Syno homebrew

the350zpimper

Okay well I've literally looked everywhere but i am still unsure of what Lye (NaOH) to use and how much of it. (as far as i know, You have to mix it with water first, so how much of the water will be needed?) I know there is NO right answer for these questions, but an estimate of what you guys used would be great. Also pleasee provide me with either links or the full name of the Lye i should get.

Also do you crystallize first than add NaOH, or Add NaOh to the heet and syno and than Crystallize?

Thanks

Sodium Hydroxide.

Okay well I've literally looked everywhere but i am still unsure of what Lye (NaOH) to use and how much of it. (as far as i know, You have to mix it with water first, so how much of the water will be needed?) I know there is NO right answer for these questions, but an estimate of what you guys used would be great. Also pleasee provide me with either links or the full name of the Lye i should get.

Also do you crystallize first than add NaOH, or Add NaOh to the heet and syno and than Crystallize?

Ok I am gonna break it down for ya quick. I don't use sodium hydroxide that I make. I buy it in a solution from a web site. PM me and I will tell ya where. You can however make your own sodium hydroxide in distilled water. 20% is the concentration that most of the people that I know use. I just find that buying it is easier but more expensive but in the end the shit is so cheap that it don't really matter. If you buy it it adds like 1.50 per bottle of test at 100mg/ml/10ml bottle.

You get the lye from like amazon.com get the food grade for bagels and pretzels.

Lastly you do this.

You add your syno to the heat and cover it and heat it till it disolves.

then you filter that solution through coffee filters.

then you add your sodium hydroxide to the solution for EXACTLY 1 HOUR.

then add 500 ml of distilled water and put it in the freezer for at least 1 hour.

then filter your heat/test crystal solution through a paint bucket screen. You get em at sherwin williams. 2 bucks. use distilled water at least a whole gallon to wash the test. you do this through the a funnel with the screen and dump the heat/crystals in it then keep dumping distilled water over it for at least 1 gallon.

Then take the crystals out of the paint gallon filter put it in the over at 170 degrees for at least 3 hours cutting it up every half hour. when it is dry weigh it out and add a 2% ba 8% solution with test and oil.

Filter it and you are good to go.. keep it hot while you filter it so it goest quicker.

Thanks

Ciao

Id like to add thaf when you convert it... I'd suggest just let the lye sit in all day and just make test base

i had the same problem but found what i believed to be the right answer. but alas my last batch crashed so I dont know if I have TNE or what now. trying to figure out how to salvage it. only source i've found for solution is brett's but dont know if its any good.

doing your own naoh is a PAIN IN THE ASS. or maybe im just stupid. :)

What i found from searching...

To clear it up. we used .75g NaOH dissolved in 10ml of distilled water for every 5 carts (green circular tubes). After dissolving your 5 carts in methanol, add the NaOH solution to the methanol/synovex solution. Start your watch. After the 1 hour period you can start your cold water drip to form crystals.

Id like to add thaf when you convert it... I'd suggest just let the lye sit in all day and just make test base

Why? is the conversion to injectable the same as with prop? i.e. how much oil, ba, bb per gram of powder etc.? i have what might be TNE now but i really dont know.

Back