Starting my second full week-couple questions

Pi1

1) mg vs ml. Trying to read everything i can and i love data and information. But having a hard time learning from others experiences when most post in mg and i was prescribed 1ml/mth which i am taking .25 ml weekly. Can someone explain please?
2) this is the tough question and expect to get flamed. I was nervous as hell picking up my script and tho the Dr gave me a script for syringes, the pharmacist tried to do me a favor and gave me only three. One for each of the three monthly doses i was prescribed. I didn't notice until i got home and when i called the Dr office, they recommended cleaning the syringe and reusing. Sounds loke a really bad idea to me...

Most likely you are being prescribed testosterone cypionate which is in a concentration of 200mg/ml so that means each ml contains 200mg of testosterone. Unfortunately it sounds like your physician isn't very informed on trt dosing schedule to maintain a consistent blood level. So if you are taking .25ml each week that would equate to 25% of 200mg or 50mg/week. I would definitely not suggest reusing needles due to sterility issues not to mention scar tissue formation from the dulling of the needle. I would speak to your physician if you can do weekly injections to maintain minimize hormonal fluctuations so he can prescribe you more syringes.

You just need to convert mg to ml based on what your were prescribed.

Lets do an example. What if I say take an aspirin pill every day. Do you know how much aspirin you are taking? Is it a 81mg (baby aspirin)? 200mg of aspirin in the pill? Is it 100mg of aspirin?

Think of the pill being the same as ml (a measure of volume). The same size pill can have different amounts (mg) of aspirin in it.

Another example is lets say you are making a pitcher of kool-aid. The pitcher is the volume. How sweet it is going to be depends on how much sugar you pour in -- this would be the weight of the sugar (mg). Granted you could measure the sugar in volume (cups) as well but let's not go there.

By the way, sounds like your doc may have you on a really bad protocol. You may need to be proactive and advocate for your health. Have you read the Basic TRT Overview sticky thread yet?

Back