SP's on/off-season log

Weight 240

Met my brother in law for a back workout in the evening, haven't trained with him in months

Tue - back

warmup - 10m LISS

one-arm DB row - about 6-7 sets total, 8 reps per arm

supinated grip lat pulldown - one warmup and four working sets of 10 reps

straight-arm rope pulldown - four sets of 12 reps

rack pull - one feeder and three heavy sets of 6 reps each

BB shrug - four sets of 12 with a 2-3 sec flex/hold at the top of every rep

cardio - 20m MISS on the stairmill

Weight 239

Was going to do legs but ran out of time with an evening commitment looming so I did chest instead

Wed - chest/abs/calves

warmup - 15m LISS

"decline" DB press - just 1x25lbs plate under each of the bottom feet on the bench so it wasn't a very severe decline...did about 5 or 6 sets of 8 reps from 60 to 140lbs DBs

incline BB press - sets of 6 this week, went up to 315 but only got 5 reps

incline DB flye - three sets, 12/10/8 reps with increasing weight

HSPL decline chest press - three sets of 8 reps...3/4/5 plates per side (wearing elbow sleeves on the heaviest set)

'ladder' pushup - just did one set, 10 on the lowest ezbar then skip one, 10 more, skipped 2 and got 10 on the last

unsupported hanging leg raise - three sets of 15
+++
superset rope crunch - 15 reps after each set of leg raises

standing calf raise - two warmup sets then 4 heavy working sets of 8-10 slow, methodical reps

Weight 234

Woke up, had some cream of rice and hit the rec centre with my friend for legs

ThuAM - legs/calves

warmup - 10m LISS

seated hamstring curl - supposed to do prone but both machines were in use...three warmup then five working sets of 15 reps with only 45sec breaks in between

highbar ATG squat - these were supposed to come after leg press but again both were busy so we did four sets of 20 reps...fucking tough to recover from those!

HSPL incline leg press - started at one plate a side and kept going until it was almost impossible so it took a long ass time, sets of 10 reps only to 3/4 lockout
+++
superset leg press calf raise - 10-12 reps after the heavier sets

seated leg extension - three sets of 8 with 3 sec flex/hold at the top of every rep and 20 partials tacked onto the final set

hack squat 1.5's - only had time for one set here but it was a killer and didn't mind that I had to bail for work at this point

I finally shaved my chest, forgive the douchey pic but I was so fucked after legs that I forgot to take an actual 'swolfie'...just wanted to see how I was progressing under the fur at roughly 10wks out

QTR4JmNl.jpg

Weight 238

Bit of a rushed workout as I had to go straight from work to the gym then met friends for a birthday dinner

Fri - arms/abs

unsupported hanging leg raise - three sets of 15
+++

rope tricep pushdown - four sets of 12, pyramiding weight up
+++
ez-bar 21's - three sets, 8/7/6 reps per 'third' respectively with slightly heavier BBs each time

ez-bar preacher curl - four sets of 12
+++
superset CGBP - one warmup and three working sets of 8

incline skullcrusher - using an ez-bar, three sets of 12
+++
superset tricep press - using the same bar, immediately after the skulcrushers did 12 tricep presses

cross-body DB curl - three sets of 12
+++
superset reverse-grip ez-bar curl - 12 reps after each set of DB curls

Weight 236

Solo workout before heading out of town for the weekend

Sat - back/abs

warmup - 15m LISS

wide/neutral-grip pulldown - eight sets, pyramiding weight up...last four or five were tough working sets in the 6-12 rep range

meadows' row - four sets of 8 reps per arm

lying DB pullover - four sets of 12
+++
superset straight-arm pulldown - used a flat bar instead of a rope with moderate weight to really help target the lats

rack pull - three sets of 8, only went up to 3 plates here since I didn't have my straps so I went slow and methodical

decline leg raise - four sets of 20

JJ4Jrh8l.jpg

Last edited:
Weight ?

