testing for deca?

old timer

brazilian jiu-jitsu guy
Hey guys,

I wanted to know what are the specific tests towards detecting deca(nandrolone decanoate) in the urine or the blood stream of a person. For example, the testing for testosterone, the chemical of focus is ofcourse 'testosterone'. Well, I did some research on a few lab diagnostic sites(quest, labcorp, etc.) and did not find any test that corresponds to deca.

Please let me know guys..

Thanks.

i dont know what metabolite they test for when looking for nandrolone/deca but i do know it is detectable for a very long time , some say as long as 18 months.

When I was competeing in ameture mma there was some tested bouts and my trainer told me that deca metabolites store in your fat cells and could stay there for up to 18-24 months. Alot of athletes use it and get in trouble because when they diet down the metabolites release into your blood and cause a posative test.

Detox to remove deca traces?

can i take de-tox formulas to quickly remove the metabolites of deca in my blood? and if so, what is the detox called?

No detox that i know of. If youre an athlete and have even the slightest chance of being tested in the next 18 months you should not be using deca.

What i would like to know is if Deca throws off a Testosterone/epitestosterone ratio test as these quite often seemed to be used as first line of testing because of the cost of going to a full blown steroid test.

Last edited:
nothing known to date to clear it, normally the test your ratio and then if they show any sign of abnormality they go into individual testing. most will clear the system in 4-6 weeks for inj., 1-2 weeks for oral. Deca stores in fat cell and is nearly impossible to clear in less then 6 months

Back