solid short cycles

R

rockape76

i no a few of you guys are interested in short cycles so i thought id post a few that i have run with success.....ive run long and short cycles over the years and i now stick with cycles no longer than 4-6 weeks...I'm not saying there better than the standard 8-20 weekers everyone runs but i like them and they suit my goals. why do i run short cycles ill give you my reasons.
1. my personal experiences of cycles of 12 weeks length is that i get the best results in the first 6 after this my gains slow right down regardless of whether or not i increase calories etc etc.....this is because the body up-regulates catabolic hormones about 4-6 weeks into the cycle in an effort to return the body to a state of homeostasis...
2. ancillaries are in short supply and quite expensive were i live...i require very little in the way of ancillaries on a short cycle....keeping cost down
3. on time equals off time.....i like being on and hardly want to spend 3 months waiting to do another cycle when in 4-6 weeks I'm good to go.
4. general health.....my general health indicators are a lot better on the shorter format.....on previous 12-20 weekers I've suffered high bp, bad hdl,ldl shifts etc etc.....my blood work is a lot better on the shorter format...
5. im a recreational user...i don't need to compete or be like everyone else.
6. i use cycles to overcome training plateaus ...im not in it for all out size.
7. no yo-yo effect and better post cycle lean mass retention....
8. reduced side effects...im sensitive to strong androgen's and suffer less side effects from the short cycles....(gyno,edema,acne etc etc)

short cycles are great fun and i find i can keep my intensity very high throughout the cycle and post cycle therapy (pct) getting the maximum results....when i run a 12 weeker i get tired out by week 12 i then struggle through post cycle therapy (pct) and then have
a long lag period before im back on my feet result: loss of gains......hey that's just me i no guys who have no problem on the longer cycles.....

anyway here's the cycles .....there for guys who have a few cycles under there belts and are familiar with ed injections ,short esters etc...

1. test sus /winstrol
this is one of my favourites quite painful though with the ed injections requiring frequent site rotation. it results in good mass gains and some pretty deep striations if done right.(you can substitute prop if in a pinch)

1-14 test sus 100mg ed
1-14 winstrol 50mg ed
1-28 test sus 75mg ed
1-28 winstrol 75mg ed..
i like to shoot directly into the muscle trained that day.......

2. dbol/tren/prop

1-30 prop 100mg ed
1-30 tren acetate 75mg eod
1-30 dbol 50mg ed.....

drink lots of water and have liver protection on hand.....very good cycle

3. prop/npp/dbol
1-30 test prop 100mg ed
1-30 npp 100mg eod
1-30 50 mg dbol ed....

another strong stack.....with very little bloat........................

i get away just running 20-40mg a day of nolvadex for estrogen control throughout the cycles above...i use no hcg....for post cycle therapy (pct) i run

nolvadex 40/40/20/20
aromasin 50/50/25/25......thats mg per day for four weeks......
i get bloodwork done prior /during and post cycle......mainly just the basic health indicators....cbc,cholesterol panel,thyroid,test free/bound etc..lft....
occasionally ill get more specific tests.......done as needed..................
afterall your health should be your number one concern when using any Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) or drug.......i hope this helps.............

I like those cycles and i´ll soon do a series of shortcycles myselfe but i dont think that you need so much nolva 20mg is enough and 25mg aromasin is enough because to low estrogenvalues are not good for recovery either

bmass said:
I like those cycles and i´ll soon do a series of shortcycles myselfe but i dont think that you need so much nolva 20mg is enough and 25mg aromasin is enough because to low estrogenvalues are not good for recovery either

each to there own post cycle therapy (pct) is very much a personal thing anyway what works for some doesnt work for others....in my experience when i use high androgens in the cycle especially at these dosage 25mg of aromasin doesnt cut it.......

rockape76 said:
1-14 test sus 100mg ed
1-14 winstrol 50mg ed
1-28 test sus 75mg ed
1-28 winstrol 75mg ed..
i like to shoot directly into the muscle trained that day.......

Good info.I think u meant 14-28 for the 75mg test and winstrol.

rockape76 said:
.bump for comments
Good thread rockape76!

I am over 50 y.o., and have been doing short cycles, (2-4 weeks with 4-6 weeks off), for over the past 2 years now. I have no intention of ever doing a cycle longer than 4 weeks again, and prefer cycle of only 2 weeks. I gain the health benefits of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use while minimizing their risk.

