Test prop what the hell - quad is swollen. first cycle

Okay thanks for all the help guys. Yea it has gotten worse. I figure since the active life of prop is 48 - 72 hours it should start getting better tomorrow, right now it has been 72 hours. My guy told me to take bendryl for anti-histamine and ibuprofen for anti-inflammatory. I did it and it didn't really help. So hopefully by tomorrow morning I see some improvement.

that sounds like prop! i had the same kind of swelling the first time i injected my quad with 1 cc of a test E & prop blend. i couldnt walk for like 3 days. massage it with heat. what i did to prevent the same kind of swelling was split each cc into 3-4 injection sites. yes it was a pain in the ass & yes you feel like a pin cushion but its a hell of alot better than not being able to walk . as for the body aches, is this your first cycle? i had flu like body aches on my first. i think it was because my body wasnt used to it. i dropped like 800mg of ibuprofen a day to deal w/it.

glutes, and i use the same needle to draw and pin, never had a problem. doesn't dull it THAT much

GNIOM - Never do this. Swab the stopper with alcohol, use 18g to withdraw from vial, and then replace with your pin of choice used for injecting (I use 23 for oil based).

It somewhat looks like the injection went subq (oil came out of the muscle and went into the subcutaneous tissue). This will cause the area to become red and swollen like that. It might also feel warm to the touch. If this is what happened it will disperse into the muscle tissue but it takes longer to do so as the subcutaneous layer has a slower dispersion rate. Apply heat to the area (you can get a sock and throw some rice in it and tie and close it with a knot) throw it in the microwave for 20-30 seconds (be careful as the sock might get TOO hot!) and apply to the area for 5 or so mins, the sock wont stay warm for that long. They sell things of this sort that work better but you don't have time to order something and wait for shipping so this is a make-shift method.

Next, try warming the oil before injecting. There are several methods of doing this: You can hold your syringe (with the oil in it) in your hand for 15+ mins until it warms the oil to your body temperature. You can run the syringe under warm water for a min or two but make sure it doesn't get too hot! I'll do this and then hold it in my hand to make sure it's not too hot. Or you can use that sock with rice and wrap it around the syringe. I'm sure you can think of other ways to warm the oil but these are just a few. Doing this will make the oil easier to push and allows it to match your body temperature for easy dispersing.

Another thing, if you feel like you're going to pass out, don't take a cold shower. Find a way to elevate your feet to get the blood back to your face. I used to be the same way with the sight of my own blood and needles. Just lay on your back and put your feet on your bed or a chair and take slow deep breaths, in through your mouth and out through your nose. This will help!!

I know you said it's a home brewer, does this person have a label? If not, how can you even be sure you're even shooting prop! If it has a label, does it say whether or not theres BA, BB (the contents of each) and what oil is used? Sometimes people react to high amounts of BB so to narrow this down we need to cover all the bases.

Let's get to the bottom of this!

*Edited to include pic*

Pretty self explanatory...
View attachment 544882

Last edited:
Yea after doing non stop research on this I found this. steroidology.com/forum/anabolic-steroid-forum/157651-injection-site-pain-read.html

"If too much benzyl Alcohol is used to formulate the solution inflammation and pain may result. Pharma grade usually contains 0.9% Benzyl alcohol where the common senseu states UGL products contain on average 2%. Anything above 1.2% offers no added anti-microbial effects. Due to water soluable nature of benzyl alcohol tissue irritation of this nature has been known to ***8220;travel***8221; as the excessive alcohol diss via the blood stream. This is most common with injection into the quads (vastus lateralis).The pain travels down toward the knee. This may however be in part due to lymphatic drainage and leads me nicely to my next point.
Ice and ibuprofen may help with the swelling. Hot baths, showers and massage of the injection site may help to distribute the injection and reduce pain."

This is pretty much what is happening. The swelling and redness traveled down toward my knee and not up. The guy that I got it from says it has a high BA and BB content so this is what im thinking.

This is an excellent post and should almost be in a quick reference section.

