Strange Anavar Results---Male Model

flanker80b

Hi Guys,

I have been running a cycle of 50mg/ day of anavar for the past 5 weeks. I've been running a very very low dose of test just to avoid shut down from excessive oral use.

A little background. I do male fashion modeling/fitness modeling. I am more on the fashion side as I am usually to light. Off season I walk around about 6'2 180 pounds and diet down to about 165 pounds. Been an athlete my whole life and lifting with extensive knowledge for quite some time. SO despite my size my strength in the gym really surprises guys. i.e. can rep 275 on bench 7 times. Obviously, this doesn't hold a candle to most of you guys, but for my goals heavy weights aren't needed.

Anyway, back to my story. I typically run a very low dose of test almost year round, but this has never led to any weight gain. I'm talking testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) low. IT's NOTHING. I decided to use Var so that I could dial in even more for my upcoming shoots about 8 weeks out. I had no intention of weight gain as that affects my work. The Var is absolutely real based on the fact that this guy is the most possibly the most legit source around whom many of you have used in the past and has recent gone private. I am also getting the normal insane pumps, veiny look, strength gain, hardness, some random cramping, etc.

Here is my issue:

When I diet in for these shoots and fashion shows I follow basically a crash type diet. I've been doing it for 6 years and I always get the same results. I hover around 11% body fat. 6 weeks out my diet consists of:

40 gram chicken breast
1 cup broccoli
4 fish oil caps

I eat this 4 times a day as well as taking multi, carnitine, among other supplements.

I do not change my workout. I stay as heavy as my body will let me and keep reps between 6-8 reps but keep length of the workout down. 4 strength sessions a week and 30 minutes of low intensity (under 120bpm) cardio every day.

Every 10 days I replace 2 of my 4 broccolli meals with a large sweet potato to keep glycogen up and avoid metabolic drop on such an extreme diet. I never have any problem dropping from 11% to about 5-6% in this time period with only minor strength loss.

HERE IS THE KICKER:

I am following absolutely nothing different as far as diet and training this time around. I am 5 weeks in to the anavar and my weight is up to 190 pounds and strength keeps rising, but it's not water at all. This is clean, dry gains. This makes NO sense to me. I assumed Var was a weak anabolic that would help retain gains on a low cal diet and really make you pop at a low body fat, but this is ridiculous.

Sum things up:

Relatively low dose of a weak anabolic
I'm eating 1,064 calories a day for this brief diet. This does not include once every 10 days when my calories jump to about 1,500 with the sweet potato.

SO WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON? No way is my body this productive that it can take a weak anabolic and a super low diet and gain muscle. Anyone else know what's going on? Or should I start putting my symptoms in Web Md and hope for the best ;)

Oxandrolone (Anavar) is a mild steroid. The myth is this drug being "weak" is again proven here as incorrect.

I am running Var for the first time and what I am here to state is this: Var is a very effect steroid with minimal sides.

At 190 fromwhat weight? And you eat 1200 cals a day, I'm not so sure it's var, on someone your size, even bloat will look fairly lean so it could very well be water weight.

I personally like anavar, but I just ran pharmacy var at 60-80 with some test eating 4k plus cals and it's not a big weight gainer. Yes I added some weight but mostly looked more full.

Also why are you on a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose of test all year? And running that is not avoiding shut down, it causes it. I'd hardly call what you are doing excessive use of orals, but more like a waste of time if you don't need the test year round. If you do, then great and like everything, var has a good synergy with test and even at a low dose.

At your height and 165 you should be able to sit at 180 at 6% and still not look big. I just don't see any real weight gain happening when you are starving yourself. Ineat more in one meal and I understand you have a different objective but why the up and down? You should be able to eat more than you are and remain at < 10% at 180.

Either way I know you weren't looking for a critique so I'll leave it alone. As far as the weight gain, my first instinct would say it's not var or you are starving yourself so your body is trying to store everything it can.

What type of test are you running and at what dose? If you're only running test for the same amount of time with Var (would be 5 weeks in) the only way this could be explained through the test would be if it is a fast acting ester. 5 weeks for Cyp for instance is not enough time to put on that much weight. However if it is a fast acting ester the weight could be attributed to the test depending on what dose you're on.

how old are you?

maybe you mentioned it and I missed it, but how old are you? there are many factors that could be at play here. first off, your metabolism changes, secondly, have you had your testosterone levels checked? IMHO the test may be doing very little for you at this point, as your natural production is probably shut down essentially, after the long term use. You could very possibly be simply running at test levels normal for your age at this point.

Also, I agree with Mike that var is not a weak drug, and as most will tell you, everyone has different results with different aas. just my 2cnts.

I'm up from a casual 180 at 9-11% bodyfat to 190 and I'd say I'm around 9% right now. Over the years with getting prepped for shoots and shows I come to know how my body reacts to water retention, muscle gain, carbs, etc. There is definitely no water retention here. I have very pronounced facial features and when I retain water it goes to my face immediately. Running any kind of test over 150mg a week will cause me to bloat even with the use of arimidex. Mostly just in my face, but due to my job that is a big no no.

I'm not really complaining about the weight gain because I still look great..it's not sloppy weight by any means, but the way these designers and dbags do things..I gotta fit into a certain size of clothes and I can't be 190. I run Enanthate..but I basically run this low dose for about 6 months through a family doc and then drop it for 6 months to let natty levels recover.

