I am 35 and on test and hcg because of my low T

RoidsPussyMoney

HGH on my situation..thoughts?

Here is my story, please feel free to share your experience and drop 2 cenets ..thanks

I am 35 and on test and hcg because of my low T. While I'm definitely getting the benefit of Test and many issues that I was suffering from the past are almost gone , but still my sleep totally sucks and healing from workout is very poor. For example, I wont heal properly from back and bicep workout even after complete 3 days rest and somewhat ok sleep and on the third day can't even have an effective chest/shoulder workout cause my upper back area and joints still hurts from back workout. Not only that, because of poor sleep next morning not motivated enough to goto gym and have low energy even being on test. I'd wake up in the middle of sleep for no reason and sometime would have very poor sleep quality like I'm 1 qt awake from being completely asleep and would get mild headache in the morning. Saw a sleep/pulmonary doc , he says I dont have sleep apnea. This has been going on for years even before I was diagnosed on low T and started my therapy. Dont have much stress, nutrition excellent and tried all kinds of sleep supplement, some of them seems to work sometime but next morning feel lethargic.

Has anyone went through this? Do you think starting on low does of GH would hlep or should I consider GRF 1-29(sermorelen) + GHRP-6 or some other peptides a try? BTW, I dont wanna sound like I wanna consider GH just as a sleep supplement..hell no. My point is my body still has some problem that won't let me rest properly and not producing enough GH which would cause long recovery time and less performance and low sense of well being? All of you say here how good sleep you get from GH with dreams and overall well being and performance, I get really jealous cause thats what I am missing vitally and wonder if thats my underlying problem. I also accumulated a chunk of belly fat in last 6 months that I am finding extremely difficult losing being on TRT, 5/6 days weight training with 500-700 cal burning cardio and superb diet.

They did a brain MRI., couldn't find nothing and also here is IGF-1 test which looks pretty good to me. But as we all know lab numbers might lie and it is wise to treat symptoms than numbers. Didnt go too far like GH stimulation test or anything like that..my endo won't do it. If you guys think trying some GH might help, please share your experience.. much appreciated.

View attachment 564773

couple weeks ago did my other labs too total T >1500, TSH,T3, T4, Estadiol, Cortisol all looks good.

Last edited:
Welcome to the boards, be sure to start your own thread with your issues so we can keep everything here in order, good luck!

When you say you went to a sleep doctor, did you actually get a sleep study done? There's no way they can just look at you and determine if that's the case. Your symptoms SCREAM sleep apnea to me, and being a male over 30 years old puts you right up there for risk factors.

If you didn't get a sleep study done, get one. A CPAP made a huge difference for me, and I was on TRT myself at the time, trying just as you are to find that last missing piece of the puzzle.

GH is a huge investment, but if you have the funds - it is worth it. I'm still trying to fanagle my way into getting it prescribed AND covered, but the odds are definitely not in my favor.

My .02c :)

When you say you went to a sleep doctor, did you actually get a sleep study done? There's no way they can just look at you and determine if that's the case. Your symptoms SCREAM sleep apnea to me, and being a male over 30 years old puts you right up there for risk factors.

If you didn't get a sleep study done, get one. A CPAP made a huge difference for me, and I was on TRT myself at the time, trying just as you are to find that last missing piece of the puzzle.

GH is a huge investment, but if you have the funds - it is worth it. I'm still trying to fanagle my way into getting it prescribed AND covered, but the odds are definitely not in my favor.

ya, I was positive that I have sleep apnea but the doc said my symptoms aren't classical symptoms and he let me go just doing a simple breathing test. I asked for a sleep study and his office taking way too long to work with my insurance to get it approved and set it up..hopefully something would be scheduled in couple weeks.

BTW, would love to know your experience on getting HGH prescribed through your doc without going AA clinics! What approaches you took so far? I have that though too, but my IGF looks ok for now.. are you working with an endo or any other specialties for that?

