Sound Off! Propecia Users..

Y

YellowJacket

I finally decided to fight hairloss, since mine is very minor, I figured its better to start early and attack it with several items as opposed to waiting when it got real bad. I filled my script for propecia about 6 weeks ago and Im still shedding a very small amount.... I know it takes around 3 months for ti to fully stop and around 9-12 months to see any regrowth... Im content with having it just stop....

but my question is... to those who have used it, whats your opinion on it and how dod it work (if it worked for you)?

I plan on attacking it with propecia and minoxidil. Ill be washing my hair with Nizoral Shampoo (only 1%) 5 days a week and 2 days a week with a selenium based shampoo (Head & Shoulders)...

When 'on' Ill be using topical spiro to hopefully stop all DHT conversion...

thanks in advance men...

Use Nizoral every other day mate. Dunno why but everyne says to. Maybe it dries out the hair.

Hey bro,

I´m on Propecia and have been for about 4-5 months. I can´t say that it works miracles but I´ve been on drol, test and dbol for 2 months (not more than one oral at a time) and I´ve not seen any hairloss from my part. Test at 1000mg a week for 6-7 weeks.
Have not seen any regrowth either but then again, both my brothers lost their hair in their mid 20s and they are completely bald, with that said I KNOW I will loose my hair, hopefully I´ll keep my hair a little longer than my 2 older brothers though :)

Good luck to you!

Thanks for the info. GC.... what you're doing is mainly what Im looking for... Im content with keeping the hair I have now, if I grew some back, great, but if not, no big deal.

how much hair are you guys losing on a day to day basis?

i didnt think anything of it but i recently had an ex send me some photos of a night out that we had like 4 years ago and my hair was spiked up... i dont do that now anymore... let's just say my forehead got a little bigger :mad:

but the thing is... i dont notice any hair loss on a day to day basis. maybe like 3 or 4 hairs every time i shower but that's supposed to be normal at the end of the telogen phase of hair growth... no?

RB

arby said:
how much hair are you guys losing on a day to day basis?

i didnt think anything of it but i recently had an ex send me some photos of a night out that we had like 4 years ago and my hair was spiked up... i dont do that now anymore... let's just say my forehead got a little bigger :mad:

but the thing is... i dont notice any hair loss on a day to day basis. maybe like 3 or 4 hairs every time i shower but that's supposed to be normal at the end of the telogen phase of hair growth... no?

RB

Yea, I also quit putting gel in my hair simply because you can see all the way to my scalp.... kind of sucks. I was losing a significant amount of hair after washing my hair, etc. I could just run my hand through my hair and get like 4-5 hairs at a time, without even pulling....

If you have a decent head of hair keep it short .....the less pull on your hair ie combs shampoos the less shedding you will see.
As far as precriptions goes..... propecia helped .......I switched to proscar huge difference.Get yourself a pill splitter and divide the 5mg doses into 4 .
Hope this helps

If the propecia doesnt work, Ill inevitably keep it really short.

Back