Simple Carbs post workout

BiggieSwolls

Steelers = SuperBowl
Can I get some good suggestions for some post-workout carbs? Ill be stopping the Plasmavol soon because it has creatine in it and I need to see just how far im progressing in this diet so far.

What kind of simple carbs and how much would be adequate in a contest diet?

I posted a very similar questuion a little while ago in the anabolic forum and the consensus seemed to be 50 g dextrose post-workout. I'm sure we'll have some different opinions though. Just my .02.

I limit myself to 25gm dextrose and 25gms protein, because I'm trying to cut a bit. If I wasn't I would double both of those amounts.

Regardless of my goals, post workout I always take 80-100 grams dextrose and 50 grams WPC. If I'm bulking or cutting I'll change everything else but not my post workout recovery.

GreasyGreek said:
Regardless of my goals, post workout I always take 80-100 grams dextrose and 50 grams WPC. If I'm bulking or cutting I'll change everything else but not my post workout recovery.

I would tend to agree that u still need the dextrose after you train regardless of whether you're dieting or not. I think that you'd be jeopardizing your muscle by not taking it in. It's so important to refuel, I would think especially when dieting.

Best postworkout drink is
40 Grams Whey Protein Hydrolysate
60 grams Maltodextran
20 grams Dextrose
8 grams BCAA's
2 grams Taurine
10-20 grams L-Glutamine
10 Grams Creatine

It helps also to do a pre work out drink of 30 grams whey Hydro and 25 grams of dextrose and maltodextran.

www.proteinfactory.com
www.proteincustomizer.com
www.beyond_a_century.com

This is some useful information, thanks everyone for the input. Does anyone know where I can get dextrose in a store in southerncal. Also if I'm dieting isnt the dextrose going to slow down my fat loss?

I've read that you can buy dextrose in pet stores. Also a store that sells brewing supplies for home brews.

My post workout drink consist of 50 grams of Maltodextrin and 60 grams of Whey Protein Concentrate.
A good place to but dextrose that I have used first hand would be www.proteinfactory.com I think they ship to Canada.

Hey Supermatin!
I just bought a 32 oz bag of dextrose by NOW-natural foods at Nutrisport in Pacific Beach San Diego for $2.00
AO

Just an update. What I have done is cut the Plasamvol intake to 1/3 of what I was taking before. I only use the stuff post workout and I am quite happy thus far.

BiggieSwolls said:
Just an update. What I have done is cut the Plasamvol intake to 1/3 of what I was taking before. I only use the stuff post workout and I am quite happy thus far.

Are you trying to cut, Biggie? Is that why the decrease in your carb intake?

Back