Went to a cool gym in Canmore but didn't trust the scale as it said anything from 200-240 depending on where I stood

Sun - chest/delts/tris

warmup - 10m LISS

slight-incline DB press - sets of 8 pyramiding up until I couldn't get 8, then did a lighter, slow/contraction-focused final set

incline BB press - four working sets of 6 reps

cable flyes - three sets, first was 12 reps, then 10 reps with 5 partials (added weight) and then 8 reps with 10 partials (added more weight)

stretch pushup - three sets to failure

bent-over rear delt cable pull-apart - did these since there was no pec dec (weird piece of equipment to be missing, but...) for 3 sets of 20 reps

over-and-back BB press - three sets of 10/9/8 reps (losing reps due to fatigue, not on purpose)
+++
superset front DB raise - 10 reps, alternating arms on each rep

side lateral DB raise - three sets of 10 reps, with increasingly heavy DBs (35/45/50lbs)

rope tricep pushdown - three sets of 10
+++
superset overhead rope tricep extension - 10 reps after each set of pushdowns, only going to 3/4 lockout

CNU0pxcl.jpg

Weight 236

Trained at a cool gym called Bent Iron in Red Deer

Mon - legs/calves/abs

warmup - 10m LISS

prone hamstring curl - a few warmups then four working sets of 12 reps, close to failure on each
+++
superset seated hamstring curl - 8 slow reps after each set of prone curls

adductor machine - four sets of 12-15 reps

one-legged incline leg press - quite a few sets here working up to four difficult working sets of 10 reps per leg

standing calf raise - two warmup and four working sets of 10 heavy reps, slow with a hard squeeze at the top and deep stretch at the bottom

unsupported hanging leg raise - three sets of 15 reps
+++

cardio - 20m MISS (stairmill)

FjEpR1el.jpg

Weight 234

Early morning training session at the local rec centre before work

Tue - back

warmup - incline treadmill

single-arm lat pulldown - holding the non-working arm in the contracted position (difficult), did four sets of 8 reps with one arm then the other switching arms on each set

one-arm BB row - four sets of 10-12 reps

rack pull - two feeler sets then five really heavy sets of three reps each

lying DB pullover - four sets of 12

various-grip pullup - all bodyweight to failure (approximately 10 reps each time)...two sets wide/pronated, two sets medium/pronated and two sets narrow/neutral grip

Weight 237

Decent day back at work, starting to get hungry with the lower calorie intake

Hit the gym afterwards and bumped into a buddy who was training arms so I cut my shoulder workout down then did arms with him

Wed - delts/triceps/biceps

warmup - 10m LISS

rear delt/reverse pec dec - three sets of 20

side lateral DB raise - four sets, pyramiding weight up...16/12/10/8 reps per set with 20/30/40/50lbs DBs
+++
superset front BB raise - same reps after each set of side laterals with a 50lbs ez-bar

cybex shoulder press - three sets, 2/3/4 plates per side for 8 reps per set

ez-bar curl - 12/11/10/10 reps per set with 80/90/100/110lbs, strict form

HSPL preacher curl - one arm at a time, 12 reps per set for four sets again, slightly increasing the weight each time

cross-body hammer DB curl - 12 reps per arm, alternating on each rep...four sets total
+++
superset reverse-grip ez-bar curl - 12 reps after each set of hammer curls

skullcrusher - using an ez-bar again, three sets of 15
+++
superset narrow-grip tricep press - after the skullcrushers just moved the bar to mid-chest and did 15 reps of a modified CGBP

rope tricep pushdown - three sets of 12
+++
superset overhead rope tricep extension - 12 reps only to 3/4 lockout after each set of rope pushdowns

That was it for resistance training, headed over to the rec centre and met another buddy for some stair mill

cardio - 25m MISS on the stair mill

Wow this thread has been going since I've joined your a beast bro wow getting up there in weight but still looking trim good job are you currently prepping for a show?