Last edited:
Very good post...as I've said in many other short cycle threads, my only concern is the shortened time the nervous system has to acclimate to the increase in strength/muscle mass induced by the aas. I'm thinking we may be able to construct a training regimen that may be able to somewhat sidestep this potential problem. My thoughts are:
1. During the short cycle, concentrate on fiber recruitment and hypertrophy. e.g. keep reps in the 10-15 range with compound and isolation movements, and utilizing set extension techniques such as drop sets, tri-sets, pre-exhaust, rest-pause etc.
2. During the off phase, concentrate on improving nervous system adaptation to heavier weights. e.g. lower rep ranges 3-6 with basic compound movements, NOT training to failure and using multiple straight sets.
Thoughts...?

I like the idea of short cycles because I also hate being off.

But doing short cycles I would have to use Prop and that shit just cripples me ; I'd never try it again. I love Test E and Tren E but you can't do short cycles with them, can you ?

VJ said:

But doing short cycles I would have to use Prop and that shit just cripples me ; I'd never try it again. I love Test E and Tren E but you can't do short cycles with them, can you ?

you can use sust. and throw in an oral.

VJ said:
I guess my question should be what's the shortest cycle long esters could be run ?
I have read of some guys using the longer esters on short cycles by front loading high doses.

Question . I started having shooting pains in my elbow that came and went and made it impossible to bend my arm. However after shaking out my arm it would usually go away. I found out I have some bone spurs from a n Xra y and they might think it might be a floater. So does doing Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) contribute , cause or in anyway lead to thi stype of problem? I was only doing 500mg of Cyp per week.

VJ said:

prop shouldn't be hurting you that bad. if its good clean prop it really shouldn't bother you too much. i've found Sustanon (sust) to be more painful in fact. i ran prop ed injects for 4 wks and had mild discomfort but not much else. as stated,one way to go about using enanthate esters in short cycles is to frontload, yet you have to take into account the 2 wk range to get in your blood and the 2 wk range to get out, so at best you are limited to an 8 weeker which is not very ideal when trying for SHIC. just my op.

Last edited:
1-30 prop 100mg ed
1-30 Tren acetate 75mg eod
1-30 dbol 50mg ed.....

this is looking like what i'm going after next time. looks like a pretty cycle, yet i'd be a first time tren user. not to hijack your thread rockape but you think that a first timer with tren would be alright with 75mg eod?

Yeah. prop fucked me up , LOL. I know it was good because I sold it to the buddy who hooked me up with it because he also had some and loved it. It didn't bother him in the least. I did try another prop after that and was the same deal , just can't do it just like I can't handle the low back problems D-bol gives me.

Thanks for the info , though. I saw this thread on short cycles and just wondered if there was a way the gear I like could be used that way. I really hate is coming off in the middle of summer ... like mid July which is what I did this year. So, now I'm doing all kinds of searches for info about longer cycles.

What I'm playing around with is doin only one cycle a year ; like mid April through August and nothing at all through fall and winter.

Deepglute said:
Good thread rockape76!

I am over 50 y.o., and have been doing short cycles, (2-4 weeks with 4-6 weeks off), for over the past 2 years now. I have no intention of ever doing a cycle longer than 4 weeks again, and prefer cycle of only 2 weeks. I gain the health benefits of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) use while minimizing their risk.

you appreciation for my thread means a lot to me....
for me the health benefits of shorter cycles could not be ignored im in my thirties and health is paramount

Deepglute said:
I have read of some guys using the longer esters on short cycles by front loading high doses.

ive run test cyp in cycles of 4 weeks....its not ideal but it does work
add an oral in front on a downramping dose to match the onset of the upramp of test and a short ester anabolic on the other end and you end up with a pretty serious 30 day cycle whilst maintaining fairly even blood plasma levels.........in my experience cyp and eth are a lot more stable and consistent than prop and suspension..............but to get the required plasma levels means shooting ed to eod with fairly large amounts of gear....due to ester weight......drop me a pm and ill outlinf a short long ester cycle i ran...

Last edited:
tommbstone said:
seems like everywhere i go people are jumping on L. Rea's ideas from his "building the perfect beast" book.

im a big fan of reas books and his ideas.....and yes some of my ideas are inspired by his work ive even run a few of his cycles.......but i was running short cycles before i ever read building the perfect beast due to what i felt were shortcomings in the old 12-20 weekers......his work just encouraged me to keep going....

Back