Test enanthate Phenol?

cause4alarm

[][][][]--------[][][][]
Been doing a lot of reading about this carbolic acid called Phenol that a lot of Chinese suppliers have in their enanthate. With some issues that I've been having lately I can't help to think that this is the issue.

I've been having A LOT of pain from my test enanthate homebrew and all this time I've been thinking that its the BB or BA percentages. I made the changes to my solvents and still no change in the pain, so this is my last resort of solving the problem. The thing is, I use the same percentages with my sust, deca and tren e and I have no issues with pain or swelling.

Anyone have any info that they can share on this topic? Is there a way to test my enanthate to see if its contaminated?

I'd get cyp and see how that works or a new supplier. I've never had a painful batch of enanthate.

Maybe you are over cooking it or too much heat? I really don't know on this one.

For my Test E homebrew I use:

GSO from supermaket
2% BA
20% BB

I have never had pain with it. Some of my friends have try it and they had no problems, no pain.

I've been having A LOT of pain from my test enanthate homebrew and all this time I've been thinking that its the BB or BA percentages. I made the changes to my solvents and still no change in the pain, so this is my last resort of solving the problem. The thing is, I use the same percentages with my sust, deca and tren e and I have no issues with pain or swelling.

How long after each pinning did you start to notice the pain? Please describe the type of pain (is it like rubbing salt on an open wound? Was it deep? How big was the area of the pain? Did it spread? Did you feel it in your joints?)

First, just to make sure that we don't have an error in the recipe, let's go through the ingredients.

How many gram of Test E?
ml of BA?
ml of BB?
The total volume of the brew, including oil?

Anyone have any info that they can share on this topic? Is there a way to test my enanthate to see if its contaminated?

Do you mean contaminated with carbolic acid/phenol or bacteria?

I don't know how to test for either one, but we can go by a process of elimination to see if it's the BA/BB that is causing the pain or something else.

If we can say for certain that it is NOT the BA/BB that caused the pain (easy to find out), then we know it's something else in the powder that have caused it.

But first, let's go through the recipe, then we'll go to the next step.

How long after each pinning did you start to notice the pain? Please describe the type of pain (is it like rubbing salt on an open wound? Was it deep? How big was the area of the pain? Did it spread? Did you feel it in your joints?)

The injection prior to this last one the pain was noticed a few hours after the injection. The injection was 2cc of enanthate dosed at 250mg (2%/18%). The pain is hard to describe, mainly a tender feeling such as someone took a baseball bat to your glute. Under the skin when pressed on it felt hard-like and the pain spread upwards to the tailbone/lower back region (the track to the lower back was visually noticeable, even wearing a belt was difficult). It had the feeling of the glute being so tight that it limited the range of motion, as to where putting on a shoe was hard, or even bending over. When laying in bed on that glute it felt like there was a hard mass under the skin which was very discomforting. It seemed to spread in an oblong shape in a 45 degree angle from the tailbone downward. There was no odd feelings in the joints. With the most recent injection, 3 days ago, only 1/2cc was injected to test new brew (2%/10%). Still same sort of pain as described above and same characteristics but since a smaller amount was injected the area which was raised didn't seem as large (most likely since it was less overall volume) but the pain can still be described as before.

First, just to make sure that we don't have an error in the recipe, let's go through the ingredients.

How many gram of Test E?
ml of BA?
ml of BB?
The total volume of the brew, including oil?

First batch
25g Test E
2ml BA
17ml BB
100ml total volume

Second batch (most recent injection)
25g Test E
2ml BA
10ml BB
100ml total volume

Do you mean contaminated with carbolic acid/phenol or bacteria?

Contaminated by carbolic acid/phenol. What doesn't make sense is that the other raws don't have any issues, and the same percentages of BB and BA are used.

I ve had the same issues as you described. The post pain inject ,swelling of the glute ,45 degree angle, etc.

I had a 100g of test enath. It wasn't till i got towards the end of the remaining powders that i noticed this batch was painful. Also, i never gotten any pain from my deca,tren,test prop powders. Something funny going on.

With the most recent injection, 3 days ago, only 1/2cc was injected to test new brew (2%/10%). Still same sort of pain as described above and same characteristics but since a smaller amount was injected the area which was raised didn't seem as large (most likely since it was less overall volume) but the pain can still be described as before.

Bro, some of your descriptions of post inject pain sound similar to what I experienced a while back when I used UGL gear (Deca and Test Prop), minus the lack of sore joints. I felt them.

My homebrew have not given me any pain, although I do not use BA/BB, and have only experimented with Test Prop, Drostanolone, and Tren A. I will try my Test E tomorrow and see if it stings or not, and I'll let you know.

First batch
25g Test E
2ml BA
17ml BB
100ml total volume

Second batch (most recent injection)
25g Test E
2ml BA
10ml BB
100ml total volume

The math seems right. All good here.

Contaminated by carbolic acid/phenol. What doesn't make sense is that the other raws don't have any issues, and the same percentages of BB and BA are used.

Ok so your math with the recipe is correct. This is good news.

Our next step is to be sure that we know for ABSOLUTE certainty that the BA/BB did not caused the pain. What you can do is this:

* Measure out 250mg of your Test E (if you have an accurate digital scale)
* Mix that with 1ml of your oil (heated of course)
* Do NOT use BA/BB
* Do filter
* Then pin 0.5ml-1ml of this brew on the glute that is free of pain

Wait for a few hours and see if you experience any slight post injection pain at all.

