Tanning Tips??

fatchops

hey Felles,

What tanning brand do you guys use? And what kind of oil do you guys used too? Let me know where I can get some too, thanks

Well, I'm not a fella, but I'll give you an answer anyway.:D
I use Pro-Tan on most of my clients. It gives a nice rich looking tan.
Now, Hot stuff use to be my favorite oil/vasodilator but it's illegal in a lot of federations. Another company that has some really nice competition tan products is Pro-Circuit. There is Final Touch and then the oil/bronzer creme is called Finition. It's a nice bronze colour too!
Just make sure you have a really good base tan before using any of the competition tans as you may have an odd colour under the lights if you don't have a good base tan before hand. Use the tanning beds far in advance to your show and get a good base tan first.:D

As for tanning products to use in the tanning bed, I like Australian Gold's Products or Swedish Beauty products! Australian Gold's Dark Fire is great if you can handle the tingle factor!

Frye, what kind of Federations banned Hot stuff?? I am a NPC competitor but i havent heard of it being banned. That is what i usually use for oil. Plus pro-tan and Jan tana for my paint.

Diesil said:
Frye, what kind of Federations banned Hot stuff?? I am a NPC competitor but i havent heard of it being banned. That is what i usually use for oil. Plus pro-tan and Jan tana for my paint.

In Canada here, the Ontario Physique Assosiation and I believe the Western Physique Association has banned Hot Stuff. I don't think the NPC has banned it, but I'll look into it for you.;)

Okay sweetie, it's Fyre, not Frye, hehehe, as in Fire but with a "Y".
You got your protan, good man. Did it come with a little sponge? If not, go to a hardware store and buy a couple of those little painting sponges, they work awesome for putting on the tans. Hmmmm....about the Finition, not sure where you can get it. Where are you located and maybe I can find out for you. I'm all sold out of the Finition or I'd send u some. You can PM me with your location if you'd like. Hopefully we can find u some cuz it's great stuff.:)

Sorry Fat Chops, I don't have any left. I'll try to find some for you though. What organization are you competing with? Is Hot Stuff illlegal with your federation? If not, that is the bomb for posing oil. Brings out the vascularity nicely and give you a flushed look.
The Finition, which I was telling you about, is more of a tan evener with a base oil in it. But, if you're going to go with Protan, then I wouldn't reallys suggest mixing products that have to do with colour. You never know, one may affect the other. Protan is an awesome base, so all we have to do is get you some oil.
Check and see if Hot Stuff is legal or not in your federation before you go out and buy it though. I know it's illegal up here in Canada but fuck, everything's illegal here.(oops, sorry i swore):D

Fyre said:
In Canada here, the Ontario Physique Assosiation and I believe the Western Physique Association has banned Hot Stuff. I don't think the NPC has banned it, but I'll look into it for you.;)

ABBA too!

:D just some helpful advise the best indoor tanning lotion is John Abate's Private Reserve!!! By far the best tingle factor!! Try some and you will see!!

Thank fyre!! Another question for anyone, maybe you can anwser it for me fyre? how many days before my comp do I start applying the pro-tan? My show is April 5th, and I have a solid base from tanning but I just want to know how to use it. Another question, after I apply the pro-tan can I shower and shave? Sorry for the questions just wanna make sure I am doing this shit correctly oops I swore!!!:eek: :afro:

fatchops said:
Thank fyre!! Another question for anyone, maybe you can anwser it for me fyre? how many days before my comp do I start applying the pro-tan? My show is April 5th, and I have a solid base from tanning but I just want to know how to use it. Another question, after I apply the pro-tan can I shower and shave? Sorry for the questions just wanna make sure I am doing this shit correctly oops I swore!!!:eek: :afro:
ahhh.. i got this one :)

ok.. thurs night you do your exfoliation shower.. basically you need to get someone in the shower with you to scrub down your entire body and get rid of all and any loose skin.. It makes your skin smooth and supple to absorb the color and look perfect!! Your body needs to be shaved down this night too!!! either shave or nair your entire body.. This is your last shower and shave until after the show.

1st coat goes on after your shower
2nd coat goes on friday morning
3rd coat goes on friday night

sat is for touch ups if need be...

If you need to shave your face, you do it friday night before your 3rd coat of protan.

Luv super :)

Good job Supergirl!
One thing Fatchops. Who is doing your tan for you? Is it someone who's done it before? Try to get someone who knows how to apply the product. Don't freak out if your first coat looks a little funny though, it will even out after your second and third.
Enjoy your last shower on Thursday.....LOL
Oh, your show is soon! How's everything else going? Is this your first did you say?:D

damn Fyre 7 replies in one thread except for me in the xxx section this has to be a record :D , at the arnold this year they were spraying down people at the jan tana booth how long does this last ?

DADAWG said:
damn Fyre 7 replies in one thread except for me in the xxx section this has to be a record :D , at the arnold this year they were spraying down people at the jan tana booth how long does this last ?
Depends what you use for the tan. Jan Tana has a really good sunless bronzer that will last for about a week before needing touch ups but the regular protan/competition tan will wash off in a day or two. When you put two to three coats of it on, sometimes it doesn't like to come off all that fast. I really do like Jan Tana's sunless tanning products to use throughout the year outside of contest tans. The only problem I find is that I can never get my feet or hands to look quite right with the sunless tans.

Back