Strange Heart Beat / Face Numbness During Workouts

SteroidalOpiate

Started my test e cycle about 3 weeks ago. 500mg per week of testosterone enanthate. Before that my levels was low at 12.9. (24 year old male).

Today I attempted to workout, only done 3 sets of bent over dumbbell rows when my chest began to tighten and my heart began to pound. I thought, fuck it, just work through. So I reduced the weight and carried on to set 4. Half way through set 4 my face began to go numb.

So I stopped and checked my pulse / felt my heart beating. It was beating like this.

^..^..^.....^..^..^..^.....^..^..^......^..^..^..^......^..^...^..^..^..

So it was beating normally for say 3 beats then a pause then beating normally for 4 beats then a pause between beats again. The pause felt like it was missing 2-3 beats every so many beats.

I do have a partial right bundle branch block that comes and goes. Sometimes it shows on ecgs sometimes it doesn't. It seemed to disappear after I quit smoking.

Not really experienced anything like this before and I do train hard usually. Any idea what this is?

Had ecg and echocardiogram done last year and all was clear, cholesterol was fine. Obviously that was BEFORE I started the steroid cycle.

I admit my diet is not great. I eat takeaways 5-6 times a week (Pizzas, Burgers ect). I also eat about 200g of chocolate a day. Mainly because my job is walking around for 12 hours a day so I just eat from local shops.

Last edited:
you really need to give us more data. so you started your test e cycle 3 weeks ago, ok, so what else are you pinning? wheres your ai, hcg? and your stats. weight, height, bf% etc. cycle histoyr.

you really need to give us more data. so you started your test e cycle 3 weeks ago, ok, so what else are you pinning? wheres your ai, hcg? and your stats. weight, height, bf% etc. cycle histoyr.

1. I'm pinning nothing else. Just 500mg testosterone enanthate weekly.
2. No HCG or AI. I've never used an AI, even on 1000mg a week. On 1g a week the most I get is some acne.
3. Weight 195lbs last I checked, height 5'11", bf 13%
4. Cycle history... 5 Cycles in total mostly with just dianabol and testosterone. Think the most I ever ran was 1000mg a week but could be higher....

These cycles was a good few years ago as I had a 2 year natty gap between starting my current cycle.

Cycle 1 500mg test ew 1-14 weeks
Cycle 2 800mg test ew 1-16 weeks
Cycle 3 500mg test ew 1-12 40mg dbol ed 1-4 weeks
Cycle 4 1000mg test ew (could have been more) 1-14 weeks
Cycle 5 750mg test ew 1-20+ weeks

Used to be much heavier but lost loads of weight in them 2 years off with my natty test peaking at 12.9.

Is this likely to be cholesterol or blood pressure maybe? I know my diets bad. But can test really mess with your cholesterol in just 3 weeks?

Other medications would be nicotine, caffeine and levothyroxine. Nicotine is just well off the charts... I use the 4mg nicotine lozengers currently. The labels recommend a maximum of 15 per day but I probably use between 22 and 28 each day. So between 120 and 160mg of nicotine each day.

gram a week . . no AI . . . no sides . . . .mmmmmmm

If your heart is actually beating like that you need to see a doctor.

LevothyroxineListen to pronunciation

Common brands:*Synthroid,*Tirosint,*Levoxyl

Hormone

It can treat hypothyroidism. It can also treat an enlarged thyroid gland and thyroid cancer.

Serious side effects

Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 if your symptoms feel life-threatening or if you think you***8217;re having a medical emergency. Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:

Heart attack. Symptoms can include:chest painshortness of breathdiscomfort in your upper bodyHeart failure. Symptoms can include:shortness of breathextreme tirednessswelling in your legs, ankles, or feetunexpected weight gainVery fast heart rateIrregular heart rhythm

The time between these post is the time it took me to find this information.

If you are only 24 now.
How old were you when you started Cycling ~ 16 to 18 ?

If so, this is only ONE of a Host of problems that you could be Dealing with.

Your Current Stats for Height/Weight, and Body Fat Percent would be immensely helpful.
As It sounds to me like your Estradiol is Too High due to you Not taking an AI.

So you are Holding Fluid which is Spiking your Blood Pressure.
And putting enormous strain on your Heart/Liver/and Kidneys.

Go get Bloodwork ~ ASAP ~ to find out what Exactly is going on ~ Don't Guess............................. JP

LevothyroxineListen to pronunciation

Common brands:*Synthroid,*Tirosint,*Levoxyl

Hormone

It can treat hypothyroidism. It can also treat an enlarged thyroid gland and thyroid cancer.

Serious side effects

Call your doctor right away if you have serious side effects. Call 911 if your symptoms feel life-threatening or if you think you***8217;re having a medical emergency. Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:

Heart attack. Symptoms can include:chest painshortness of breathdiscomfort in your upper bodyHeart failure. Symptoms can include:shortness of breathextreme tirednessswelling in your legs, ankles, or feetunexpected weight gainVery fast heart rateIrregular heart rhythm

The time between these post is the time it took me to find this information.

Yes I take levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. But I doubt this is the problem as I don't experience symptoms after taking it. The only time I got symptoms was when I began lifting weights.