And whoever said 180 6% is not big..I completely agreee, but remember we are on a primarily bodybuilding board. When you think of the industry I am in...180 pounds muscular at 6% just doesn't exist. I may need to get natty levels rechecked, but all my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is administered by a family friend doc so I'm assuming he would let me know if my own levels were dropping once I came off. WHO KNOWS what my deal is. I'm 25 by the way. Been lifting since I was 16.

I'm up from a casual 180 at 9-11% bodyfat to 190 and I'd say I'm around 9% right now. Over the years with getting prepped for shoots and shows I come to know how my body reacts to water retention, muscle gain, carbs, etc. There is definitely no water retention here. I have very pronounced facial features and when I retain water it goes to my face immediately. Running any kind of test over 150mg a week will cause me to bloat even with the use of arimidex. Mostly just in my face, but due to my job that is a big no no.

I'm not really complaining about the weight gain because I still look great..it's not sloppy weight by any means, but the way these designers and dbags do things..I gotta fit into a certain size of clothes and I can't be 190. I run Enanthate..but I basically run this low dose for about 6 months through a family doc and then drop it for 6 months to let natty levels recover.

And whoever said 180 6% is not big..I completely agreee, but remember we are on a primarily bodybuilding board. When you think of the industry I am in...180 pounds muscular at 6% just doesn't exist. I may need to get natty levels rechecked, but all my testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is administered by a family friend doc so I'm assuming he would let me know if my own levels were dropping once I came off. WHO KNOWS what my deal is. I'm 25 by the way. Been lifting since I was 16.

Brother I appreciate your position and fully understand this isn't working in your favor.

I am stumped due to the lack of water (between) and the obvious amount IN your muscles.

Perhaps the compound is "one off" in it's structure. Just one position of the chain WILL create a whole new drug.

I almost hate to recommend this but you might need to get ON some Winstrol (winny) to "make weight".

i agree w bigmike

also
your entire plan is flawed. hire a nutrtionalist like 3js. get off testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) at 25 youwill regret this down the road unless u reallydo have low test. the goals you have are very attainable via diet and training. i think your trying to use aas as a shortcut or makeup for lack of work ethic in the gym. if u need to tighten up run igf1-lr3, ghrp6, or real hgh. with a clean diet u will see wonders.

lol I hover around 200-208lbs with 9-11%bf and eat 3800-4000 calories a day. I am also on test and var.

This is my first time with Var, but I will say I'm pretty impressed that I am putting weight on, but I look like I am getting leaner and thinner each day.

I will admit, the past few days I have not been getting 4k a day. More like 2.5k but I still put weight on. my strength is up on everything also and no side effects.

also my vascularity has increased A LOT.

my point is you should be able to eat more, lose more fat, and stay around same weight while on var

Oxandrolone (Anavar) is a mild steroid. The myth is this drug being "weak" is again proven here as incorrect.

I am running Var for the first time and what I am here to state is this: Var is a very effect steroid with minimal sides.

What dose?

I agree with Josh. But in your first post you said you run a low dose test all year and don't come off. Just keep it honest, the guys are trying to help you out.

If you say you can be on test 6 months, then come off and be fine, you have no need for testosterone replacement therapy (TRT), testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) is used to bring levels up to a guy of your age, now I can understand running the test with var or any other AAS but just runing a testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) dose when you don't need it makes no sense.

And 180 at 8-9% exist every day of the week. I'm not trying to discredit anything you are doing, but it sounds like something is missing or the story is changing a little on your use. If you are already at a low bf%, and not retaining water, how is Winstrol (winny) going to help?

Winny is just going to pull off the extra water so if you are already 9%, Winstrol (winny) is not getting you down to 170. Winstrol (winny) won't even cut weight, it will reduce water.

There is nothing wrong with your current cycle, for you, I would have chose anavar and test as well. But since you are getting to good of results and it could effect the weight of your wallet, I would drop the var and run 500-700mg of mast prop a week. It will give you a completely hard, dry, veiny look with your diet, and you won't retain any water, plus if sort of works like an Aromatase inhibitor (AI) and may inadvertently help reduce estro, and estro sides by leaving more test free and unbound.

maybe its not var and its oral tren. tren can help with feed efficiency. so that may be the reason why for the lean gains on a cal deficit. just a thought.

Winny is just going to pull off the extra water so if you are already 9%, Winstrol (winny) is not getting you down to 170. Winstrol (winny) won't even cut weight, it will reduce water.

You can lose up to 10% of your weight by draining water from your body. If he is 190 he could get very close to 170 by changing his H2O equilibrium and then sweating virtually all H2O. But this is not something that should be maintained for over a day or 2, but could be a last resort for losing lbs before a shoot.

I'm slightly confused as to why you are on gear? At 6'2 180 you should be lifting moderately and watching everything you eat. Why take test unless you are naturally low? and why take anavar if you are not worried about losing strength while cutting? I mean you're on Test and Var but you don't want to gain muscle?

IMHO you should drop the gear and fix your diet. Less sodium, less carbs, no diary, more protein, and more water.

You can lose up to 10% of your weight by draining water from your body. If he is 190 he could get very close to 170 by changing his H2O equilibrium and then sweating virtually all H2O. But this is not something that should be maintained for over a day or 2, but could be a last resort for losing lbs before a shoot.

This is my point exactly. I lose a pants size and 10lbs on Winstrol (winny) in about two weeks and this is what this guy need to do for his photo shoot.

Back