Last edited:

ya, I was position that I have sleep apnea but the doc said my symptoms aren't classical symptoms and he let me go just doing a simple breathing test. I asked for a sleep study and his office taking way too long to work with my insurance to get it approved and set it up..hopefully something would be scheduled in couple weeks.

BTW, would love to know your experience on getting HGH prescribed through your doc without going AA clinics! What approaches you took so far? I have that though too, but my IGF looks ok for now.. are you working with an endo or any other specialties for that?

ya, I was positive that I have sleep apnea but the doc said my symptoms aren't classical symptoms and he let me go just doing a simple breathing test. I asked for a sleep study and his office taking way too long to work with my insurance to get it approved and set it up..hopefully something would be scheduled in couple weeks.

I've been working with my GP to get in touch with endos that have been able to get GH prescribed for folks. It's tricky at best as the on label use is very limited, and if a doctor prescribes a drug off label - they assume full responsibility for any complications. That makes it tough, as being hypogonadal itself can be an indication, but without that cushion that physicians rely on, they're often skittish.

That's why vitality clinics and wellness centers are usually the best bet, but you pay a fortune to not only get the script, but for the meds themselves.

Insurance is the "hard" part though. Most insurance companies list necessary requirements before they cover medicines/treatments, and while my IGF naturally is quite low (hypogonadism), there's still the hurdle of proving it along with other health concerns. I think I have a good argument as I'm a diabetic (yep, also caused by hypogonadism), and there are some studies showing a correlation between diabetes and low IGF causing mortality.

Of course I have to convince the doc that's willing to even prescribe this to use this line of reasoning, unless they have a better way to get things done. Sadly, the wait list for these guys are super long, so I won't know for awhile if I am on the right track or not. :(

You have no problems getting Gh prescribed and filled with a compounding pharmacy or threw a clinic.
Your just not going to get it as a astetic.

igf is easily prescribed too. Your just not going to get your insurance to cover it with out test showing an issue.

I've been working with my GP to get in touch with endos that have been able to get GH prescribed for folks. It's tricky at best as the on label use is very limited, and if a doctor prescribes a drug off label - they assume full responsibility for any complications. That makes it tough, as being hypogonadal itself can be an indication, but without that cushion that physicians rely on, they're often skittish.

That's why vitality clinics and wellness centers are usually the best bet, but you pay a fortune to not only get the script, but for the meds themselves.

Insurance is the "hard" part though. Most insurance companies list necessary requirements before they cover medicines/treatments, and while my IGF naturally is quite low (hypogonadism), there's still the hurdle of proving it along with other health concerns. I think I have a good argument as I'm a diabetic (yep, also caused by hypogonadism), and there are some studies showing a correlation between diabetes and low IGF causing mortality.

Of course I have to convince the doc that's willing to even prescribe this to use this line of reasoning, unless they have a better way to get things done. Sadly, the wait list for these guys are super long, so I won't know for awhile if I am on the right track or not. :(

hmm..ya low T could cause low GH and resulting low IGF-1 , but it works other way around too..as T increases it facilitates good GH production resulting good IGF-1 . What is your recent IGF-1 if you tested? I've got secondary hypo and my current IGF-1 looks good. For me it would be really hard to go about GH discussion just based on IGF-1 level. I heard some endo was talking about how IGF-1 could be a false sign of actual GH deficiency. I have to do more research on that and collect more solid argument on that.

hmm..ya low T could cause low GH and resulting low IGF-1 , but it works other way around too..as T increases it facilitates good GH production resulting good IGF-1 . What is your recent IGF-1 if you tested? I've got secondary hypo and my current IGF-1 looks good. For me it would be really hard to go about GH discussion just based on IGF-1 level. I heard some endo was talking about how IGF-1 could be a false sign of actual GH deficiency. I have to do more research on that and collect more solid argument on that.

The problem is that exogenous testosterone increases IGF, so mine is actually above the range right now. I'd have to either get them to look at the bloods I had done while baselined years ago, or baseline myself again, which I'd really REALLY not want to do - unless I KNEW it would guarantee coverage.

