Some BB stuff mailed from USA to Canada by mistake. What to do?? What to do??

halfape211

Not Novice, But Not Pro
So I order some stuff from reputable supplier and have it shipped to USA address, but post office forwards it to Canadian address. Anyone know what happens now? Any Canadians have a knowledge about this problem.

If the post office made that mistake then you can call em and maybe they will get it sorted out but if its gear its a risk so becareful

If the post office made that mistake then you can call em and maybe they will get it sorted out but if its gear its a risk so becareful

I know how that in the USA, one should not go pick up gear, if notified an item is being held. Not sure how Canadian authorities handle this, specially as it is an international shipment.

If the address exists, and it shows as delivered - someone got some goodies, and I'd probably talk to the source about a reship. If they're reputable, they'll usually look at the evidence and take precautions to make sure that you get the pack.

Otherwise, I'd just wait it out and see if it gets returned to sender. Either way, I'd give the source a heads-up. ;)

My 0.02c :)

Oh, not Canadian, but I have had a similar issue before. It was EVENTUALLY sent to me.

If the address exists, and it shows as delivered - someone got some goodies, and I'd probably talk to the source about a reship. If they're reputable, they'll usually look at the evidence and take precautions to make sure that you get the pack.

Otherwise, I'd just wait it out and see if it gets returned to sender. Either way, I'd give the source a heads-up. ;)

My 0.02c :)

Oh, not Canadian, but I have had a similar issue before. It was EVENTUALLY sent to me.

Thanks bud. The difference is that my mail is currently automatically being rerouted to Canada thru Customs without proper documentation. I thought it would come directly to house. Customs will open it up to find value, and shipping documentation. My name and both addresses will be there. I'm not sure how Canadian RCMP will handle this. It is illegal to ship gear into the country. It depends on whether RCMP will want to build a case or drop it. That's why I'm looking to find someone with knowledge of how Canada handles this. I might get lucky or be in deep shit. I don't care about the gear.

Last edited:
Thanks bud. The difference is that my mail is currently automatically being rerouted to Canada thru Customs without proper documentation. I thought it would come directly to house. Customs will open it up to find value, and shipping documentation. My name and both addresses will be there. I'm not sure how Canadian RCMP will handle this. It is illegal to ship gear into the country. It depends on whether RCMP will want to build a case or drop it. That's why I'm looking to find someone with knowledge of how Canada handles this. I might get lucky or be in deep shit. I don't care about the gear.

Ouch. So does this happen with other mail correspondence? I've been told (I'm not a lawyer) that ignorance is a viable defense as long as you don't take possession and there isn't a money trail. I receive junk mail all the time without requesting it, a package of illicit items can be no different.

Maybe juced knows?

Ouch. So does this happen with other mail correspondence? I've been told (I'm not a lawyer) that ignorance is a viable defense as long as you don't take possession and there isn't a money trail. I receive junk mail all the time without requesting it, a package of illicit items can be no different.

Maybe juced knows?

let's hope someone has some first hand knowledge. :)

It could be a while Canada post sucks ass.

Brilliant :) Yes, probably so. Not sure why, as they make between $53,000 and $89,000 per year for non-management jobs. For that kind of money, they should be able to hire better qualified.

More importantly, DPR, you can stop worrying and sleep soundly tonight. I know you were pretty shook up. It was really hard on you. lol ;-) The US Post Office, in all it's glory, has found my gear and I just picked it up at the post office.

Last edited:
Back