Test Cyp turned to jelly

urripped

Hey guys. Have two bottles of compounded test from same batch #. One of the bottles looked frozen when it arrived. As it thawed it stayed in a jelly like state. The other bolttle looks just fine.

Made a phone call and was told its fine just shake it up, but it still looks thick as shit. What causes this and is it safe? Does it affect the potentcy? Never saw this before.

Thanks

I honestly don't know what happened, but what I would do it put it in the microwave (not too long! maybe 10 seconds for 20mL) and shake it up. If it isn't warm enough, then put it in the microwave a little longer but be careful not to burn the shit out of it (5mL is only 1 tsp).

Thanks Mranak. I really appreciate the help. Warming it did thin it out a bit. Seems to jell back up again as it sits for awhile, but not near as bad as before. I will just warm it each time before I use it to thin it.

Wasnt sure if it was safe to use and if it lost any potentcy if it froze like that.

Again thanks for you response mranak.

Use the best method and put in on the stove. Right on top of the stove, no water or anything else. The glass wont break dont worry. Put it on very low heat and take it off the stove after it looks good.

This wont work on a gas stove.

If you purchased this from an online Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) clinic, then it might be reasonable to insist that they give you something that doesn't gel up. But I think it is probably just as safe/effective.

Thanks you guys. Very much appreciate both of you for the insight. I called the pharmacy and didnt get a good vibe about it getting replaced. They insist its good, but said they would take a look at it if I return it. That seemed strange. Was hoping for a simple replacement being that it is not opened yet.

The warming seems to work fine as you guys have suggested. Just never saw this before. Again thank you both for taking the time to help. I feel alot better about it.

Back