I agree DPR; getting it prescribed is easy enough through services - but it's crazy difficult through the traditional method with insurance. If I weren't trying to finish school while working, and had a huge disposable income, this would totally be a moot point. :)

exo test increases IGF , so what does it mean? Doesn't it actually facilitate more GH production which results more IGF. Or IGF level not necessarily an always valid indication of good GH production?

I think I can spend some moeny on GH now..what brand/lab would you guys suggest or should I try mod grf129 + ghrp 6 first to give a boost?

exo test increases IGF , so what does it mean? Doesn't it actually facilitate more GH production which results more IGF. Or IGF level not necessarily an always valid indication of good GH production?

I think I can spend some moeny on GH now..what brand/lab would you guys suggest or should I try mod grf129 + ghrp 6 first to give a boost?

IGF is not the same as HGH. Many folks use IGF in conjunction with GH on a blood test to verify if they have the real or not. I stopped following on it, but there was speculation that China was using something other than real GH to give a false positive on blood tests.

If you're so inclined, you can order the two tests from a private lab, and see where you're at. :)

I can't really recommend any labs as that's against forum rules, but I'm sure there are reviews all over the place with blood test results. Of course, being a cautious consumer is obviously in your best interests as it's one of the most faked substances out there due to such a high profit margin. ;)

I'm personally on ipamorelin and MK-677, but it's too early to tell if the benefits are blowing my top or not.

OP..u have to slow down and quit jumping around and address 1 thing at a time. We went from sleep to explaining IGF, HGH is not.

Sleep studie s are a no go for me. How friggin natural is sleeping in a lab rat type situation knowing ur being monitored, i sleep naked and fondle myself to sleep....but...insurance companies are a major sticking point for many of us trying acquiring e z fix drug s like say Cialus, Test etc.

And then the RX drug pirates who d rather a 32 yr old Asian female shrink write me 1 , 2 or 3 anti depressant s to address what they call depression or ED when it s aging and a little test goes a long way. Same with Cialus, it not only helps my bp but bph...

Slow down address 1 thing. I get trazadone but only ingest it 2 or 3 times in a 10 day period as u gotta sleep. It s like 87 cent s w ins. I get ( but do recommend ) .25 of a benzo on off night s. It s like 78 cent s with insurance.
Nyquil w a flexeril chaser help s break my non addictive drug lol rx s. ( if ur supposed to take it e d and u can t sleep w o it how is that not...)

Few things or entities are more hypocritical than the rx industry except for insurance co s and the mother of them all the gubment. I slept 4 hour s. Get used to it. Lack of sleep NEVER killed anyone. The fear of not sleeping killed Michael Jackson. Propynol...lol..dumbass doc.

U know how Magic Johnson became HIV pos ? He blew a Piston in Detroit....

Last edited:
IGF is not the same as HGH. Many folks use IGF in conjunction with GH on a blood test to verify if they have the real or not. I stopped following on it, but there was speculation that China was using something other than real GH to give a false positive on blood tests.

If you're so inclined, you can order the two tests from a private lab, and see where you're at. :)

I can't really recommend any labs as that's against forum rules, but I'm sure there are reviews all over the place with blood test results. Of course, being a cautious consumer is obviously in your best interests as it's one of the most faked substances out there due to such a high profit margin. ;)

I'm personally on ipamorelin and MK-677, but it's too early to tell if the benefits are blowing my top or not.

Very interested to hear of your long term thoughts on ipamorelin and MK. I tried MK alone and was not impressed. I did check out ipamorelin, but looks very high maintenance - reconstitute, frequent injections, etc. Not sure if it's worth all the trouble..

I am interested too to see your result on ipamoreline + MK. And I get that IGF is not as HGH lol..when did I mention they are same? I wanna try some peptides and GHRH too to sleep deep and give my GH production a boost to see if it does anything before committing myself to HGH for long term. I hear ipamoreline has less issues but one of the least effective peps..what you guys think of mod grf + ghrp 2/6?

Back