Weight 234

Had a restless night, I think because it's getting pretty warm outside (and thus, inside) so I was up early

Went and trained legs with my friend at the rec centre before work

Thu - legs

warmup - 10m LISS

prone hamstring curl - three warmup, three straight working sets of 10 then a fourth set of 10 reps, 5 forced reps and 20 partials from the stretched position

highbar ATG squat - the command was three working sets, still adding weight but all difficult so I did sets of 8 like this:

8 x 95
8 x 185
8 x 275
8 x 315
8 x 365
7+1 x 405 (spotted)

HSPL incline leg press - three sets of 25 reps, narrow stance

smith bulgarian lunges - three sets of 10 per leg with 5 partials at the end

DB SLDL - four sets of 10, slightly increasing weight on each set

Weight 238

Friday! Finished up at work, happy to be on the motorcycle so I went for a spin then hit the gym for a solo chest session

Fri - chest/rear delts/abs

warmup - 10m LISS

rear delt/reverse pec dec - five sets, pyramiding weight up...20/16/12/10/8 reps per set, respectively

HSPL incline chest press - pyramiding weight here too, about 2 warmup and 3 working sets of 8 reps..1/2/3/3.5/4 plates per side (per set)

flat BB bench press - four sets of 10 with a 3 second pause 2-3 inches above the chest on every rep

flat pronated-grip flye - four sets of 12-15 reps

+++

cardio - 25m MISS on the stairmill

Weight 237

Woke up relatively early (for a weekend) and met friends for a workout at the rec centre

Sat - front/side delts + arms

warmup - 10m LISS

ez-bar curl - few warmup sets then five sets of 10 reps with only 10sec rests in-between sets

side lateral DB raise - four sets of 10, increasing weight on each while keeping strict form
+++
superset front DB raise - 10 reps after each set of side laterals, with slightly lower weight

hammer DB curl - both arms at the same time, did the same as the ez-bar curls with 5x10, 10 sec rests

preacher ez-bar curl - three sets of 10 with moderately heavy weight

rope pushdown - three sets of 15 to warm up the triceps mainly

tricep 'tri'-set - three rounds with moderate rest breaks in between
1. rope pushdown - 12 reps
+++
2. bench dips - 10 reps with 45lbs plate on the lap
+++
3. DB kickback - 8 reps per arm with a hard flex/squeeze a the top of each

Weight ?

Trained at goodlife with one of my leg training partners from the winter, don't trust the scales there

Sun - back

warmup - 10m LISS

various-grip chinup - wide/pronated, medium/semi-pronated and narrow/neutral for 10-12 reps each

pin-loaded, chest-supported underhand-row machine - five sets, pyramiding weight up to the full stack

wide grip/pronated pulldown - four sets of 12
+++
superset straight-arm rope pulldown - 12 reps after each set of lat pulldowns

bent-over BB row - three sets, 10 reps each with 2/2.5/3 plates per side, respectively

rack pull - since we were there anyways we did three sets of 6 with moderately heavy weight

CMygCLCl.jpg

Weight 235

Bike wouldn't start this morning which was annoying, I think there's a slow draw on the battery and since it rained sunday I hadn't started it in >24hrs :\

Trained legs at the rec centre with my friend before work

Mon - legs/calves

warmup - 10m LISS

glute kickback machine - four sets of 15 per leg, slow with a hard flex/hold at contraction on each rep

smith machine lunges - three sets of 10 per leg

adductor machine - four sets of 12, after one moderate warmup set
+++
superset prone hamstring curl - threw these in, just with moderate weight...12 reps in between each set of adductor exercises

hack squat - three sets of 10 reps with 5 sec eccentrics (ultra slow)

standing calf raise - pyramiding weight, six sets of 10 reps with a hard flex/squeeze at the top and deep/slow stretch at the bottom of every rep

cardio - will do later tonight

selfie time!

lNX9d5zm.jpg

Weight 235

Shit-tastic day at work, I felt like quitting but didn't...smoked half a pack then hit the gym afterwards

Tue - arms/abs/calves

warmup - 10m LISS

tricep rope pushdown - six sets, pyramiding weight up

unsupported hanging leg raise - interspersed these with the tricep pushdowns, four sets of 15
+++

CGBP - one warmup and three working sets, shooting for 8 reps each time but only got 5 on my top set of 315
+++
superset EZ-bar 21's - four sets, used 50/60/70/80lbs BB's

