Started TRT today. Wanted Injections but got Axiron

Understand no price discussion. But on most other sites the site sponsor usually advertises their prices...

Yes when someone advertises a 1 size fits all, my spidey senses tell me to be extra cautious, just saying.

thats just great. Am so happy for them, tell them to stop calling then!!!!!!!!!

Haters_gonna_hate.gif

no not directed towards you at all. Just a bunch of clinics have been calling Todd lately, stops him from helping the real clients thats all :)

Its late I am just having some fun

no not directed towards you at all. Just a bunch of clinics have been calling Todd lately, stops him from helping the real clients thats all :)

Its late I am just having some fun

Oh Ok lol well sorry I miss understood ya man. Joke away lol

Yes call IMT they changed my life and I am now hitting my wife every which way but Sundays, oh and the gym is just beautiful again too...:)........Guys are awesome to deal with and will take really good care of you...

I have had a good experience with Axiron... Was on Androgel for awhile but changed due to cost. I suggest you keep your mind open and don't discount your doctor immediately. If it is not working for you then by all means consult your doctor about it. There is a reason this stuff is so popular. Maybe not on this particular site, but it is worth a legitimate try.

Many doctors are years behind what we know here. I've been on TRT for about 10 years and it took 4 or 5 for him to learn about HCG protocol. He first started me with creams and I really wanted injections so I just didn't use the cream. My numbers obviously didn't improve so I got injections.

ROUSH8692 - It's been a couple weeks, just wondering if you're liking the Axiron, and more importantly, are you starting to feel better?

Having started out on Axiron myself, I can tell you that it is extremely messy, hard to apply correctly with that applicator they give you, runs down your arm and side, and takes forever to dry. I can't say if it works or not because I couldn't stand to use it more than two weeks. I went back to Doc with those reasons and got Androgel 1.62 instead. If you are stuck with gels; I can tell you that Androgel is much better to use on a daily basis. How well gels work for you will be something only your blood test will reveal.
I go to an Endocrinologist myself, and if they see total test numbers in the 500-600 range they will be happy. My Endo (who is also a "she") recently told me to cut back injections from every 6 days to every 7 days because my total test came back at 617. My estradiol was 39.9, but if it is in the normal range then she is happy.
I get a lab order for my blood test, take it to my primary care doc for the blood draw, and have the nurse check the E2 box because I want it checked. Shouldn't be a problem and you aren't breaking their rules. I personally know multiple guys on Androgel and Axiron for years without a estrogen blood check because local urologist (and my primary doc and endo) just don't check that. You shouldn't have a problem getting it checked if you ask.
Oh Yeah, if you do get injections from your Endo, expect to start at a really low dose (like 100mg/2 weeks) and spend 6 months working your way up to a dose that works. It sucks, but in the end it is cost effective if you have insurance paying for it. If you are paying out of pocket I would call IMT for sure.
How old are you and what were your numbers when you started trt? I started 200mg/month a few months ago and haven't really noticed any changes yet. I'm 37 and my numbers are 3.4 free and 172 total. My test says normal range for total is 240-900 and free 9-30 who's to say what is normal for "me" with such a broad normal range. I'm getting blood work next week and I'm a little worried that if they come back in the lower normal range my doc will say good enough. Hopefully he takes how I feel into consideration and not just focusing on the numbers. My doc says he focuses on free test levels and not total, does that seem right? You say your total test is 617, what were they before you started? Do you feel a lot better? Did you ever get fee testosterone levels? If so what are they? Are you taking gel an shots? Not trying to hijack the thread just have a lot of questions and a whole lot to learn.

How old are you and what were your numbers when you started trt? I started 200mg/month a few months ago and haven't really noticed any changes yet. I'm 37 and my numbers are 3.4 free and 172 total. My test says normal range for total is 240-900 and free 9-30 who's to say what is normal for "me" with such a broad normal range. I'm getting blood work next week and I'm a little worried that if they come back in the lower normal range my doc will say good enough. Hopefully he takes how I feel into consideration and not just focusing on the numbers. My doc says he focuses on free test levels and not total, does that seem right? You say your total test is 617, what were they before you started? Do you feel a lot better? Did you ever get fee testosterone levels? If so what are they? Are you taking gel an shots? Not trying to hijack the thread just have a lot of questions and a whole lot to learn.

I'd be glad to answer any questions about my experience if it will help someone else here. Finding this board is the reason I got my T levels checked to start with and I spent about two years reading in before I ever joined, we're all still learning.
I was 42 when I when I first had my T checked. (3/16/2011)
Total Testosterone: 275 (220 - 1000)
Free Testos: 71.8 f (40 - 240) (That # isn't the typical one for the test but its what they did and it looks on the low side)
I was relieved to find low numbers at that point because I spent a year knowing something wasn't right and getting tested for everything but low testosterone.
As for your situation (and this happened to me also), you may have to struggle with months of working your way up to a reasonable dose. What worked best for me was just explaining the "roller coaster feeling" I was getting and went to more frequent injections. If you are getting 200 mgs. once a month, everybody here is going to tell you that's not going to work, and I would absolutely agree. I was on 125mg every six days and just got switched back to every 7 days because doc said I was fine on 7 days and 1 more day wouldn't make a difference. That was at a test level of 617 (348 - 1197).
To answer your specific questions; No gel now, just shots. Yes, I feel SO much better, feel better than normal. My Endo doesn't even do a free testosterone test, only total.
If you are indeed on 200 mg once a month and you wait until at least 30 day for bloodwork I don't see how you couldn't test on the very low side of the range. Don't get discouraged yet! Get your test, get a copy when you leave the office (get copies of all your tests so your new doc sees you are thorough and serious) and get a second opinion with test in hand. If you are using insurance, tell your doctor you would like to go to a Urologist or Endo.

Last edited:
My doctor wants me to get tested two weeks after my last injection. Isn't that the time my levels would peak and drop off drastically from there? I see what people refer to as the "roller coaster effect". Seems like I should get blood work done 30 days after injecting or even both 14 and 30 days after to be real accurate. Maybe trt is out of his element, should I ask him to refer me to an endo?

You would definitely be past the peak 14 days after your injection, asking for a test at 30 days is a must have for you because those last two weeks are going to suck waiting for your next shot. I had to go to my Dr. at one point during my treatment with gels and say that my testosterone level was very low. I was told there was no way I could "feel" what my levels were, so we made a bet and I got blood drawn. Test came back at 154! So, That's when I switched from Urologist to Endo and got on injections.
Definitely push for the test at your lowest point, day of injecting (but before). If your doc is comfortable with injections it could be good to stick with him and just convince him to up the frequency. A referral to an Endo would be my second choice, just get blood work in hand for evidence first. I know it sucks, but if you've felt this way for a while, you can deal with it a little longer, at least you are on the right path.
Read, and RE-read "Basic TRT Overview" by Megatron at top of page if you haven't already.
And, just a thought, lots of guys seem to have good luck with the gels, you may want to give them a try? Local urologist prescribes Androgel like candy around here...

Back