If you are only 24 now.
How old were you when you started Cycling ~ 16 to 18 ?

If so, this is only ONE of a Host of problems that you could be Dealing with.

Your Current Stats for Height/Weight, and Body Fat Percent would be immensely helpful.
As It sounds to me like your Estradiol is Too High due to you Not taking an AI.

So you are Holding Fluid which is Spiking your Blood Pressure.
And putting enormous strain on your Heart/Liver/and Kidneys.

Go get Bloodwork ~ ASAP ~ to find out what Exactly is going on ~ Don't Guess............................. JP

I started cycling around 18. When you say this could be one of a host of problems. What sort of problems are you thinking about? Because when I hear this sort of stuff I often assume its fearmongering, to discourage use of AAS in young lifters... Which isn't a bad thing :) Just the way I see it the risks are similar for an 18 year old just as they are for a 25 year old who starts cycling. Obviously with the additional risk of premature closing of growth plates and permanently damaging T production.

After running the 5 previous cycles I did get a full medical checkup to make sure everything was working. Had multiple ECG's, echocardiogram, mri, full body ct scan and a whole host of blood work including cholesterol, blood cell count, crp ect. The only long term damage that I found was that my natural testosterone only returned to 12.9 which is pretty low. Edit: The previous cycles also caused my thyroid to stop producing adequate amounts of T4, hence the levothyroxine prescription now.

Please check my above posts as I already posted all stats.

I'll check my blood pressure and report back... Just got to find some batteries for the blood pressure machine.

Last edited:
gram a week . . no AI . . . no sides . . . .mmmmmmm

If your heart is actually beating like that you need to see a doctor.

Not sure if it was underdosed or not but I did get some sides. I was probably exaggerating a little when I say no sides. The main sides was near complete lack of sensation in my dick. It would stay hard for hours but with little to no feeling. Acne and moods... Serious mood swings lol.

It WAS beating like that. For about 5 minutes after putting the dumbbells down... Then it gone back to normal as my heart rate decreased back to resting rate. If I've learnt anything its that you're wasting your time going to a hospital once the heart rate returns back to normal. They just say "If its not happening now we can't help you".

BLOOD PRESSURE UPDATE

1st 143/88
2nd 144/107
3rd 141/90
4th 122/86
5th 128/77
6th 149/89
7th 129/83
8th 132/83

Yes my blood pressure machine is accurate!

Yes I take levothyroxine for hypothyroidism. But I doubt this is the problem as I don't experience symptoms after taking it. The only time I got symptoms was when I began lifting weights.

I started cycling around 18. When you say this could be one of a host of problems. What sort of problems are you thinking about? Because when I hear this sort of stuff I often assume its fearmongering, to discourage use of AAS in young lifters... Which isn't a bad thing :) Just the way I see it the risks are similar for an 18 year old just as they are for a 25 year old who starts cycling. Obviously with the additional risk of premature closing of growth plates and permanently damaging T production.

It's Not Fear-mongering ~ It's Medical Facts !!!

The Brain doesn't Stop developing till the Mid-20's ~ The Human Body is Nothing without a Fully Functioning Brain ~ Period.
I could quote a Plethora of Clinicians on the Subject, to make my point.
But I'll just leave you with this Abstract from Pub-Med..................................... JP
P.S.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8517683

When does human brain development end? Evidence of corpus callosum growth up to adulthood.

Pujol J1, Vendrell P, Junqué C, Martí-Vilalta JL, Capdevila A.
Author information

Abstract
To locate structural changes in the brain accounting for the increasing effectiveness in cognition and skills that occurs at the final stage of behavioral development, we attempted to determine the age at which the corpus callosum completes its active growth period. We assessed the growth rate of the corpus callosum by measuring its area twice on midsagittal magnetic resonance imaging scans separated by a 2-year interval, in a series of 90 subjects with a wide range of ages. We observed an increase in the size of the corpus callosum as long as human mentation expands, up to the middle 20s. Clinical and experimental data about the corpus callosum, together with the present findings, suggest that the corpus callosum is part of the highest order-latest maturing neural network of the brain.

I'm extremely prone to side effects from medications. I was actually submitted to the FDA as a case of gyno associated with a drug. A single confirmed case.

Heart attack symptoms are heart attack symptoms. I was put onto a cardiac unit with a heart monitor because my heart has an extra blip during my seizures.

Please dont dismiss heart issues man. I've "worked through" lots of things and when I told the doctor their jaws dropped and I could have died. Itchy skin, light headedness, tongue swelling and other things I dismissed. I once had such low blood pressure the doctors were surprised I wasnt passing out. I almost died "working through" small seizures till I went full blown flopping, frothing at the mouth and blue in the face seizures. I almost died on my bathroom floor in my wifes arms.

Most likely PVCs - premature ventricular contractions. This is generally considered benign until the percentage of PCVs becomes high. I found them disturbing and uncomfortable though. When I had these I had myself checked out with a 24-hour monitor, ECG and ultrasound.

Never conclusively found out what caused them, but suspected crashed E2 or crashed Ferritin. Various electrolyte imbalances can cause arrhythmia.

Just my lay opinion and experience.

Back