HSPL preacher curl - one arm at a time, four sets of 12, slightly increasing weight on each set
+++
superset standing calf raise - two warmup and four working sets of 12

rope pushdown - three sets of 12 with a hard lockout/flex/squeeze at the bottom of each rep (slightly lower weight this time)
+++
superset overhead rope extension - 12 reps only to 3/4 lockout after each set of pushdowns

Went home and ate because I was starving, sat and digested for a bit then went and did cardio

Last edited:
Weight 234

Slept in a bit but got my shit together and hit the rec centre with my friend before work

Might be time to add some contest drugs and try to harden up since my weight hasn't been moving drastically

Wed - chest/delts/calves

warmup - 10m LISS

incline BB press - shoulder width grip, two warmup and four working sets of 10 reps (only got 8-9 on the last two sets)
+++
superset over-and-backs - added these just to help warmup my shoulders, 10 reps between most sets

incline BB press #2 - wide grip now, same 4x10 target, missed a few reps on a few sets
+++
superset seated calf raise - four sets of 10

flat DB flye - four sets of 15 with moderate weight, focusing on contraction

cable crossover/flye - three sets of 15
+++
superset between-the-legs rope raise - for front delts, 15 reps after each set of cable flyes

cable side lateral raise - three sets of 12 per arm (one at a time) using in front, behind the back then in front again with a pause at the top

Cardio later (likely)

yY28an7l.jpg

Last edited:
Weight 236

Evening weight, felt pretty bloated by the time I finally made it to the gym after 9pm

Trained and did cardio in one fell swoop...fifth or sixth day in a row of stair mill ugh

Thu - back/rear delts/abs

warmup - 10m LISS

wide/neutral-grip pulldown - two warmup and four working sets, working sets were 12/10/8/6 reps respectively with increasing weight
+++
superset straight-arm rope pulldown - 10 reps after each working set of lat pulldowns

HSPL chest-supported row - one arm at a time, five sets of 8 reps starting at 1 and ending at 5 plates per side
+++
superset rear delt/cable pull-apart - four sets of 20

bent-over BB row - three sets of 8, 2/2.5/3 plates per side with strict form

lying DB pullover - three sets of 10 with constant tension

+++

mrwWVyQl.jpg

Weight 235

Good but quick leg day by myself at the rec centre right after work before I had to meet some people

Fri - legs

warmup - didn't have time, hit the machines with a few light warmup sets though

prone hamstring curl - 3-4 warmup sets of 8 then 3 working sets of 8, still adding weight til I hit the full stack+more on the last set

seated hamstring curl - 3 sets of 20 to really get the hamstrings extra pumped

highbar ATG squat - adding weight doing sets of 8
135 x 8
225 x 8
275 x 8
315 x 8
365 x 8
405 x 7...no spotter, MIGHT have had the eigth but I kind of pussied out (and beat myself up for it)

HSPL incline leg press - three sets of 10, 10/13/16 plates per side with narrow/med/wide stance respsectively

seated leg extension - three sets of 20 for a quad pumped

That was it, had to go on to the next activity and took the evening off of (stairmill) cardio

Last edited:
Weight 234

Woke up and realized I didn't have all that much to do today other than train, cook some chicken and do about an hour of working

So I hit the gym, drank some coffee and 'working' now...

Sat - chest/abs

warmup - 15m LISS

incline DB press - doing sets of 8, started light and went up in small increments to get a good 6-7 sets before the final set of 8x130

unsupported hanging leg raise - interspersed these with the DB pressing, did three sets of 15 reps
+++

incline BB press - four sets of 6 reps, 'explosive' concentric and slow/controlled eccentrics

HSPL decline chest press - pyramiding weight here too, 2 warmup and 2 working sets of 8 reps then a third, triple dropset that finished with partials

high cable flye - four sets of 15/12/10/8 reps with increasing weight

standing calf raise - one warmup and four working sets of 12-15 reps with the full stack+more

cardio - later on today, likely

Back