Synthroid not working anymore?? T-3 questions

old mechanic

Like the post says anyone here anyone here made the jump from t-4 to t-4/t-3??

Despite all the info i have gave my Dr he states he cant give me t-3. he is willing to send me to a specalist. but it will be up to them to make a decation.

Standard range TSH 0.10-5.50 uIU/mL
1/18/2007 (4.1)

1/18/2007 (4.4)

8/5/2008 (1.2)

12/10/2009 (3.70)

6/4/2010 (.02)

6/4/2011 (5.78)

As you can see my # are all over the place
I feel best around the 1.2 level. I have been able to find several papers that state if are on thyroid meds you should keep you # below 2.00

the one .02 reading was way too much.
when i get above 3.00 i seem to have symptoms .

I am on .212 synthroid. everytime they up my dose it seems to work for a while. then it seems to quit working and my # go back up.

thanks for any info
old mechanic

You should have your T3 & T4 checked. Your TSH only tells you part of the story, and T3 & T4 levels are what you're really interested in anyway.

I've been taking Synthroid for about a year and I'm also giving serious thought to switching to Armour. I believe Armour to be the better choice since it combines T3 & T4 and there's no T4 -->T3 conversion necessary. I'll be talking to the Super Friends at Maximus about this soon. They can fix anything.:D

I sent chip a email on monday lets see what his Dr say.
I did manage to get my dr to run more thyroid tests t-3/t-4
i want to give trt/hrt another try but i think i need someone that can look at
test, thyroid and adreanal.

lets see what chip says???

I don't really care much about thyroid - I just take armor like a grain to a grain and a half a day. T3 solo therapy can jack your shbg up. A lot of people don't convert t4 to t3 who are hypothyroid. So I don't really worry about it and just take armor, which has a good mix of them.

You are luckey! i have had hashimoto's thyroiditis since 1997. I have been on meds ever since. latley my lab look like rollercoaster ride!! I cant seem to get them under controll.
the Dr's at kaiser cant or wont help. So i am looking to find out what other options are out there

I would imagine armor would just be easier than trying to micromanage what the body could do easier with pig thyroid.

i sent chip a email on monday lets see what his dr say.
I did manage to get my dr to run more thyroid tests t-3/t-4
i want to give trt/hrt another try but i think i need someone that can look at
test, thyroid and adreanal.

Lets see what chip says???

just left doc another email. Waiting for response. Thx bro.

I don't really care much about thyroid - I just take armor like a grain to a grain and a half a day. T3 solo therapy can jack your shbg up. A lot of people don't convert t4 to t3 who are hypothyroid. So I don't really worry about it and just take armor, which has a good mix of them.

If I am reading this correctly, could too much t-3 could slow down test production??

the reason i ask this is about a year ago i ran out of thryoid meds for a few days and my sex drive came back while i was out of thryiod meds

Back