sterile vial?

Drace

Somthing I dont understand....... Ok, so the only sterile vials are the ones that come already sealed right? So when you make your brew,you can inject directly into the sealed sterile vial and VOILA. Well obviously a source would buy non sealed vials, place the oil in them, place on a top and crimp. Does this mean these vials are not sterile? How would they make sure they are sterile?

Drace said:
Somthing I dont understand....... Ok, so the only sterile vials are the ones that come already sealed right? So when you make your brew,you can inject directly into the sealed sterile vial and VOILA. Well obviously a source would buy non sealed vials, place the oil in them, place on a top and crimp. Does this mean these vials are not sterile? How would they make sure they are sterile?

The source could buy sterile vials like you do, but they have a de-crimper (basically takes the seal off in one shot without cutting).

tommy_big_guns said:
rinse with methanol...bottles and the stoppers. place in the oven till dry. good to go.

Not sure, but I believe you have to use an autoclave to get a bottle truly sterlile. And I think you would have to cook the bottle for at least 3 hours to kill bacteria in your regular stove. Viruses, I don't know, because they aren't alive to begin with. I won't even begin to list the fungi, protist, and smaller animals that can kill you if you fuck up sterilizing.

tommy_big_guns said:
a source dosen't de-crimp vials

Tommy, how do you know what a source does? Or every source for that matter? I know two guys who own labs. One has a de-crimper, and one buys vials without seals. Granted the smaller lab is the one with the de-crimper, but he is just getting started and gets a better bulk deal on his vials that way.

Regardless, that wasn't my point anyway, all I was saying is that there are different options to his question above.

Now, if I am wrong and you do in fact know every labs practices... feel free to let us know. :rolleyes:

Well it just makes me wonder how safe ug labs are. For all we know they could use little to no sterilizing methods. I think I am going to start making my own gear, this way at least I will know.

Drace said:
I think I am going to start making my own gear, this way at least I will know.

Ding, ding, ding... tell him what he's won Bob!! lol

Seriously though Drace. This is the main reason it is good to brew your own gear. You know all factors involved in what goes in and stays out.

RJH8541 said:
Ding, ding, ding... tell him what he's won Bob!! lol

Seriously though Drace. This is the main reason it is good to brew your own gear. You know all factors involved in what goes in and stays out.
Assuming you trust your raw materials source...or have everything tested.

Back