Should Texas Tech be #1

Ozzy27

Olympian Bodybuilder
I think NOT! Just because they beat a #1 team doesn't make sense to go from #6 to #1. We shall see what the polls say after the wknd. Just because Penn State didn't play a higher rated team this year , doesn't mean a team can knock them outta place. Any comments from college fans?

when i read the title i said hell no. then i read your response so no comment.. ya just because you beat a number 1 doesnt propel you that far.

in my opinion, PSU (while not as good as Texas, Florida or Texas Tech in my opinion) should not have been jumped because they were idle. An injured player should not lose their job due to injury and an idle team should not lose their ranking due to a bye week. Simple and fair.

in my opinion, PSU (while not as good as Texas, Florida or Texas Tech in my opinion) should not have been jumped because they were idle. An injured player should not lose their job due to injury and an idle team should not lose their ranking due to a bye week. Simple and fair.

Not as good??? Because they didn't play either team? Or because they had an "easy" schedule? Undefeated makes them just as good. If you watched them play they have a great team on both sides of the ball. I wish they were playing both of those teams back to back.

slojack-What are you saying?

Now that Texas Tech just got their asses handed to them by Oklahoma, the Big 12 South sure is a mess. Regardless of all this mess, I think Florida will be in the National Title Game and I think that any team will certainly have trouble matching up with them.

the national title game will definately have FLORIDA .. UT has a shot.. so long as the beat TX A@M on thanksgivin....and OU doesnt just destroy OSU.....honestly i dont care who is the HOTTER team there " sam bradford" fact is TEXAS beat OU earler this season.. so OU doesnt have a legit grip... and im tired of hearin it whining.. ill bet the farm that bob stoops would have been cryin to the BCS if rolls were reversed..i promise.... imo... and im a dat gum AGGIE fan... thats sad aint it..sheesh...

Not as good??? Because they didn't play either team? Or because they had an "easy" schedule? Undefeated makes them just as good. If you watched them play they have a great team on both sides of the ball. I wish they were playing both of those teams back to back.

slojack-What are you saying?

my opinion was formed in a subjective matter rather than an objective matter. I dont care if they are undefeated, they didnt play elite teams.

i guess hindsight proved me right, prepare to be donkey-stomped by USC in the rose bowl

Undefeated makes them just as good.

I completely disagree with this statement. I've seen many undefeated teams get their ass kicked by a team with one or more losses because the undefeated faced a minimal number of challenges throughout their season. As we saw with the non-BCS teams, an undefeated BYU team was defeated by a slightly above average Arizona squad and undefeated Boise St. was defeated by a 2-loss TCU team. Although BYU and Boise were undefeated, they did not face the same level of caliber on a regular basis as did Arizona and TCU. Undefeated doesn't mean nearly as much when your competition isn't at a high level.

Back