I didn't even do my next injection cause I Had so much anxiety about that shit happening again. I am going to save it for my next cycle. Instead im going to keep doing the anavar and start some GHRP-6 and CJC 1295. I have slin pins so I can get use to pining myself. I figure it will be a lot easier to get used to since its 5/16" and 30g pin. When I start I am definetly going to start spreading it out for the first few injections. Another guy I know got the same stuff and his first injection he did .5CC and it was fine the next injection he did was 1CC and the same crap happened. He said it started to feel better 4 days later. Now hes only doing 0.5CC each injection which I find is a pointless dose.

yep so it has been 90hrs since injection and it is still getting worse. My quad is swollen and red down to the knee. Now I am really considering going to the doctor. What do I say "yes so I decided to inject myself with Test and my leg is swollen"?

Yep, went to the doc he gave me doxycycline. I guess it makes you sensitive to sunlight. Ha I think he did that on purpose with it being the 4th tomorrow. I will not start until tomorrow morning to see if it goes away and it really is the BA. Im done taking anavar I feel sick when I take it. Not worth it and Im not going to do an oral only cycle. What a waste of money this has been. Oh and my BP was 150/90 fuck that.

Its no business of mine but I can never understand anyone on cycle that hits the piss "alcohol" while on cycle its GEAR FOR DUMMIES 101 don't get thrashed whilst cycling you want to give yourself every possible chance to excell, but like I said not my business so more power to you, Hope your quad is healing bro all the best.

My first pin was yesterday and it was prop. My heart was racing during the pin but it took less then 2 minutes and everything went perfect. I though I would be limping today but I woke up with nothing at all. It's like I didn't pin. I used a 23g 1 1/2 and went 7/8 into quad.

Im quite happy I didnt get such a harsh PIP as yours. This would have made me stop the cycle I think lol

tOD36 I use Tepro always have always will sometimes it drills but shit its the price you pay and Aussie IFBB Pro said to me you love prop bro? Im well yeah his response? LEARN TO LOVE PAIN!! The batch I just switched to last three pins ZERO pip not even remote itchy irritation just decided to inject deeper problem solved or the BA in this batch isnt as full on.

Yea I don't really drink but just recently broke up with the GF so the brother in-law thought it would be nice to take me out for a drink. I was going to wait until the next mornig to start it but I was too damn excited. Leg is finally healing it is itching a ton. Yea I believe it was an infection. I had pitting edmea which seems to be only caused by an infection or an abscess that is infected. The BA content shouldn't cause pitting edmea - (I read).

That happens with virgin muscle man... I'm no doctor but I've put plenty of needles in my quad. Another thing I noticed from your pics... You shot more so into the middle quad as opposed to the outer quad. This WILL cause pain big time. Trust me I've done it a few times. ALWAYS in your quad shoot the outer muscle. I only shoot in my quads.. Seems to be the easiest place. The quadriceps consists of 4 muscles of which the outer muscle (the Vastus Lateralis) takes injections much better than the others. Watch a youtube video on test injections in the quad, it may help.

As far as the redness goes, did you definitely go deep enough into the muscle? If all that oil is sitting under your skin, that may cause that until it disperses.

Good luck man!

Yea I don't really drink but just recently broke up with the GF so the brother in-law thought it would be nice to take me out for a drink. I was going to wait until the next mornig to start it but I was too damn excited. Leg is finally healing it is itching a ton. Yea I believe it was an infection. I had pitting edmea which seems to be only caused by an infection or an abscess that is infected. The BA content shouldn't cause pitting edmea - (I read).

From the pictures that's not an infection nor an abscess. I put money on it that it's one of the things I mentioned in my previous post.

maybe it was the oil or BA content. All I know was Tuesday night started the antibotic and thursday (6th day) it started to heal. I should have taken another picture when it was almost my entire leg from knee to a few inches above injection. Everywhere I have read it said the pain/swelling/redness or something should have gotten better by the 4th day and it was still getting worse. What it came down to was - for 15 bucks copay and a 2.00 script for an antibitoic 17.00 is cheap to have peace of mind.

First time I injected, I got really dizzy and felt like I was gonna faint. But it was just nervousness. Whats with everyone saying prop hurts? Felt no different to other compounds. I heat up the gear before injecting so maybe that helps

How do you go about heating your prop. I held the listed syringe under the faucet fir a few minutes on my second injection and it seems to help a bit

Is there a problem with heating the whole bottle every time? Didn't know by heeding and then it getting cool several times would effect it

I'm on prop as well, my shoulder was exactly like that but the swelling went down after 2-3 days and I'm used to the pain now and loving the pumps :)

Back