T4 and how to cycle it?

ex-infantry

ive used the "search button" so much using t4, T4, levothyroxine, and all im comming with is alot of T3, cytomel posts. so, if theres any T4 gurus:

1.) how should T4 be cycled doseage wise and for how long?
2.) should the dose be taken all at once or split throughout the day?
3.) should it be slowly pyramided up then slowly tapered off like T3?
4.) what other supplements MUST be taken with T4?
5.) what other supplements can be taken and be helpful with T4?
6.) please post all other suggestions/advice/personal opinions/ whats worked best for you? thanks all... any info is very appreciated!

Toss the T4 and get some T3. There is a reason you are seeing so much information on T3 and not T4.

thats what i was thinking... but i cant just toss anything, i have to figure some way to use it.... im uber-cheap like that bro! LOL

The T4 in your body gets converted to T3 and T3 is something like 3-4 times stronger than T3. I don't know if supraphysiological doses of T4 can cause health issues that supraphysiological doses of T3 do not.

I'm pretty damn cheap, but when it comes to my health, I prefer to do what is established to be reasonably safe.

If you do use the T4, then let us know what happens.

McShizzle said:
100mcg t4 = roughly 25mcg t3 so you could cycle it just like you would t3
That isn't at all accurate. Sure, T3 is 3-4 times stronger than T4, but you must also consider that the T4 gets converted to T3.

mranak said:
That isn't at all accurate. Sure, T3 is 3-4 times stronger than T4, but you must also consider that the T4 gets converted to T3.
yes t4 get converted to t3 in the body, and the rough conversion is what i already wrote.

McShizzle said:
yes t4 get converted to t3 in the body, and the rough conversion is what i already wrote.
100mcg of T4 = 25mcg of T3 would be the appropriate ratio is T4 didn't get converted to T3, since T3 is about 4 times stronger. Thus, it seems apparent to me to that conversion you mentioned is incorrect.

I don't know that it does, but if all of the T4 gets converted to T3, then you would actually need less T4 than T3 to provide an equivalent dosage.

oh boy mranak you must be having a brain fart - It takes about 100 mcg of synthroid to convert to 25 mcg of T3.

According to your post T3 is 4x stronger the T3 -

So 100 / 25 = 4

It takes 4x as much synthroid to equal the strength of your T3..

I don't know if i can explain it in simplier terms because this is simple math and i'm not even sure where your goin wrong.

let me try again ----If something is stronger mcg to mcg you need less to get the desired result of the weaker.

So if T3 is stronger mcg / mcg then you need more T4 to get the same result.

My uncles thyroid was slightly slow and they put him on 100mcg T4 ED and said they wanted to recheck bloodwork in 3 months.

ex-infantry said:
ive used the "search button" so much using t4, T4, levothyroxine, and all im comming with is alot of T3, cytomel posts. so, if theres any T4 gurus:

1.) how should T4 be cycled doseage wise and for how long?
Start at around 100mcg/day, and work up from there. Generally speaking, I wouldn't go over 400mcg/day, however some have a higher tolerance for it. Also, it would be best to use it with an anabolic, especially if the dosage is over 200mcg/day...
2.) should the dose be taken all at once or split throughout the day?
You can do either, but taking it on an empty stomach in the AM is ideal.
3.) should it be slowly pyramided up then slowly tapered off like T3?
I would pyramid up to see how your body/BBT reacts, but a SLOW taper down is not needed IMO.
4.) what other supplements MUST be taken with T4?
None, really. I would suggest, however, a balanced diet, a good Multi-vitamin, etc.. other stuff like Guggul's, Colleus, Bladderwrack, etc. are nice additions... and some help post cycle (T-100, or Thyroid Energy for example) is a good addition as well, but not required...
5.) what other supplements can be taken and be helpful with T4?
Depends on your goals. A stimulant like Ephedrine would help with fat-loss, a steroid like Test would help prevent muscle loss, etc... many possibilities depending on your goals.
6.) please post all other suggestions/advice/personal opinions/ whats worked best for you? thanks all... any info is very appreciated!

IN BOLD...

DirkMoneyshot said:
oh boy mranak you must be having a brain fart - It takes about 100 mcg of synthroid to convert to 25 mcg of T3.

According to your post T3 is 4x stronger the T3 -

So 100 / 25 = 4

It takes 4x as much synthroid to equal the strength of your T3..

I don't know if i can explain it in simplier terms because this is simple math and i'm not even sure where your goin wrong.
I understand that part. If somebody were to take 100mcg of T4 one day or 25mcg of T3 that day, then the effects during that one day would be roughly similar.

But that isn't the whole story! There are two other very important things that we must consider:

1. The half-life of T3 is about one day. The half-life of T4? About one week.
  2. When the T4 isn't T4 anymore, it becomes T3. Or at least some of it does...I don't know how much. So we must consider the activity of that T3, created from the T4, as well.

I may have bad information, but based on what I have gathered, I hope that my analysis is fair.

Well thats not what you asked in refrence to what i answered.

The body will convert based on what your body is defficient in T3.
Yest T4 is one week, but that doesn't mean the drug is taken differently then T3. Its typically started around 100 ED and adjusted from there. There are lots of doses available with the drug.

The T4 in your body gets converted to T3 and T3 is something like 3-4 times stronger than T3. I don't know if supraphysiological doses of T4 can cause health issues that supraphysiological doses of T3 do not.

T4 AND T3 are pretty poor fat burners. T3 is good for restoring depleted T3 levels on a cut and can synergize with other fat burners like DNP, EC stack and yohimbine. As a stand alone, it's not very good. Higher doses can decrease strength and make you very flat (in the +50 mcg range).

25 mcg is about a replacement dose. The body makes about 32 mcg daily, about 8 mcg of that is from direct secretion from the thyroid, the rest comes from T4 conversion to T3 via the Deiodinase 2 enzyme.

Back