steroids and broken bones

rockingchair69

About 2 months ago I had to undergo surgery to repair a non union. Basically I broke my arm in 15 places a year and a half ago and it didn't heal in one spot. So because of this I had to get a bone graph. Now the surgeon said not to take Anabolic Androgenic Steroids (AAS) or hgh because it will prevent the bone from callusing. I was wondering if there was any truth to this or if it was just BS propaganda to try and keep me off gear?

Bump for this question. I know steroids can potentially hault your growth plates, I wonder if it effects your bones in this way....

Just stay off the gear until the bone is healed, if it even does heal that is. Broken in 15 places. I cant imagine a guy training with heavy weights after that.

I could still do some light wieghts according to the doctor that and some gear and I could keep some size which would be nice. I can still squat heavy though so I could atleast have some fun

The gear has no effect on what is known as bone remodeling, that is where the osteoclast and osteoblast cells are made via you PTH gland. What you can do to help in the recovery and prevention is take what is known as a bisphosphanate, also know as either ACTONEL ( made by Procter and Gamble Pharma), and Boniva (GSK). Good luck also taking calcium and vitamin D togther is a great supplement to take for prevention.

thanks thats exactly what the answer I was looking for. So basically that was just a scare tactic by the doctor to keep me off gear?

Back