Spring Break 39 days away...

HardBody

Heres the deal, i have been around the boreds for over a year and a half now, and i know most of what i need to know. But i always need reassuring. I am leaving for the Bahama's on March 13th and i want to look somewhat decent. My diet/training has lacked the past month from exertion headaches. So, i need to drop below 200 pounds, and i way about 213 now, i was 230 last month. I have been dieting pre contest style for 3 days now, chicken,rice,sweetpotatoes,broccoli. Basically twice a week i prepare my food, i make a bunch of rice/chicken/broccoli/carrots, and i also take my flaxseed oils twice a day and my vitamins, i have been running/cardio machine 30 minutes per day. followed by a 30-40 min workout. Im in the gym in the morning mon-wed, and thur/fri at night. What am i forgetting, i want to cut down pretty quick, and i know diet is key, i have easily cut calories under 1300, drinking nothign but diet soda and water and protein shakes and eating great, feel like shit, but been there before.

What is better for cutting weight quicker...
+++Cardio Machine+++ Vs.
---jogging at 5-6mph????

fill me in.

I believe that if you are trying to lose weight quicker then jogging would be best. You will burn the most calories per unit of time than any other exercise as well as maintaining an elevated metabolism for many hours after cessation of running.

I hear that high intensity interval type cardio is supposed to be really good. Wind sprints with a 15 sec or so rest between have worked pretty well for some people so I've heard. I know a couple of guys that try to simulate this on a treadmill by doing a really high speed for a minute and then bring it down to a jog, and go back up and so on and so forth. I believe the logic behind this partucular type of training is that it keeps your herat rate up, while not sticking you on the treadmill for half an hour or more (usually you're doing this type of cardio 20 minuntes at most)

Back