Started TRT today. Wanted Injections but got Axiron

My doctor wants me to get tested two weeks after my last injection. Isn't that the time my levels would peak and drop off drastically from there? I see what people refer to as the "roller coaster effect". Seems like I should get blood work done 30 days after injecting or even both 14 and 30 days after to be real accurate. Maybe trt is out of his element, should I ask him to refer me to an endo?

You need a new doctor badly! This protocol is going to leave you worse off than before you started TRT most likely.

There is a sticky in this TRT forum that gives an overview on TRT. You should give it a read.

ROUSH8692 - It's been a couple weeks, just wondering if you're liking the Axiron, and more importantly, are you starting to feel better?

Thanks for checking up. The first week was hell..... I didn't know what it was at first, but later found it to be anxiety.... INSANE ANXIETY... The muscles in my neck were sore like I had worked them out for days....

The second week, once I knew it was anxiety and not the world trying to attack me.... I felt better every day. Still had bouts with fatigue and brain fog, but I didn't have any heart palpitations (who knows if this was anxiety). I started to sleep a lot better for some weird reason also.

The third week to the present I began to workout again. I felt SO TIRED afterward.... Like if I hadn't slept for 24 hours tired. Can't get out of bed anymore, used to wake up at 6AM and now be lucky if I wake up at 830AM. Atleast Im sleeping through the night and not waking up at all anymore.... Before I would wake up 6-10 times a night that I knew of....

Three days ago, I had a pretty cool breakthrough. I said screw it and I tried 2 squirts (each squirt is 30mg) under each armpit (so total 4 squirts 120mg) instead of the regular prescribed dosage of 1 squirt under each armpit.

FELT AMAZING LIKE A GOD!

I had energy throughout the day. I felt tired under the energy but I could get up and actually DO MY JOB while at work, and I was pleasant to be around. I got off of work and for the first time since I can remember I felt like I was 15 years old. I felt like if I wanted to I could go to the gym and workout at night instead of just wanting to go to bed at 7pm. I was talkative, and when I was asked a complicated question, I had the patience and calm energy to think through the details and answer it WITH JOY! I also was able to go into detailed off topic analogies without forgetting what the heck I was trying to tie it back to and what point I was trying to make to begin with.

What a beautiful day that was.

I shouldn't have probably done that, but Im glad I did. For the first time in 5 years I felt like I found the answer..... I will discuss that with the Endo when I go back.

The first day I started working out, 1 day before I took the bigger dose of Axiron, I got this really bad headache after working out. I never get headaches. The next day during workout I got it again. This headache has been lingering around for 4 days already. I really don't know what the heck is causing it, but it kinda scares me..... What could this be??

I have a really good diet and drink plenty of water.

I made another appointment with the only other ENDO in town 1 week after my next appointment with my current DOC so I will discuss all of this with both of them and keep y'all posted.

Axiron is easy to use. No complaints.

I feel about 25% better under the prescribed dosage and 75% better under the double dosage I took that one day. I don't wanna get into taking more on my own because Im scared of what it may do to my E2 and what not...

I can literally get wood on demand..... My wife use to complain of lack of sex and now she cant keep up. Seriously crazy wood.... wonderful.

I really need to know WTF is up with these headaches though........ Tiny headache all day long, barely noticeable... But when I work out I get these crazy throbbing headaches like Im not breathing correctly during workouts but I am. Ive been working out like this for the past year, never had a headache.

Headache could be E2 or hematocrit related. Donate blood. And get blood work done to see where your TT and E2 are at.

