my bloods since my original test was two days after the shot. He said it***8217;s best to test middle of the week because you get an average... I***8217;m pretty sure it***8217;s time to get a new doctor. I***8217;ve googled TRT doctors and there really aren***8217;t any that specialize in it near me.. I***8217;m in Little Rock, AR. Can someone suggest a good way to find a good doctor??

How about IMT here? Im sure they will sort you out for sure or refer you to someone who can https://increasemyt.com/contacts/
he sponsors these boards.

an AI. I also told him I wanted to retest my bloods since my original test was two days after the shot. He said it***8217;s best to test middle of the week because you get an average... I***8217;m pretty sure it***8217;s time to get a new doctor. I***8217;ve googled TRT doctors and there really aren***8217;t any that specialize in it near me.. I***8217;m in Little Rock, AR. Can someone suggest a good way to find a good doctor??

So heres the deal about your doc, or soon to be departed doc, 3rd year of Med school they teach pre-med students to laugh at whatever suggestion a patient may bring up to throw their 12 years of schooling in your face and make you feel stupid and follow whatever advice he may give you so he can keep making his payments on his 2 Villas in the south of France and another the Caymans and 2 mistresses, and exwife and the cat and dog.

Its aparent to anyone who has done a solid cycle and followed it with labs to keep on eye on their levels that you need to check your E2 levels, and perhaps need an Ai.

Personally, if I couldnt find another doc, I would use him and just get my own labs done. For the purposes of keeping my protocol with him I would just go to him for bloods right before I took my next shot.....he doesnt have to know when you took your shot. Lol :)
This is of course assuming that you do your own shots. In my case, my doc wants my blood drawn 3 days after my shot. I have adjusted this to 4 and a half days so that he sees the numbers in want him to see. He does address my estrogen, but if he didn't I would do it on my own

Personally, if I couldnt find another doc, I would use him and just get my own labs done. For the purposes of keeping my protocol with him I would just go to him for bloods right before I took my next shot.....he doesnt have to know when you took your shot. Lol :)
This is of course assuming that you do your own shots. In my case, my doc wants my blood drawn 3 days after my shot. I have adjusted this to 4 and a half days so that he sees the numbers in want him to see. He does address my estrogen, but if he didn't I would do it on my own

That's sound advice to take matters into your own hands. Educate yourself. If your doc wants to stay stupid then odds are his ego won't allow him to learn from you, so forget it. If you need to you can get blood testing for cheap, and can supplement test or AI very cheaply and effectively black market.

That's sound advice to take matters into your own hands. Educate yourself. If your doc wants to stay stupid then odds are his ego won't allow him to learn from you, so forget it. If you need to you can get blood testing for cheap, and can supplement test or AI very cheaply and effectively black market.

Good stuff, but i dont think the doc is stupid on purpose, that bama knows whats up and knows damn well how to read blood labs and knows your E2 levels are out of whack but he wants to keep you sick so you can keep on paying for his lifestyle, its common sense, arythmatic and pure unadulterated greed.

Last edited:
You guys are wonderful! So here’s what I’m thinking:

-
Lower the test to 150mg/wk

-Order my own blood panel, check my own bloods the day of shot (before shot.) I’ve ordered male hormone panel before on private md labs, which one would I order to get estrogen and everything else I need to see?

-based off of those results, I can put myself on an AI, can’t you get those on like RUI Products?

This is where I’m at on it..

You guys are wonderful! So here***8217;s what I***8217;m thinking:

-

-Order my own blood panel, check my own bloods the day of shot (before shot.) I***8217;ve ordered male hormone panel before on private md labs, which one would I order to get estrogen and everything else I need to see?

-based off of those results, I can put myself on an AI, can***8217;t you get those on like RUI Products?

This is where I***8217;m at on it..

the female panel will feature your LH, FSH, E2, FTest, Ttest and so on.

You guys are wonderful! So here***8217;s what I***8217;m thinking:

-

-Order my own blood panel, check my own bloods the day of shot (before shot.) I***8217;ve ordered male hormone panel before on private md labs, which one would I order to get estrogen and everything else I need to see?

-based off of those results, I can put myself on an AI, can***8217;t you get those on like RUI Products?

This is where I***8217;m at on it..

try another source.

Last edited:
Back