If you do experience a similar type of pain as before, then we know the BA/BB did NOT cause it (because we don't have BA/BB this time, so something else must be responsible).

If you do NOT experience any pain at all, then we know the BA/BB is the culprit! (We removed BA/BB and the pain is now gone!)

I hope that made sense, and the testing method is doable. If not, we can think of something else.

Last edited:
Hey bro, just an update:

As promised, I tried 1ml of my Test E (about 150mg), no BA/BB. It has been almost 11 hours after I pinned, and there is zero pain. Zip. Nada. Nein. Niet.

Keep us updated if you decided to test out your Test E without the BA/BB, and the results.

Cheers.

Hey bro, just an update:

As promised, I tried 1ml of my Test E (about 150mg), no BA/BB. It has been almost 11 hours after I pinned, and there is zero pain. Zip. Nada. Nein. Niet.

Keep us updated if you decided to test out your Test E without the BA/BB, and the results.

Cheers.

Yesterday I pinned 1mL of cyp dosed at 250mg brewed at 2%BA 10%BB and not a single pinch of pain today? No lump, no redness, no soreness whatsoever.

I understand we're talking about different esters here, but the thing is BA/BB were both used in the cyp and no issues. This has to conclude there's no way that BA and BB are the culprit. As to what the culprit is, I'm still stumped. :scratchhe

No one asked what filtration method is being used ;) So to answer that question, I use the .22 PVDF Millipore complete units. I've been using these for over a year now and no issues. After a few cracked receiver flasks I've figured out the perfect temp to filter and the right psi to prevent cracking. I prefer to use the complete units because I'm a looney about being sterile. I don't have a way to use Gamma irradiation to sterilize a glass receiver bottle so using a glass bottle isn't acceptable in obtaining the utmost possible sterility in my book. Okay, okay..Sorry about the off topic rant, I'm just overly cautious with being sterile and that's basically the point I wanted to get across so that factor can be crossed off the list.

Why pain from the enanthate...I would still like to get to the bottom of this but if I have no way to test for phenol I can't conclude that it's the issue either. I've read that phenol is soluble in water, so can't I mix some enanthate in distilled water and observe what dissolves and what doesn't? Obviously nothing should dissolve in the water so if there is a change in the water or enanthate is that enough evidence that there is an issue with the raw?

Yesterday I pinned 1mL of cyp dosed at 250mg brewed at 2%BA 10%BB and not a single pinch of pain today? No lump, no redness, no soreness whatsoever.

Then it seems like it could be something in your Test E (phenol as you said?).

I understand we're talking about different esters here, but the thing is BA/BB were both used in the cyp and no issues. This has to conclude there's no way that BA and BB are the culprit. As to what the culprit is, I'm still stumped. :scratchhe

I think it greatly decreases the chance that BA/BB were the sources of the pain, but we cannot say for 100% certain that they are not the indirect cause.

Let me explain. Since we're using a Cypionate esther instead of an Enanthate one, there is a possibility that the Cyp+BA/BB = no reaction, whereas Enan+BA/BB = chemical reaction to produce a slight variant that is not very well tolerated by our body.

Now, I'm not saying I know for a fact that BA/BB reacts with the Enanthate esther, but we have to take that possibility into account. Because from what I've learned in chemistry class (just basic college level), chemicals do react with each other and sometimes, certain combination could create a new product.

I think for our purpose, we would want to eliminate this possibility by simple testing, by making a small amount (1-5ml) of Test E, without the BA/BB, and test it out.

I hope what I wrote made sense. If not, please let me know, and I'll try again :druggie:.

No one asked what filtration method is being used ;) So to answer that question, I use the .22 PVDF Millipore complete units. I've been using these for over a year now and no issues. After a few cracked receiver flasks I've figured out the perfect temp to filter and the right psi to prevent cracking. I prefer to use the complete units because I'm a looney about being sterile.

I like how you sound almost obsessive compulsive with cleanliness, which is great! :bigok:

The reason why I didn't ask you about the filtering, 'cause in your case, the pain came pretty quickly within a few hours, and the descriptions of the pain resemble that of pain from post injection pain and not of an infection (redness around the area with swelling). Back when I did UGL gear, the pain was noticed as early as half an hour post injection, and it would increase in intensity, without any swelling or redness, so I knew it wasn't an infection, because an infection could not have started that fast without any redness and swelling.

I don't have a way to use Gamma irradiation to sterilize a glass receiver bottle so using a glass bottle isn't acceptable in obtaining the utmost possible sterility in my book. Okay, okay..Sorry about the off topic rant, I'm just overly cautious with being sterile and that's basically the point I wanted to get across so that factor can be crossed off the list.

:p @ blasting the brew with Gamma radiation. Who knows... that might disrupt the chemical structure of the Test E and create a new, highly potent version that can turn people into some X-men type mutants :druggie:.

Why pain from the enanthate...I would still like to get to the bottom of this but if I have no way to test for phenol I can't conclude that it's the issue either. I've read that phenol is soluble in water, so can't I mix some enanthate in distilled water and observe what dissolves and what doesn't?

I have never tried this, but if what you said about phenol is accurate, then logically, it makes sense to try to collect the phenol using distilled water. But what's next after you have collected some solution in this distilled water? Shoot it and see if it hurts? :D

Back