Having started out on Axiron myself, I can tell you that it is extremely messy, hard to apply correctly with that applicator they give you, runs down your arm and side, and takes forever to dry. I can't say if it works or not because I couldn't stand to use it more than two weeks. I went back to Doc with those reasons and got Androgel 1.62 instead. If you are stuck with gels; I can tell you that Androgel is much better to use on a daily basis. How well gels work for you will be something only your blood test will reveal.
I go to an Endocrinologist myself, and if they see total test numbers in the 500-600 range they will be happy. My Endo (who is also a "she") recently told me to cut back injections from every 6 days to every 7 days because my total test came back at 617. My estradiol was 39.9, but if it is in the normal range then she is happy.
I get a lab order for my blood test, take it to my primary care doc for the blood draw, and have the nurse check the E2 box because I want it checked. Shouldn't be a problem and you aren't breaking their rules. I personally know multiple guys on Androgel and Axiron for years without a estrogen blood check because local urologist (and my primary doc and endo) just don't check that. You shouldn't have a problem getting it checked if you ask.
Oh Yeah, if you do get injections from your Endo, expect to start at a really low dose (like 100mg/2 weeks) and spend 6 months working your way up to a dose that works. It sucks, but in the end it is cost effective if you have insurance paying for it. If you are paying out of pocket I would call IMT for sure.

That's the problem with some endo's. They are short changing a lot of guys from "optimal" levels. Some guys don't feel a world of difference at mid range and say to heck with it and go back to natty low T.
What's wrong with 900 ng/dl ask her ?

I have had a good experience with Axiron... Was on Androgel for awhile but changed due to cost. I suggest you keep your mind open and don't discount your doctor immediately. If it is not working for you then by all means consult your doctor about it. There is a reason this stuff is so popular. Maybe not on this particular site, but it is worth a legitimate try.

Yes, drug reps offering "kickbacks" to doctors for offering samples and ultimately prescribing a hormone in a form that can be patented (read: profitable) on top of million dollar ad campaigns. Testosterone in esterfied form has been around for a very long time, yet there's a reason why you don't see ads all over the place for it - it's not nearly as profitable as you cannot patent a naturally occurring substance.

Not trying to discount your experience, but don't buy into the sales pitch that the doctor's themselves have received. I'm glad it's working for you, and it may be a great solution for some - but it definitely pales in comparison to injections for many reasons.

OP: Glad you're starting to feel better, but any doctor that refuses to offer the cheap alternative to a pushed medication is obviously looking at interests other than your own. Careful with doubling doses as you are technically "abusing" the substance by doing so, and she may yank any scripts from you. I agree with Megatron; time for a new competent doctor. ;)

My .02c :)

Yes, drug reps offering "kickbacks" to doctors for offering samples and ultimately prescribing a hormone in a form that can be patented (read: profitable) on top of million dollar ad campaigns. Testosterone in esterfied form has been around for a very long time, yet there's a reason why you don't see ads all over the place for it - it's not nearly as profitable as you cannot patent a naturally occurring substance.

Not trying to discount your experience, but don't buy into the sales pitch that the doctor's themselves have received. I'm glad it's working for you, and it may be a great solution for some - but it definitely pales in comparison to injections for many reasons.

OP: Glad you're starting to feel better, but any doctor that refuses to offer the cheap alternative to a pushed medication is obviously looking at interests other than your own. Careful with doubling doses as you are technically "abusing" the substance by doing so, and she may yank any scripts from you. I agree with Megatron; time for a new competent doctor. ;)

My .02c :)

Nice post bro. An Endo I saw asked : "have you ever taken more then prescribed by your doctor"?
wonder what was going through his head bro...lol
here's a big guy, young, wonder what the fuck caused all this.
lol

Nice post bro. An Endo I saw asked : "have you ever taken more then prescribed by your doctor"?
lol

Hey APOLLON, sorry I haven't responded to your PM. It says I am not authorized to PM for some odd reason.

lol
Yeah, I don't trust docs at all anymore. I'm sure some are really good people, but they get all silly when it comes to scheduled drugs. Man, if I had a doc ask me that, I swear I'd have Admiral Ackbar going:

u78DoQB.png

in my head. ;)

Hey APOLLON, sorry I haven't responded to your PM. It says I am not authorized to PM for some odd reason.

You need 50 posts to be able to private message other members. :)

Back