Steroid morality debate.

It's simply a phrase I wasn't familiar with. I was in no way challenging you or your beliefs or as you put it "getting into a pissing contest"

All I wanted was a simple definition but at this point I don't care anymore.

DADAWG said:
in my opinion useing steroids is only immoral if you are stealing to get them , useing your familys food or rent money , or useing them and competeing in a " drug free " competition , etc. as for just useing them its not immoral or for that matter its not anyone elses business.
thats immoral no matter if you used the money for something that was legal

morality and legality are two different things. does he think you will go to hell (or whatever religion he is equivalent)? the fact that a govt makes something illegal does not make it immoral...

Yes my friend drinks. He's no binge drinker though. I have brought this up many times. Alcohol though I do not condemn its use can be extremely dangerous when used irresponsibly. I used to work as a bouncer and witnessed this 4 or 5 nights out of the week. How many juicers have I seen get into a brawl at the gym? Zero. How many fights have I seen as a result some guy having one too many shots of Bacardi 151 and he does'nt like the shirt your wearing. Im not claiming that Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) do not make you a little more agressive however I do'nt believe they turn you into an asshole. If you already are one they just make you a bigger one. I guess he believes that steroids being the illegal substance that they are can in no way be used responsibly. However its ok to drink or eat yourself into oblivion cause its legal. He buys into alot of the common fodder the media likes to throw out there. The thing that gets me is that I know so many intelligent people that do'nt think to question it. At the same time I am probably quite ignorrant about a great many things that I have not spent the time to sit down and research.

I think steriods are less dangerious than heavy hard alcoahol use at least. Steriods are way less dangerious than habitual tobacco use. It's been confirmed that habitual tobacco use is more dangerious to alcoaholics than liquer !

Matthias1550 said:
I have a friend with whom I have debated many times over the morality of steroid use. Most times we seem to go in circles with the issue. I am not trying to convince him to use steroids nor am I trying to belittle the dangers of steroid abuse. Quite simply I am trying to educate him and get my point of view across. Does anyone here have any good literature or articles I could pass along. Any help much appreciated.

morality is based on each individual. Some will find certain things immoral while others will think its moral. Personally I don't see how steroids could be immoral.

chaos254 said:
morality is based on each individual. Some will find certain things immoral while others will think its moral. Personally I don't see how steroids could be immoral.

What you are saying is that morality can only be viewed subjectively and not objectively. Though most of our modern society will agree with you, your position is DEAD wrong.

Subjective question: What is the world's best tasting ice cream? The answer is purely subjective. For me chocolate is the best tasting ice cream, for you it might be vanilla. There is no objective truth to this question.

Objective question: What does 2 + 2 = ? This can only be answered objectively, though there are probably more than a few people who wish they could answer it subjectively, i.e. I worked 2 hours yesterday and 2 hours today therefor I should get paid for a total of 5 hours of work!

Mudge said:
A man cornered by YOUR thoughts, is going to only be more convinced he is correct. To win over someone to your side of thinking, or even be open minded, you must be somewhat passive. They will come on their own time or they wont.

Wise words...

RB

Back